Author Topic: Hacker ID - facts, myths, and funfacts (10/7/1)  (Read 12428 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Hacker ID - facts, myths, and funfacts (10/7/1)
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:57:11 pm »
How To Identify a HACKER!  -  facts, myths, and funfacts
[/b][/u]

There are several types of hacking in soldat.  In general, hacks are created to give their user an unfair advantage over others in a game.  In Soldat, there are various details you can pay attention to identify a hacker.  However, there are also other situations in which someone may seem to be hackign while he/she actually is not.  This topic will discuss several of these 'how-to-ID-a-hacker' with (hopefully) constant feedback of the soldat community members as well as myths and funfacts regarding hackers.

Let's start a list:

How To Identify a HACKER:

Name:  Superman
Description:  Someone flies around the map in super-high speeds with no end.
Usage:  common
Type:  obvious

Name:  Teleporter
Description:  Someone teleports/warps around the map usually with a chainsaw and appears almost always extremely close to another player giving an easy instant-kill or teleports from enemy flag base to his own getting super fast instant caps.
Usage:  less common

Name:  Aimhacker
Description:  Someone having perfect computer-manipulated aim giving the player very accurate aim.  Used primarily with AK74 (due to its accuracy).  Works only if the targeted player moves predictable (ie:  free-fall with no change of direction).  To my knowledge, this hack may already have been fixed by MM.
Usage:  uncommon or nonexistent
Type:  extrememly incospicuous

Name:  Double Shell or No Recoil
Description:  Someone fires two M79 shells at once (usually at slightly different angles) - on the hacker's screen, M79 shells constantly fly out of the gun.
Usage:  common
Type:  less conspicuous

Name:  No Reload
Description:  Someone fires bullets without needing to reload (especially seen with ruger and HK MP5)
Usage:  more common
Type:  very incospicuous

Name:  Afterlife Walker
Description:  After being killed though the person is not seen moving around he still manages to kill you.  According to legend, the hacker can only fight with fists or grenades.
Usage:  uncommon
Type:  not too inconspicuous

Name:  Bowman
Description:  Using a hack to instantly get the bow upon spawning causing either the existence of two rambos or the disappearance of the bow.  (Note:  see 'Bow glitch' under 'myths' section for additional information)
Usage:  not uncommon
Type:  rather obvious

Name:  Knife hack
Description:  The hacker can continuously throw knives around anywhere he is and will always have a knife in hand after one is thrown.  (Note:  see 'Kinfe glitch' under 'myths' section for additional information)
Usage:  very uncommon or outdated

Name:  Spawn hack
Description:  After dying, the hacker will spawn where his dead body is.
Usage:  rare or outdated
Type:  rather obvious

Name:  Speed hack
Description:  The hacker has the ability to move (slightly) faster than normal.  It's a good hack because it's rather hard to see when someone does it.  Best way to spot it is to run along with the hacker and if you note that he's going impossibly faster than you are you can be sure he hacks especially if you're a fast runner in general.
Usage:  rare
Type:  very inconspicuous

Here are some myths regarding hackers - the following described characteristics may make one seem to be hacking while it simply is a glitch or a bug in the game.

Myths:

Name:  Disonnect/Reconnect
Description:  Seeing someone constantly disconnect and reconnect is merely a glitch due to incorrect proper disconnection of another player making it difficult to kill the player.
Occurence:  frequent
Fault:  server-side glitch
Solution:  Rejoin the server.

Name:  Bow glitch
Description:  The existence of two rambos (or a rambo and a bow) may appear due to glitch during rambo obtainment causing there to be no flame-bow as secondary.  Upon switching non-bow secondary by rambo, the regular bow will spawn and can be picked up by someone else (or even regular rambo) or the bow disappears when rambo switches back to his bow.  Abuse of this glitch is frowned upon.
Occurenece:  occasionally
Fault:  client-caused server-side glitch
Solution:  If you are rambo, pick up the 'second' bow.  If you are not rambo, kill (pseudo) rambo.

Name:  Lag
Description:  Lag may cause a lot of apparent hacking due to delayed registration of weapon firing by someone.  This is especially seen with grenades and M79 and may even cause the target to be boosted away unhurt from the impact.  This happens a lot in servers where your ping is over 200.
Occurence:  more frequent with slower connection/higher ping
Fault:  Client-side or lag between client and server
Solution:  Seek faster internet connection or join faster server.

