Author Topic: The other auto  (Read 16699 times)

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
Re: The other auto
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2006, 04:31:08 am »
it's accuracy is more accurate than ak, and any other autos.
I think the aug more accurate isnt it?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2006, 06:25:30 am »
^
I'm not sure about the ak, but the minimi is defiantly more accurate than the aug as long as you keep that bink tamed.

I like the Minimi because its a very versatile weapon. At long ranges you can use it like an autocannon by clicking it (thub-thub-thub-thub), at short ranges you just let-rip with either holding down the fire button or clicking it very fast. And as I said before, there is also the nice feeling of individuality in the server, along with my all-camouflage look.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 06:33:36 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2006, 07:39:33 am »
I started using the Minimi over the AK as my auto of choice thanks to this thread, and I love it. The large clip is terrific, and it has a great firing rate and accurancy for an auto.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2006, 07:51:17 pm »
Welcome into the comradeship of the Minimi!

That would be my answer, but because I like being the only minimier in the server, I would like to say: Get out! that’s moi weapon! Feck off! ;D

Me thinking after seeing anougher Minimier: Look! A fellow minimier battleing against predudice and Rugerers! *salutes*, Oi! Im supposed to be the only Minimier, you will never beat me! MWHahahaa......
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 08:05:34 pm by SDFilm »

Offline MWTBDLTR

• Major
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2006, 10:51:05 pm »
SD we still have to have a minimi 1v1 one of these days
.:*OC*:. MWTBDLTR

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2006, 02:47:49 am »
Then install msn, because aol sucks arse.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:53:51 am by SDFilm »

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2006, 04:04:36 am »
Eagles Arrows is right, it is very nice in RS, i always use it for fast rushs because with the big magazine you can kill 3-4 people in one clip.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline soldatsniper

• Major(1)
  • When in doubt, grab an AK
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2006, 05:09:39 pm »
i dont use any auto's lol. personaly, all due with respect, i prefer one-shot guns, like barret or m79. those take skill. but auto's and machine guns...you just spray around hoping to kill someone...But auto's can be good too, for there binks, and fire power.
FIGHT WITH AZN PRIDE !! YOU WANNA START CALL'N PEOPLE NOOBS? YOU WANNA HACK? THEN I GUESS YOU GOTTA MEET KITTY!
              -PLAY WITH RESPECT

Offline GNU

• Major
    • Australian Soldat Community
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2006, 05:20:12 pm »
i i prefer one-shot guns, like barret or m79. those take skill. but auto's and machine guns...you just spray around hoping to kill someone.

So a gun that kills in one bullet takes more skill than a gun that kills with 10+ bullets?

Explain.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2006, 05:24:06 pm »
Technically it does take more skill.

Since you have 50 or so shots to use with a minimi, but you only haveo ne to use with a 1shot and you have to use that effectively or you are dead. So, if you miss with other weaps you can still get a kill.. not with 1 shots.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2006, 05:25:55 pm »
Different guns take different kinds of skills.  Autos can be sprayed but you won't deal a quick death blow unless you aim for the upper torso area.  Barrets and such do take aiming, of course, but you can spray with these (to a certain extent) as well.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2006, 05:35:23 pm »
Whenever you fire an auto it is spraying.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2006, 05:36:46 pm »
Unless you do burst firing  :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:51:46 pm by Meep. »

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2006, 05:58:35 pm »
did that guy just told us barrett and m79 takes more skills....

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2006, 05:59:09 pm »
Whenever you fire an auto it is spraying.
Total garbage. Spraying is simply blind firing in the general direction of someone that's off-screen or at the edge of the screen and hoping to hit them. Using an auto effectively is shooting at them with burst-firing like Meep said, and gaining kills with it. I can use the Minimi effectively by burst-firing, and I hate it when someone calls me a sprayer, because I certainly am not.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline GNU

• Major
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2006, 06:01:02 pm »
did that guy just told us barrett and m79 takes more skills....

The Barret is harder to use these days with start-up and bink. But then again the auto's self bink too.

Maybe... just maybe..... they're balanced?!?!?

and I hate it when someone calls me a sprayer, because I certainly am not.

It is annoying when you get called a sprayer, then again, you'd probably call someone a noob if they kept M79'ing you from point blank range.... in that case /mute wins all.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:03:26 pm by GNU »

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2006, 06:09:01 pm »
Unless you are %100 accurate with auto, than the bullets you miss with turn into spray. So everytime you fire auto there is spray.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline GNU

• Major
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2006, 06:11:02 pm »
Unless you are %100 accurate with auto, than the bullets you miss with turn into spray. So everytime you fire auto there is spray.

So in order to control that spray and hit your target, it takes skill.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2006, 08:21:03 pm »
i dont use any auto's lol. personaly, all due with respect, i prefer one-shot guns, like barret or m79. those take skill. but auto's and machine guns...you just spray around hoping to kill someone...But auto's can be good too, for there binks, and fire power.

And I suppose you would know that, being the veterian auto user that you are.  ::)

You cannot expect to get anywhere far against half decent opponents by just "spraying around". Believe it or not, you do have to aim with autos, and although there are more bullets, I should not need to remind you that these bullets are much more slow and less powerful than your skilled 1-hit-kill ones. When you fire an auto you have to keep your aim steady on the target until you get those 7-12 bullets into that running target. With the Barret, its all over in a second-no need to keep an aim anymore because the soldat is not running.

When I get killed by an auto user I respect the fact that he had better control over his weapon, where as with 1-hit-kill weapons I fell more cheated because its all over in a single click that maybe used some calculation if it was a mid-long range shot.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:51:32 pm by SDFilm »

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2006, 09:33:25 pm »
Minimi is my favorite weapon and yes you do have to aim.  Those who think otherwise must not be very good with it.  Another aspect of using autos you have to use strategy, for example, you need to attack an enemy in a way that you can keep them close to you so you dont have to adjust your aim to much, and if you attack from above you get a lot of headshots.