Author Topic: iPod  (Read 11404 times)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: iPod
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 07:29:39 am »
I own an older iPod, and we (my father and I) recently bought an iPod nano 2gb for my mom for ~$200 USD.

If you're looking for something small, I'd actually quite reccomend the iPod nano, they're small, have a decent capacity, and user very little power (good battery life)

Offline Didimow

• Soldier
  • 4x4s Suck
    • endless forest
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 07:39:36 am »
No.
 M4a format sucks.
Downloading form Itunes prevents free sharing.
Screens on iPod nano very weak.

I hate the fact that when somebody says "mp3 player" everyone suddenly says "Ipod!"

Creative for me thank you very much.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 08:41:09 am »
I hate that everyone says like "dont use your ipod or your mp3 player" as if its a seperate thing
well fuck its not. Its crap. the only reason for that is its the only mp3 player I've ever seen advertised. a shame.
Every one I know whos had an ipod has had at least 2 cos the bloody things are so temeramental. they break so easily!

windows media player is the same as itunes. WMP was first ffs
YEP

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 12:21:13 pm »
How can you survive with 120 songs! That's so little vairety.
what if he has 120 different styles of songs :P

Anyway my advice whatever gives you the most memory for the cheapest price get, since you said you might want to earn some money, i guessing you don't have a job.  Just save up like $200 and get the most memory you can with that.
@ii

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 01:38:32 pm »
LOL IPOD SUCKS
PSP PWNZZZ

i know like 6 ppl with an ipod, and they have all broken down 1 or 2 times....

they are made to stop working after a few months

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 01:52:47 pm »
I've had mine almost 2 years no problems. I don't exactly treat it well either the back is completly scratched :P And I use to work out in the cold with it at really low temperatures, still no problems :)

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 02:11:41 pm »
I have a 7.1 channel HD audio card with Boston speakers that plays an unlimited amount of songs. There is nothing that I do on a daily basis that is not within hearing distance from a quality piece of audio equipment. Why the fuck would I need a low quality piece of crap like an iPod?

Offline Didimow

• Soldier
  • 4x4s Suck
    • endless forest
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 03:10:36 pm »
I have a 7.1 channel HD audio card with Boston speakers that plays an unlimited amount of songs. There is nothing that I do on a daily basis that is not within hearing distance from a quality piece of audio equipment. Why the **** would I need a low quality piece of crap like an iPod?
Hum high standards i assume.

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 03:17:39 pm »
I've owned an iPod for a year. Haven't dropped it and I usually have it with me everytime I go outside. So it won't break unless you throw it against the wall.
It looks nice. Has a good capacity.  And what's wrong with the quality? It's fine.
I don't exactly treat it well either the back is completly scratched
I think there's nothing you can do about it. Mine's scratched too. Well not that badly, I can still see myself from the mirror.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 03:50:49 pm »
How can you survive with 120 songs! That's so little vairety.
Yeah, well, that's me. It means I have other things to do than listen to music all day. I do wish I had more, but I don't listen to music that much. Besides, if I did have 1500 songs to put on an iPod, I wouldn't be able to listen to them all in one sitting anyways. I only listen to music on the bus ride to and from school and on the weekend occasionally, etc. I'm usually tied up with school the whole week, and I'm usually helping my dad paint on the weekend.

EDIT: I can't spell. ::)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 03:52:32 pm by Twistkill »

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 05:07:10 pm »
By the looks of the iPods, they are very vulnerable to breaks due to their size (ex. iPod Nano). So.... I might not get a Nano NOW due to it's problems with people who had problems with it.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 05:08:31 pm »
No.
 M4a format sucks.
Downloading form Itunes prevents free sharing.
Screens on iPod nano very weak.

I hate the fact that when somebody says "mp3 player" everyone suddenly says "Ipod!"

Yes you got that very right Didimow.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 09:47:25 pm »
Sansa is good I hear, simply because they're cheap and expandable.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 01:49:18 am »
I've owned an iPod for a year. Haven't dropped it and I usually have it with me everytime I go outside. So it won't break unless you throw it against the wall.
It looks nice. Has a good capacity.  And what's wrong with the quality? It's fine.
I don't exactly treat it well either the back is completly scratched
I think there's nothing you can do about it. Mine's scratched too. Well not that badly, I can still see myself from the mirror.

Wasn't complaining :P I like the way it looks now :D

Offline iPod

• Major
  • HA! HA! CARE FOR A MIXED NUT?
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 02:39:11 am »
The 60 gb video iPods are proably worth it, but all the others are gimmicks. Do not waste your money on the mini/nano/etc.

There are some amazing mp3 players out there, just do your research and look around.
[MpS]P00pSmith

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 02:48:05 am »
The latest generations of iPods are definately worth it.
1) Battery issues have been remedied
2) Enough talk about "prevents free sharing"...that's crap.  Get eph-pod v.2 and you can take songs on and off of your iPod.
3) Buy it at the right place and you can snag a three year warrenty that covers and mishaps with a free repair or a brand new iPod.
4) The creative mp3 players are nice, but my friends broke after taking much less dfay to day wear than my iPod did.  Sound quality is nice and all that, but it broke down fast.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2006, 03:10:21 am »
My PSP is good enough for me.
Pshh, all you and your needs. ::)
18:15

Offline Rotorvator

• Major(1)
  • "I'm the manager... the manager..."
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 09:01:41 am »
I have an iPod and it's a good investment. Instead of lugging around two cases holding 48 CDs, I can carry all of that around in my pocket. I recommend the 30GB iPod video, if you have a large music collection that is constantly growing and if quality matters. I like to import music at 192 kbps or more. Right now, since I have used a quarter of the room on a 20 GB (the discontinued audio only iPod), I'm bumping up to 224 kbps. But, if you have a small music collection, that doesn't grow fast, and the mp3 quality doesn't really matter, get the Nano, even though I think the smaller size is pointless, but cheaper.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 10:16:41 am »
Personally, I think that most people get iPods because they see everyone else walking around with one and think to themselves: "Hey, I think I need an MP3 player or whatever that iPod thing is. It would be great to get one." Recently, I've been saying that iPod owners are no longer individuals, but a condensed chunk of society, which is more of an exaggerated joke.

I have no more than 200 songs (the ones that I listen to). Of course, the case is most likely different for most of you. Either way, I only have a very old 128MB iRiver. It's lasted me about 5 years now. My dogs chewed it up a bit, though. >_> If such a low-class player exists today, I doubt it would be more than $40. If you have a very large collection of music, there are some great alternatives in this thread.

Oh, I also have a PSP with 1GB space for music, video, and pictures, but the audio quality on it is hardly worth mentioning, and a PSP shouldn't be used primarily as an MP3 player in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 10:18:47 am by Kazuki »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 10:40:11 am »
I have a 7.1 channel HD audio card with Boston speakers that plays an unlimited amount of songs. There is nothing that I do on a daily basis that is not within hearing distance from a quality piece of audio equipment. Why the **** would I need a low quality piece of crap like an iPod?

I'm sorry, what is the point of this post?  It looks as if you just want to brag about your good sound card and speakers and assert the fact that you don't think you have a use for an MP3 player.

Is there any reason at all for you to post that in this thread? 

--- Also ---
G-Unit, don't post multiple times in a row.  Please use the edit button to add new information to your first post rather than creating another reply just to add that in.