4. (idea perhaps by The Geologist)
Name:  Fake fire
Description:  A common bug primarily associated with the barret and also the M79 is when you walk 'through' someone in the game (teammate or not) while he has the fire button held down.  If the person is reloading the weapon and holding down the fire button as you walk through the player, your computer will show him punch since the fire button is held down and you are in his punch-area, and when you pass him, the server will still tell you that he's 'firing' (server means punch) but your computer will interpret that as a weapon firing since you no longer are 'in' him and thus it will seem as if he fires the weapon (even perhaps multiple times).  Then when he actually reloaded and fires it seems to you as if he had a super-short reload time.  Basically server tells your computer "he's firing" when you are inside of player - firing is used for both punching and weapon using - on your screen upon receiving this message, you're already outside of the player and your computer shows him firing the weapon (though he really didn't).  (hopefully you understand this - 'tis hard to describe)
Occurence:  more frequent around noobs
Fault:  poor game script with any minor lag
Solution:  Instant firing by the player when passing through him is actually non-existent and may thus be ignored.

Name:  Crouch man
Description:  A player slides around the map in the crouched position with no animation.  Can happen to yourself and someone else.
Occurence:  rarely
Fault:  client-side
Solution:  Will be corrected if after affected player is killed or by switching to prone position.

Name:  Skillzore
Description:  A player who happened to have an insanely high score is rarely a hacker.  It usually is a matter of practice to become very good.  If you want to accuse someone of cheating do it for reasons mentioned in the "Hacker ID" section.  More interesting, in my experience, hackers have almost always been at the bottom of the list because the are known to be bad players (except for the flag teleporters who get 20 points instantly for capping the flag).  Bottom line, get your facts straight before accusing anyone of cheating.
Occurence:  not infrequent
Fault:  player is too good
Solution:  Practice soldat more and more to beat good players.  Don't play in noob-servers because it's not hard for a good player to get first place around noobs (but then you'll be faced with good players in non-noob servers).

Name:  Spawn glitch
Description:  After dying, a player spawns suddenly where he died.  This almost always happens during Connection Problems.
Occurence:  rarely
Fault:  server-side (server-client miscommunication)
Solution:  Deal with it.

Here are some interesting facts regarding hackers.

Funfacts:

1.  Hackers generally have low kill/death ratio because their hack doesn't really achieve much but to be annoying.

This should be a good start for a hopefully long list of facts and myths and funfacts about hackers.  If you see any of these hacks during a game, without hesitation create a vote-hack or leave the server.  The attempt of negotiating or arguing with the hacker will always be futile and will only achieve the hacker's goal of getting you mad or becoming hated and will end with your demise.  It is highly suggested not to talk to the hacker directly but rather to inform other players of the hacker.
Keep it clean folks.

Post comments with more facts or myths or funfacts and I'll be sure to add them to this list.

Important:
Just to be clear, honesty is asked for here so when somebody explains a hack and how it works DO NOT ACCUSE HIM/HER OF HAVING USED THAT HACK.  This is meant to help explain hacks, not become suspicious of someone for knowing how hacks work...

Note:
I will not put users' names that brought up a specific idea for the list.  I'll simply add it to the list.  Also, please put it in the format in accordance with my list.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 06:38:56 pm by zyxstand »
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
Re: Hacker ID - facts and myths.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 04:29:48 pm »
Very nice, should help a lot of people.
not around

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 04:35:01 pm »
I believe the "double shell" portion should include something to clear up a common occurence, mainly the two barret shells fired when prone.  I see this often and the people aren't hacking, yet two barret shells pop out for one round fired.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 04:47:26 pm »
No delay - You don't have a delay on barrett, LAW. Hard to notice especially with law.

Fast reload - Reloads his weapons much faster than you.

Weapons menu - Changes his weapon while he isn't spawning

Infinite nades - Throws too many nades.

Low firing interval - Weapons shoot faster, easily noticable with barrett. Although people often claim to have two barrets on this.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 04:50:26 pm »
on the hacker's screen, M79 shells constantly fly out of the gun.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that?

Offline .neten k!ng`

• Major
  • I am a moron
    • PivotNet
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 05:29:12 pm »
You should also include common hacker nicknames.

