Author Topic: Hacker ID - facts, myths, and funfacts (10/7/1)  (Read 12442 times)

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
Re: Hacker ID - facts and myths.
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 02:57:48 am »
Good topic! I seriously needed this.

In Realistic i have seen lots of Supermans (in Avarax tw when it was alive) But i don't have see hackers a while ;)

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 04:05:25 am »
Man, now we only need to get all the noobs to read this. It usually takes about 2-3 votes before the common public noob realise that they got a hacker (then, rather humorously, they'll ask: Is somebody hacking?). Those noobs are the reason that hackers aren't taken care off right away.

Also, is there an anti-kick hack?
My aim sucks.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 04:42:15 am »
Also, is there an anti-kick hack?

yes. Sucky as hell....stupid hacker hacks his way to winning, then when he gets votekicked, he turns on his anti-kick-me hack, and he stays in the server...unless the server's auto "hacker-detecter" (which sucks at the best of times) would kick him....best thing to do is email the admin, give him the twats I.D (then he can check his logs for the i.p used) and hope that the admin is smart enough to ban him off the server :)
Just another soul to burn.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 06:52:25 am »
There are speed hacks aswell remeber. These are very hard because unless they are going noticable fast it looks like a regular lag man, so look at their ping and deduce the outcome.
Im convinced there is a Crouch Bug atwill hack...but that might be me being paranoid :P...just a few times their was a guy always doing the crouch bug, and i mean always...
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline amity

• Major
Re: Hacker ID - facts and myths. (10/5)
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 11:10:42 pm »
iv seen a couple of people that have admitted to using a hack that allows them to have 2 primary weapons instead of a primary and a secondary
but also i think there is a bug where you spawn with 2 primarys as well, cause its happened to a 3 or 4 times

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 12:42:29 am »
There is no such thing as an Anti-Vote-Kick hack!

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 12:57:32 am »
I think someone on my MSN told me there is no reak Anti-vote-kick, but he said that the hackers automatically vote everyone else, so that his name might get blocked out or something like that.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 02:04:59 am »
although enesce wrote the server code, it is possible he left a hole (purposely or accidently...I really don't care). Therefore...THERE IS A VOTEKICK HACK....almost every hacker that goes on any server I surf on, gets votekicked by the majority of the server, yet continues to play untill by his own will, decides to leave...
look through your code again EnEsCe....but it's not a problem so much with Server code...soldat code is the biggest problem.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 02:12:25 am »
I've never seen a hacker who didn't get vote kicked after 3-4 attempts. Maybe not as many people are pressing f12 as you think. Or maybe the server's vote percentage is too high. I honestly don't believe they exist... but I could be wrong.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 04:26:50 am »
well..I could be wrong myself, but I do believe there is a hack out there that exists that stops you from gettin kicked...
maybe its more of a glitch or exploit..... :o

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 04:57:50 am »
Thanks for taking the time to do all that.
Is this stickied?
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 06:06:59 am »
well..I could be wrong myself, but I do believe there is a hack out there that exists that stops you from gettin kicked...
maybe its more of a glitch or exploit..... :o

yeah that seems more likely seeing as there are some major glitchs in this version...
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 06:15:50 am »
although enesce wrote the server code, it is possible he left a hole (purposely or accidently...I really don't care). Therefore...THERE IS A VOTEKICK HACK....almost every hacker that goes on any server I surf on, gets votekicked by the majority of the server, yet continues to play untill by his own will, decides to leave...
look through your code again EnEsCe....but it's not a problem so much with Server code...soldat code is the biggest problem.
You have absolutely no clue what your on about. The only way for someone to make a anti-vote kick would be to force all players to redirect their UDP traffic to a different location. Its all server side. Too much for your puny brain to comprehend obviously.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 07:59:41 am »
You have absolutely no clue what your on about. The only way for someone to make a anti-vote kick would be to force all players to redirect their UDP traffic to a different location. Its all server side. Too much for your puny brain to comprehend obviously.
haha don't you love it when ppl talk about programming yet have absolutely no clue about it?

@ The Bone Collector:
Although I'm not entirely sure, I believe the vote gets activated only after the vote time is up.  I noticed in a 1 on 1 (me vs somebody else) it takes about a minute after a map-vote has been cast for the server to actually change the map.  I concluded that that must be the case with vote cast which is why so many vote kicks can be casted before the server actually does anything thus making it seem as if it took 3 or 4 votes to get the hacker out.

I have however seen that 'hack' in which the server starts throwing all these vote-boxes at everyone which makes it difficult to kick the actual hacker.  Can anyone confirm this?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 10:27:12 am »
I have seen instances where a hacker has seemed to have been unvoteable,  but maybe not enough people voted. Probably not enough people voted.
There could perhaps be some kind of buffer overflow exploit allowing for remote code execution to allow modification of the voting results? I find it highly unlikely, but theoretically possible.

Anyway, a big problem is dynamic IP. If some kind of unique unmodifiable Soldat user ID could be generated, and allow for banning people based on that, it'd be much more hacker free. I'm imagining something generated when Soldat starts up every time based on the user's current motherboard, graphics card, hard drive model, OS, etc. In addition, a central forum where demos of hackers could be posted, where all server admins would go and ban people from there. Soldat should also come pre-installed with a banlist of known hackers IP addresses or perhaps unique user IDs if such a scheme is possible.
This person is a twat.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 12:44:52 pm »
Please stay ON TOPIC!  Again, this topic is to let people know how to identify a hacker - not how to solve hacking issues.  I believe if there's anything YOU can come up with, MM would have already pondered about it.  Apparently it ain't that easy ye know.  MM isn't dumb - he created soldat and he knows how it works and how hackers get through.  Solving those kinds of problems is entirely up to him.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 02:15:35 pm »
This is nice indeed, but ive seen more steyr aimhackers than ak74'ers in my days, but my days arent so many... so whatever.. :P

But to be onnest, i havent seen many hackers lateley, and during those occasions where there have been ones, they end up getting smited by the admin and kicked........really hard.....  8)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:19:27 pm by Zegovia »

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 10:34:28 am »
If this already isn't, then it should be a sticky topic.  New members can probably find this very useful to help deal with those-scum-of-the-earth idiots.

And about anti-kick hacks...  They're so annoying, there just HAS to be a way to combat them?  Anyone know, will MM be looking after this in versions 1.3.2, or any time in the near future?

On a different note...

Who else hates it when you KNOW for a fact that someone is hacking, yet you try to vote him out, and no other players seem to want to help, 'cause they're noobs?

...Great work zyxstand.  Thanks to you, hacking has becom e even less worth it these days. ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:37:51 am by Brock »
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 03:07:08 pm »
I do believe there is an aim hack right now, or atleast alot of the NA/SCTFL community seems to think so. On the other side of that.... don't just vote kick someone because you THINK they are hacking, alot of people are just really good.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 04:37:27 pm »
I do believe there is an aim hack right now, or atleast alot of the NA/SCTFL community seems to think so. On the other side of that.... don't just vote kick someone because you THINK they are hacking, alot of people are just really good.

yeah i was contemplating about putting that along with the 'myths' - something like "a person who is really good doesn't necessarily hack" - i'm just not sure.
Hopefully my karma will go up since this did take me quite some work to put together to help people...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:27:42 pm by VijchtiDoodah »