Author Topic: Hacker ID - facts, myths, and funfacts (10/7/1)  (Read 12427 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: Hacker ID - facts and myths. (10/7)
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2006, 02:52:15 am »
Also, I'd like to point out something else.  Shooting two m79 shots at the same time is not necessarily a hack.  Shoot, switch, shoot.  It can be done fast enough to appear that both projectiles are launched at the same time.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2006, 04:13:39 am »
Also, I'd like to point out something else.  Shooting two m79 shots at the same time is not necessarily a hack.  Shoot, switch, shoot.  It can be done fast enough to appear that both projectiles are launched at the same time.

I've never seen anyone fire two shots from two m79s at the same time. But even if it's possible, you can usually still tell if they're hacking. The hackers never take enough time to reload both m79s. Every double shot is seperated by about the time it takes to reload one m79.

Offline DrUnKeN MaStEr

• Major(1)
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2006, 12:30:32 am »
Not to be random But I made the amount of views on the server say 1337. Cause im pro like that and no that is not true If both m79s are loaded it just takes the amount of time 2 switch (which is fairly short)

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2006, 07:44:02 am »
About the anti-vote kick hack...

There was one for 1.3, in Rev's hack. It just exploited the fact that you couldn't vote to kick someone if there was already another vote already.

Once you know that it's relatively simple to create a hack that automatically votes anyone at random once every two minutes, which is how long it takes for a failed-vote to disappear.

I think this has been fixed in 1.3.1, I have not seen this hack anymore.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2006, 08:50:41 pm »
sry haven't posted in a while here...  i thought maybe to give people an insight look at a hacker and how relatively obvious it is to detect one.

NOTE:  attachment below.

I've been playing with that guy (atlas) for 3 rounds and nobody seemed to have noticed even after i've been exclaiming it for the longest time.

For the playback:
unzip and extract into your soldat\demos\ folder.
strongly suggest to download Diamond Player, a soldat player with various options
suggested playback options:
 - speed preferably 50% - 66%
 - FREECAM!
 - everything else unchecked!

atlas.sdm:
-) Right at the beginning keep clicking till you get to ATLAS SPAS 12 and watch him never run out of ammo or reload.  it happens once early in the video and once again right as I'm about to cap
-) Also take note of the scoreboard and see how I'm first :P  -  but most importantly note how the hacker has k/d below 1 - hackers usually have low score.
-) He'll be on the blue team in the teal pants with deagles
-) He fires 18 shots in a row - then after a pause (with no reload) makes it up to 29 shots.

hack.sdm:
follow sk firefreak on red and watch him shoot with his deagles right at the beginning.  count as you go along.

NOTE:  DEAGLES ONLY HAVE 7 bullets before you have to reload!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 08:58:44 pm by zyxstand »
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 02:45:30 am »
I can't really be bothered to download a 2MB file to see this hacker, but I see your point.

But remember, just because a person fires 20 shots in a row from the SPAS does NOT mean he is hacking. He could just be using the SPAS exploit, which still hasn't been fixed last i checked.

Not that I'm really complaining of course. ;)

Offline elev135

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 03:38:12 pm »
Spawn glitch happenes to me alot when i go fast hit a sloped ceiling and hit the ground and die, then i suddenly spawn again :/ its not really good because i just get hurt and i think im dead so ill just stand there for a second or 2 and then im like woah im alive

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: Hacker ID - facts, myths, and funfacts (10/7/1)
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 11:20:59 pm »
But remember, just because a person fires 20 shots in a row from the SPAS does NOT mean he is hacking. He could just be using the SPAS exploit, which still hasn't been fixed last i checked.
No, no...His NAME is "ATLAS SPAS 12".  zyxstand said he fired 20 shots in a row with the desert eagles.

It's ok, I almost posted a similar response. =)
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline morrit2

• Major(1)
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2006, 12:34:54 am »
The biggest reason of "hackers" is lag, it makes them warp around and stuff, so before you yell "You hacking son of a *****", check their ping.

Total truth. Just total truth.

Dont hack kick-ping kick :)

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2006, 02:45:14 am »
No, no...His NAME is "ATLAS SPAS 12".  zyxstand said he fired 20 shots in a row with the desert eagles.

It's ok, I almost posted a similar response. =)

No I'm posting it as a separate thing...I know what you mean. ;)

Actually, zyxstand, you should probably add that to your list. People who fire SPAS endlessly may just be using the exploit and are not necessarily hacking.