*snip* - ElephantHunter

Also, read this topic: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=616.0
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:59:44 pm by ElephantHunter »

<m00`> i bet jews dont have a penis
<m00`> i bet they reproduce with their poo

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 05:34:37 pm »
I believe the "double shell" portion should include something to clear up a common occurence, mainly the two barret shells fired when prone. I see this often and the people aren't hacking, yet two barret shells pop out for one round fired.
I'm not sure if I'm thinking what you mean but you did make me remember something.

I used trainers in the older version primarily for movie making...  of course I don't use them during the game and I also understand a lot about programming concepts - that helped me deduce a lot of the hacks.  The trainer only worked for the older version though just to let you know and was very helpful in making my movies.

You should also include common hacker nicknames.

*snip* - ElephantHunter

Also, read this topic: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=616.0

As you said, that topic is covered elsewhere.  This topic is mainly for the clearing up of common misconceptions and helping people identify hackers.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:59:28 pm by ElephantHunter »

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 05:56:37 pm »
How To Identify a HACKER!  -  myths and facts
[/b][/u]

Name:  Afterlife Walker
Description:  After being killed though the person is not seen moving around he still manages to kill you (usually with saw).
Usage:  uncommon
Type:  not too inconspicuous

You can't pick up or use weapons like that. The only thing I've seen them use is grenades and fists.

Offline .neten k!ng`

• Major
  • I am a moron
    • PivotNet
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 06:05:29 pm »
I posted that topic because its also usefull.

<m00`> i bet jews dont have a penis
<m00`> i bet they reproduce with their poo

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 06:10:16 pm »

I used trainers in the older version primarily for movie making...  of course I don't use them during the game and I also understand a lot about programming concepts - that helped me deduce a lot of the hacks.  The trainer only worked for the older version though just to let you know and was very helpful in making my movies.

Ah ok. I wasn't accusing you of hacking or anything, just curious.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 07:08:03 pm »
Excellent topic.  I've seen hacking accusations get stranger and stranger recently, and a guide like this is need to clear things up.

I've been seeing some suspicious things recently but can't tell if they're hacks or not.

- Barret users on whom bink apparently has no effect -- does such a hack exist, or are they just lucky?

- suspiciously fast Ruger reload -- is there actually a confirmed hack for this?

- aimbot -- again, is this actually confirmed?  Does it simply aim like one of Soldat's own bots, i.e. terribly with anything except Ruger/Barret?

- in a dogfight, just as my enemy seems to be reaching the peak of a jump, he jerks upward a little, then again, then again -- sometimes about 6 or 7 times total, over a period of 2-3 seconds.  His ping is fine and his aim adjustments indicate that he's not getting packet loss.  However, if it's the superman hack, it's unusually subtle, and it's not much basis for accusing someone.

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 08:23:39 pm »
You forgot inf knifes. Just a heads up.

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 08:55:01 pm »
- in a dogfight, just as my enemy seems to be reaching the peak of a jump, he jerks upward a little, then again, then again -- sometimes about 6 or 7 times total, over a period of 2-3 seconds.  His ping is fine and his aim adjustments indicate that he's not getting packet loss.  However, if it's the superman hack, it's unusually subtle, and it's not much basis for accusing someone.

It could be the staircase jump hack. It allows them to jump like in the airhack, only you can jump forward and stuff.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 09:11:48 pm »
No delay - You don't have a delay on barrett.

It's an exploit, not a hack.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 09:22:18 pm »
Did u mention the spawn hack, where u spawn where you died after the set seconds

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 10:19:29 pm »
I'm pretty sure this isn't giving hackers positive attention or fame. This is for letting players know the kinds of hacks that are out there and how to recognize them.

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 10:40:15 pm »
That would be one post out of the entire thread. There's no reason to delete the entire thread. Just delete the post.

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 10:59:03 pm »
Try reading the rules, netin. Those are names of specific hackers that really exist. Technically, this thread should be locked.

FFS!  Cant you losers follow the damn forum rules!

Enesce, you have very obviously ignored the first bolded sentence in our forum rules. Keep your tone down please. Bashing people is not acceptable in this forum.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 11:09:21 pm by ElephantHunter »
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 12:58:53 am »
- Barret users on whom bink apparently has no effect -- does such a hack exist, or are they just lucky?

