Author Topic: iPod  (Read 10304 times)

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
iPod
« on: June 14, 2006, 06:15:25 pm »
Are iPod's worth the price. If yes or no, why?

I want some suggestions because I might earn some cash and get one.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:18:46 pm by Shadow G-Unit »

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: iPod
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:17:01 pm »
Sure.  I bought a Nano for $200 and it is a breeze transferring songs onto it.

Battery Life drains a bit too fast when your volume is on Max, though.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:38:36 pm »
no...

a nano had what? one gig? you could have gotten a 40 gig 2-3 years ago going with creative.

creatives are cheaper and better.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 06:56:20 pm »
For once I agree with a 4 year old.

DO NOT BUY AN iPOD!!!

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 07:11:17 pm »
no...

a nano had what? one gig? you could have gotten a 40 gig 2-3 years ago going with creative.

creatives are cheaper and better.
First of all, iPod nanos come in 1gb, 2gb or 4gb.  I can get a 2gb nano for $150 CDN, or $200 for a 4gb one, pretty cheap and worth it if you ask me.  And no one can beat iPod's control, it's so sleek and sick. :)

Offline xurol

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 07:20:25 pm »
iRiver > iPod.

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 07:28:56 pm »
I refuse to use an ipod when I have a Sony Ericsson K750i flashed firmware to a walkman W800, I have a 2GB Memory Stick in there and it plays pretty much everything I need it to play, with great battery life. The 2GB card cost me like $84 AUD (~$60 USD) and holds lots of tracks and has decent transfer speed too, not to mention that it's a PHONE too and I only need one item in my pocket!

Ipods are overpriced and are NEVER as good as they say they are, battery life is less half what they say it is... iRiver is expensive too, but not so bad.
If you only want to play music then you shouldn't get an ipod, they sux.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 08:01:31 pm »
My total library of songs is approximately 120, and I don't even like a few of them. Yup. The smallest iPod is 1 gig if I'm not mistaken, and it holds over 240 songs. I saw it at Wal*Mart for $150, and I thought it was unnecessary for my music needs.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 08:15:10 pm »
I got a Creative Zen Xtra a long time ago.  40 gig.  kicks ass.  Way cheaper than the iPod alternative, and the sound quality is better, which is all I really care about.

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 08:25:55 pm »
How can you survive with 120 songs! That's so little vairety.

Offline AerialAssault

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 09:01:04 pm »
ive got a creative zen sleek 20gb. it was $250. i like it alot except a little dust accumulates under the screen.
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
- Maynard James Keenan

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 09:10:38 pm »
Hey, thanks this will help me alot!

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 09:15:35 pm »
Don't get an Ipod, the battery drains really really fast......Get a Creative, or a Samsung.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 09:35:46 pm »
Well right now I have a Creative MuVo TX FM 256 MB, but it won't hold enough for all of my songs. Yeah, I'm thinking about getting a Creative Zen Micro or Zen Micro Photo. Creative is very good at making Mp3 players. I still need more suggestions.

Offline DrivenUnder

• Major
  • Im Jess
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 09:44:13 pm »
I bought a black nano a few months ago. Its really great, extremely easy to organize playlists and browse through different music.
Some negative things about the ipod I found was that it scratches up pretty easily, so buying a cover is a good idea. Im to to poor to be buying a cover for it, so its all scratched up and I dropped it like 20 times. Lol, im such a bad owner. But anyways, the battery is not that bad, might have to charge every 1-2 days to full battery. I sometimes accidentaly dont hold it and my ipod's battery starts draining down.

The headphones get all tangly sometimes too. >:(
I would suggest if you want a good looking and sleep mp3 player then get this one. I usually have it out in class cuz I get bored in art class. Everytime she comes over thinking about doing something I just sneek it into my sleeve, muaha!
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 12:44:21 am »
I don't know how much this will help you out but I have a 1 GB Sandisk Sansa E140. Nobodies probably heard of it but it does what I want it to. It has a slot for an expansion 2 GB memory card so it could hold around 800 songs.

It doesn't have the BEST control scheme, and the way you have to do playlists is a bit weird, but it works for me, and it's cheap as crap.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 01:12:24 am »
IPods are overpriced. In catalogues they seem to put other brands next to the iPods and the alternatives are always something like 5GB for the same price as a 2GB iPod. And they have a stupid name.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 03:20:48 am »
As mentioned, iPod's are ridiculously priced for the amount of storage space given. I had a bought a 40 GB Archos Gmini for about $220 that I loved, which had the ability to record sound direct as MP3s and display pictures (albeit grainy in grainy grayscale). In addition to increased storage space, non-Mac MP3 players are nice because you can drag and drop your music into the box without having to use a specific program such as iTunes and needing to convert it to some stupid proprietary format.

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 05:05:59 am »
iPods are ridiculous machines.
I too, bought an Archos 120$ 3 years ago (okay iPod didn't exist at that time...) and I'm still fully satisfied with it.
Mine has 10GB storage which isn't a lot but still better than Apple's joke.
Seriously, buy anything but an iPod. Go for Archos if you're rich. You won't regret it.
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 06:50:55 am »
Yarrr, gots my PSP, which has gladly removed my shoddy 256mb mp3 player with the much appreciated 1 gb memory stick.
Depending on my mood for the day, I slap on a couple of well spread out playlists with specific music on them... At the moment I've got 8 gb of music on my hard drive. The sound doesn' go up as loud as I wish it would, but meh. I like the idea of being able to hear when I'm older.