When I was a noob,I used a hack called Anti-bink. I do believe its still used....alot. and not just on barret.
BUT, due to the lack of bullet registration in soldat, you could mistake a bink hack for the non-registration of the bullets. Its happened to me alot, and god its annoying.
and....no...I don't hack anymore :)
Just another soul to burn.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 02:45:12 am »
When I was a noob,I used a hack called Anti-bink. I do believe its still used....alot. and not just on barret.
BUT, due to the lack of bullet registration in soldat, you could mistake a bink hack for the non-registration of the bullets. Its happened to me alot, and god its annoying.
and....no...I don't hack anymore :)
Damn.  Well, thanks for the confirmation.  I still don't know whether I can accuse someone of using it.  Even if I'm totally sure, to everyone else in the server it'll just sound like I'm whining.

It could be the staircase jump hack. It allows them to jump like in the airhack, only you can jump forward and stuff.
It looks exactly like they're moving up a staircase, jerking from one step to the next.  I guess I'm not seeing things.

This thread is depressing :( I think I'll go play on a well-administered server now

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 02:57:48 am »
Good topic! I seriously needed this.

In Realistic i have seen lots of Supermans (in Avarax tw when it was alive) But i don't have see hackers a while ;)

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 04:05:25 am »
Man, now we only need to get all the noobs to read this. It usually takes about 2-3 votes before the common public noob realise that they got a hacker (then, rather humorously, they'll ask: Is somebody hacking?). Those noobs are the reason that hackers aren't taken care off right away.

Also, is there an anti-kick hack?
My aim sucks.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 04:42:15 am »
Also, is there an anti-kick hack?

yes. Sucky as hell....stupid hacker hacks his way to winning, then when he gets votekicked, he turns on his anti-kick-me hack, and he stays in the server...unless the server's auto "hacker-detecter" (which sucks at the best of times) would kick him....best thing to do is email the admin, give him the twats I.D (then he can check his logs for the i.p used) and hope that the admin is smart enough to ban him off the server :)

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 06:52:25 am »
There are speed hacks aswell remeber. These are very hard because unless they are going noticable fast it looks like a regular lag man, so look at their ping and deduce the outcome.
Im convinced there is a Crouch Bug atwill hack...but that might be me being paranoid :P...just a few times their was a guy always doing the crouch bug, and i mean always...
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline amity

• Major
Re: Hacker ID - facts and myths. (10/5)
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 11:10:42 pm »
iv seen a couple of people that have admitted to using a hack that allows them to have 2 primary weapons instead of a primary and a secondary
but also i think there is a bug where you spawn with 2 primarys as well, cause its happened to a 3 or 4 times

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 12:42:29 am »
There is no such thing as an Anti-Vote-Kick hack!

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 12:57:32 am »
I think someone on my MSN told me there is no reak Anti-vote-kick, but he said that the hackers automatically vote everyone else, so that his name might get blocked out or something like that.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 02:04:59 am »
although enesce wrote the server code, it is possible he left a hole (purposely or accidently...I really don't care). Therefore...THERE IS A VOTEKICK HACK....almost every hacker that goes on any server I surf on, gets votekicked by the majority of the server, yet continues to play untill by his own will, decides to leave...
look through your code again EnEsCe....but it's not a problem so much with Server code...soldat code is the biggest problem.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 02:12:25 am »
I've never seen a hacker who didn't get vote kicked after 3-4 attempts. Maybe not as many people are pressing f12 as you think. Or maybe the server's vote percentage is too high. I honestly don't believe they exist... but I could be wrong.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 04:26:50 am »
well..I could be wrong myself, but I do believe there is a hack out there that exists that stops you from gettin kicked...
maybe its more of a glitch or exploit..... :o

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 04:57:50 am »
Thanks for taking the time to do all that.
Is this stickied?
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 06:06:59 am »
well..I could be wrong myself, but I do believe there is a hack out there that exists that stops you from gettin kicked...
maybe its more of a glitch or exploit..... :o

yeah that seems more likely seeing as there are some major glitchs in this version...
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 06:15:50 am »
although enesce wrote the server code, it is possible he left a hole (purposely or accidently...I really don't care). Therefore...THERE IS A VOTEKICK HACK....almost every hacker that goes on any server I surf on, gets votekicked by the majority of the server, yet continues to play untill by his own will, decides to leave...
look through your code again EnEsCe....but it's not a problem so much with Server code...soldat code is the biggest problem.
You have absolutely no clue what your on about. The only way for someone to make a anti-vote kick would be to force all players to redirect their UDP traffic to a different location. Its all server side. Too much for your puny brain to comprehend obviously.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 07:59:41 am »
You have absolutely no clue what your on about. The only way for someone to make a anti-vote kick would be to force all players to redirect their UDP traffic to a different location. Its all server side. Too much for your puny brain to comprehend obviously.
haha don't you love it when ppl talk about programming yet have absolutely no clue about it?

@ The Bone Collector:
Although I'm not entirely sure, I believe the vote gets activated only after the vote time is up.  I noticed in a 1 on 1 (me vs somebody else) it takes about a minute after a map-vote has been cast for the server to actually change the map.  I concluded that that must be the case with vote cast which is why so many vote kicks can be casted before the server actually does anything thus making it seem as if it took 3 or 4 votes to get the hacker out.

I have however seen that 'hack' in which the server starts throwing all these vote-boxes at everyone which makes it difficult to kick the actual hacker.  Can anyone confirm this?

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 10:27:12 am »
I have seen instances where a hacker has seemed to have been unvoteable,  but maybe not enough people voted. Probably not enough people voted.
There could perhaps be some kind of buffer overflow exploit allowing for remote code execution to allow modification of the voting results? I find it highly unlikely, but theoretically possible.

Anyway, a big problem is dynamic IP. If some kind of unique unmodifiable Soldat user ID could be generated, and allow for banning people based on that, it'd be much more hacker free. I'm imagining something generated when Soldat starts up every time based on the user's current motherboard, graphics card, hard drive model, OS, etc. In addition, a central forum where demos of hackers could be posted, where all server admins would go and ban people from there. Soldat should also come pre-installed with a banlist of known hackers IP addresses or perhaps unique user IDs if such a scheme is possible.
This person is a twat.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 12:44:52 pm »
Please stay ON TOPIC!  Again, this topic is to let people know how to identify a hacker - not how to solve hacking issues.  I believe if there's anything YOU can come up with, MM would have already pondered about it.  Apparently it ain't that easy ye know.  MM isn't dumb - he created soldat and he knows how it works and how hackers get through.  Solving those kinds of problems is entirely up to him.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 02:15:35 pm »
This is nice indeed, but ive seen more steyr aimhackers than ak74'ers in my days, but my days arent so many... so whatever.. :P

But to be onnest, i havent seen many hackers lateley, and during those occasions where there have been ones, they end up getting smited by the admin and kicked........really hard.....  8)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:19:27 pm by Zegovia »

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 10:34:28 am »
If this already isn't, then it should be a sticky topic.  New members can probably find this very useful to help deal with those-scum-of-the-earth idiots.

And about anti-kick hacks...  They're so annoying, there just HAS to be a way to combat them?  Anyone know, will MM be looking after this in versions 1.3.2, or any time in the near future?

On a different note...

Who else hates it when you KNOW for a fact that someone is hacking, yet you try to vote him out, and no other players seem to want to help, 'cause they're noobs?

...Great work zyxstand.  Thanks to you, hacking has becom e even less worth it these days. ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:37:51 am by Brock »
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 03:07:08 pm »
I do believe there is an aim hack right now, or atleast alot of the NA/SCTFL community seems to think so. On the other side of that.... don't just vote kick someone because you THINK they are hacking, alot of people are just really good.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 04:37:27 pm »
I do believe there is an aim hack right now, or atleast alot of the NA/SCTFL community seems to think so. On the other side of that.... don't just vote kick someone because you THINK they are hacking, alot of people are just really good.

yeah i was contemplating about putting that along with the 'myths' - something like "a person who is really good doesn't necessarily hack" - i'm just not sure.
Hopefully my karma will go up since this did take me quite some work to put together to help people...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:27:42 pm by VijchtiDoodah »

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »
haha don't you love it when ppl talk about programming yet have absolutely no clue about it?

@ The Bone Collector:
Although I'm not entirely sure, I believe the vote gets activated only after the vote time is up.  I noticed in a 1 on 1 (me vs somebody else) it takes about a minute after a map-vote has been cast for the server to actually change the map.  I concluded that that must be the case with vote cast which is why so many vote kicks can be casted before the server actually does anything thus making it seem as if it took 3 or 4 votes to get the hacker out.

I have however seen that 'hack' in which the server starts throwing all these vote-boxes at everyone which makes it difficult to kick the actual hacker.  Can anyone confirm this?

You are right with what you said....I don't know ****e about programming.
If thats the case about the votekick system, is there something (again with the programming) like a badly written line of code in the server program? Any programmers reckon this might be the reason?

@zyxstand:
We are ontopic, we are discussing the TOPIC. ;) read all the posts, most of them are ontopic! Oh, and thankyou for making this post. With a bit of luck, michal might see this list and fix the holes/glitches and other stuff in his newly annouced Soldat 1.3.2 :D

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 02:36:24 pm »
I do believe there is an aim hack right now, or at least alot of the NA/SCTFL community seems to think so. On the other side of that.... don't just vote kick someone because you THINK they are hacking, alot of people are just really good.

yeah i was contemplating about putting that along with the 'myths' - something like "a person who is really good doesn't necessarily hack" - i'm just not sure.
Hopefully my karma will go up since this did take me quite some work to put together to help people...

I would definitely add it, alot of new players come here  and even though I just arrived at these new forums I have already seen a couple names that have accused me of hacking in a public server...
[fist] Black Powa

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
Re: Hacker ID - facts and myths. (10/6)
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 10:36:14 am »
Spawn hack....i think its a glitch on my verion of soldat or leo's r/s/a...some time if i have lag and the match ends at the same time...i dont spawn for another 10 seconds then i suddenly re-apear where my corpse is, half dead.

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 11:11:42 am »
"9.
Name:  Spawn hack
Description:  After dying, the hacker will spawn where his dead body is.
Usage:  rare or outdated
Type:  rather obvious"

Could be lag?

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2006, 11:45:50 am »
Spawn hack....i think its a glitch on my verion of soldat or leo's r/s/a...some time if i have lag and the match ends at the same time...i dont spawn for another 10 seconds then i suddenly re-apear where my corpse is, half dead.

Yes, it happens to me on occasion. Whether it's possible to hack in the same way, I don't know, but it's definitely a bug too.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2006, 03:44:12 pm »
lots of things have happened to me that are on this list: (maybe 2-3...)
first, though, is that before i moved i could only use other other peoples networks and my own computer to play. meh dad is control freak and the only comp thats supposed to have internet can only run soldat on 16-bit color, and cant even do so cuz it doestn have DirectX8[/u][/b]. so all of this happened while i was on a faulty connection over someone elses network, now, continueing on:
the following have happened to me
1.super shelling with 79
2.afterlife walker
3.teleport
4.spawn cheat
the following are what happened:
1. in a few servers i played, iv been forced to the other team. i try to join my team again, and poof! it spasses out! im not disconnected, so i try again, and then all contrl is renched from me. 2 of me appear. i constantly kill myself, and i start zooming around the map, constantly teleporting(3) and atleast on my screen firing 5-10 shells in about 5 seconds; i take no damage from any of the shots that land near me, and my disenminded body continues to kill literally everyone on the server and cap the flag about 5 times, with the same purposeful movements as if a really accurate and/or smart bot had replaced me. all through out this, im just sitting there trying to say whats going on, but i cant say anything, even though everything is still updated and my connection is fine. im eventually vote kicked about 3 min after it happened.
2+3: thanks to my lag and through-network connection, lag has caused me to spawn half dead where my corpse previously was(usually happens on r/s servers). also thanks to the lag i have been killed, but it doesnt register, and what happens is i lose all my weapons and about 1.5 seconds later the ragdol kicks in. i have, by luck, wound up killing say 3 people during all the times this has happened with fists or nades.

but yes, id just like to point out that some of those are just results from clunky client side goings ons, and that those 4 are particularly prevailent when you try to switch teams in a balanced-enabled server in my experience. last thing, remember that i had to go through another network to play, and that that might have had an effect on it.
laters

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline kingof gamez

• Major(1)
  • Zelda
    • SoldatMega
Re: Hacker ID - facts and myths. (10/7)
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2006, 03:40:15 am »
these are the real names of the hacks

afterlife walker = deathwalk ( common

superman = airhack (very common

skillzore = scorehack (very rare hack

crouch man = crouch glitch
the deathwalk hack is common and easily spotted

ps: u forgotten about the freeview hack which u could see futherer than the barriet (common)
and the ladder jump hack which u could jump up into the air with out falling down (sort of rare)
and the inf jet fuel hack which gives u inf jets (very very common)

and my last words are DO NOT F***ING HACK ON SOLDAT, ITS SUPPOST 2 BE A HACKFREE GAME!!! 

Date Posted: October 19, 2006, 04:37:53 AM
u forgotten about the ladder jump hack and the inf ammo,jet and grenade hack
Ingame Names/ Uncle Jimmy/ {THE REAL ADMIN}/ Ray/ Tyson/ Computer Mod By Ray/
http://www.soldatmega.tk

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 12:46:28 pm »
Yeah it is quite anoying....beause some times it happens to me when i slam in the enemys base...and hiding behind a box or what ever is hard with out being seen apart from the blood spraying every where.
Yes, it happens to me on occasion. Whether it's possible to hack in the same way, I don't know, but it's definitely a bug too.

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2006, 01:53:20 pm »
Yeah it is quite anoying....beause some times it happens to me when i slam in the enemys base...and hiding behind a box or what ever is hard with out being seen apart from the blood spraying every where.

Not sure what you tried to do there, but I think it failed. I never said "Yeah it is quite anoying..." etc etc, as the quote would suggest.???

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 07:57:02 pm »
wha??/??

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 06:12:39 am »
I think he was just trying to quote me, as though he seconds what I said, but he got the quote thing messed up a bit.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 02:53:29 pm »
Weapons menu - Changes his weapon while he isn't spawning

If you drop your weapon while running over another one, it can often look like you are changing weapons like you said.  Also, if the player HAS picked up another weapon, he can switch to another primary without hacking.

Low firing interval - Weapons shoot faster, easily noticable with barrett. Although people often claim to have two barrets on this.

Claim? They say it because it's true.  If you're skilled with the barret, it's logical to drop your secondary in favor of another barret.  This is not a hack, and it ticks me off when people say it is.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Nruan

• Major(1)
  • Barrett!!!
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2006, 04:05:40 am »
Man that "Disonnect/Reconnect" glitch happens to me sometimes. It's so annoying, and its even more annoying when people accuse you of hacking or something.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2006, 01:30:14 pm »
I believe the "double shell" portion should include something to clear up a common occurence, mainly the two barret shells fired when prone. I see this often and the people aren't hacking, yet two barret shells pop out for one round fired.

I've seen this too.  Kinda confused me for a while.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2006, 12:46:52 pm »
law guy: xactly

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2006, 01:33:20 pm »
I enjoy changing my secondary with an enemy's dead primary. Barrett and Aug often make an excellent combo. To contribute to the thread I commonly am accused of aim hacking often when I use an AK-74 on U13. Try not to judge to quickly as I was kicked a couple times though I don't hack. I agree with {LAW}Gamer completely with the double Barrett trick too.

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2006, 10:50:51 am »

Name:  Disconnect/Reconnect

This may not be a hack, but it sure is an expliot!! I've seen ppl doing this, when they died ( since threre is no point is performing the expliot) they stop, or if I tell them to stop, they actually stop, and chat "what am i doing?" and then it starts again. As soon as the guy is near the flag, he'll go disc/rec again and its (especially in R/S)  very difficult to fight him.
I'm very sure that is easy do deal with this, if a guy Disc/Recon. say 3 times quickly, kick, so hes forced to rejoin. PLEASE it should be very EASY to FIX this!!

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Soldier
  • Boomshakalack!
    • Real Soldat!
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2006, 11:00:23 am »
This is awesome. I still see to many people who falsely accuse others of hacking. I think this might be added to the soldat manual.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2006, 03:19:04 pm »

Name:  Disconnect/Reconnect

This may not be a hack, but it sure is an expliot!! I've seen ppl doing this, when they died ( since threre is no point is performing the expliot) they stop, or if I tell them to stop, they actually stop, and chat "what am i doing?" and then it starts again. As soon as the guy is near the flag, he'll go disc/rec again and its (especially in R/S)  very difficult to fight him.
I'm very sure that is easy do deal with this, if a guy Disc/Recon. say 3 times quickly, kick, so hes forced to rejoin. PLEASE it should be very EASY to FIX this!!

It's not an exploit, and they're telling the truth when they say "What am I doing?"  Usually it's YOU who needs to rejoin, even if it's someone else who appears to be reconnecting.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2006, 07:07:56 pm »
The biggest reason of "hackers" is lag, it makes them warp around and stuff, so before you yell "You hacking son of a *****", check their ping.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2006, 02:52:15 am »
Also, I'd like to point out something else.  Shooting two m79 shots at the same time is not necessarily a hack.  Shoot, switch, shoot.  It can be done fast enough to appear that both projectiles are launched at the same time.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2006, 04:13:39 am »
Also, I'd like to point out something else.  Shooting two m79 shots at the same time is not necessarily a hack.  Shoot, switch, shoot.  It can be done fast enough to appear that both projectiles are launched at the same time.

I've never seen anyone fire two shots from two m79s at the same time. But even if it's possible, you can usually still tell if they're hacking. The hackers never take enough time to reload both m79s. Every double shot is seperated by about the time it takes to reload one m79.

Offline DrUnKeN MaStEr

• Major(1)
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2006, 12:30:32 am »
Not to be random But I made the amount of views on the server say 1337. Cause im pro like that and no that is not true If both m79s are loaded it just takes the amount of time 2 switch (which is fairly short)

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2006, 07:44:02 am »
About the anti-vote kick hack...

There was one for 1.3, in Rev's hack. It just exploited the fact that you couldn't vote to kick someone if there was already another vote already.

Once you know that it's relatively simple to create a hack that automatically votes anyone at random once every two minutes, which is how long it takes for a failed-vote to disappear.

I think this has been fixed in 1.3.1, I have not seen this hack anymore.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2006, 08:50:41 pm »
sry haven't posted in a while here...  i thought maybe to give people an insight look at a hacker and how relatively obvious it is to detect one.

NOTE:  attachment below.

I've been playing with that guy (atlas) for 3 rounds and nobody seemed to have noticed even after i've been exclaiming it for the longest time.

For the playback:
unzip and extract into your soldat\demos\ folder.
strongly suggest to download Diamond Player, a soldat player with various options
suggested playback options:
 - speed preferably 50% - 66%
 - FREECAM!
 - everything else unchecked!

atlas.sdm:
-) Right at the beginning keep clicking till you get to ATLAS SPAS 12 and watch him never run out of ammo or reload.  it happens once early in the video and once again right as I'm about to cap
-) Also take note of the scoreboard and see how I'm first :P  -  but most importantly note how the hacker has k/d below 1 - hackers usually have low score.
-) He'll be on the blue team in the teal pants with deagles
-) He fires 18 shots in a row - then after a pause (with no reload) makes it up to 29 shots.

hack.sdm:
follow sk firefreak on red and watch him shoot with his deagles right at the beginning.  count as you go along.

NOTE:  DEAGLES ONLY HAVE 7 bullets before you have to reload!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 08:58:44 pm by zyxstand »

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 02:45:30 am »
I can't really be bothered to download a 2MB file to see this hacker, but I see your point.

But remember, just because a person fires 20 shots in a row from the SPAS does NOT mean he is hacking. He could just be using the SPAS exploit, which still hasn't been fixed last i checked.

Not that I'm really complaining of course. ;)

Offline elev135

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 03:38:12 pm »
Spawn glitch happenes to me alot when i go fast hit a sloped ceiling and hit the ground and die, then i suddenly spawn again :/ its not really good because i just get hurt and i think im dead so ill just stand there for a second or 2 and then im like woah im alive

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: Hacker ID - facts, myths, and funfacts (10/7/1)
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 11:20:59 pm »
But remember, just because a person fires 20 shots in a row from the SPAS does NOT mean he is hacking. He could just be using the SPAS exploit, which still hasn't been fixed last i checked.
No, no...His NAME is "ATLAS SPAS 12".  zyxstand said he fired 20 shots in a row with the desert eagles.

It's ok, I almost posted a similar response. =)
Gamer_2k4

Offline morrit2

• Major(1)
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2006, 12:34:54 am »
The biggest reason of "hackers" is lag, it makes them warp around and stuff, so before you yell "You hacking son of a *****", check their ping.

Total truth. Just total truth.

Dont hack kick-ping kick :)

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2006, 02:45:14 am »
No, no...His NAME is "ATLAS SPAS 12".  zyxstand said he fired 20 shots in a row with the desert eagles.

It's ok, I almost posted a similar response. =)

No I'm posting it as a separate thing...I know what you mean. ;)

Actually, zyxstand, you should probably add that to your list. People who fire SPAS endlessly may just be using the exploit and are not necessarily hacking.