Author Topic: Announcing 1.3.2  (Read 132155 times)

Offline truup

• Soldier
Re: Announcing 1.3.2
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2007, 11:09:18 am »
Hey, butthole
Hey Assmouth.

, how about you just wait 'till it's done? You're not in the position to be giving comments on HIS work. It is HIS project, and he's working on it ALONE (with all due respect to the beta-testers). It's gonna be a big improvement, with even new features, as MM himself mentioned, so give him a break. I bet he's doing everything he can to release this, so back off.
Like I said. It's his own fault that everyone is waiting for it. If he wants to do it without community breathing on his neck (in private), he wouldn't announce it 6 months early. MM has added lots of new stuff, and he has also removed lots of the added stuff.

He made the community wait. Now we are all waiting. You just can't deny it with all the crap that it's his project.

I am waiting, and did I say that I want it to be done faster? I just told you a fact.

Anyway, if you ask me, he takes his time to code it, only because he wants ppl to register while it's 10$. <- And that's just my opinion, don't be mad at me if you don't agree with me, but that's just how I see it.

Offline InoX

• Major(1)
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2007, 11:19:38 am »
Hey, butthole
Hey Assmouth.

, how about you just wait 'till it's done? You're not in the position to be giving comments on HIS work. It is HIS project, and he's working on it ALONE (with all due respect to the beta-testers). It's gonna be a big improvement, with even new features, as MM himself mentioned, so give him a break. I bet he's doing everything he can to release this, so back off.
Like I said. It's his own fault that everyone is waiting for it. If he wants to do it without community breathing on his neck (in private), he wouldn't announce it 6 months early. MM has added lots of new stuff, and he has also removed lots of the added stuff.

He made the community wait. Now we are all waiting. You just can't deny it with all the crap that it's his project.

I am waiting, and did I say that I want it to be done faster? I just told you a fact.

Anyway, if you ask me, he takes his time to code it, only because he wants ppl to register while it's 10$. <- And that's just my opinion, don't be mad at me if you don't agree with me, but that's just how I see it.

+1

100% agree with truup...
he just had to dont say that soldat is coming soon ...

Offline KOSTEK_PL

• Major
  • Boom! Headshot!
« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2007, 01:40:05 pm »
omg... but we will waiting x]...
i can't wait....
i'm not in subject (to much reading): what is changed in this new version of soldat?

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2007, 03:07:32 pm »
But seriousely, truup's thought is right, he just didn't say it in a good way. I mean, I understand that there's a lot of beta testing to do and stuff, but then announcing it and nothing's happening is pretty wicked.

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2007, 03:26:30 pm »
sheeeeez, you guys are demanding, give the guy a break, with all of you complaining at this rate he;ll probably never get it done, what he needs is positive re-inforcement

he's doing a million other things atm, crimson glory just one of them. give the poor guy a break. its just a game.....
3 out of the 4 people there weren't being serious.
 ;)
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2007, 04:23:54 pm »
Yes I under stand for your english because im canadian (French) and my english is not good
R the coolest game ever

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2007, 04:45:03 pm »
Clearly, MM is taking too long with this project, and is thus failing his job as creator, ruler and sex-god of all things Soldat. I feel that a vote of no confidence is in order, and that we must find someone who can be prompt and swift with this job in place of MM. Because, clearly, MM cannot handle it.

Clearly.

I like this guy. Look at that sarcasm. Look at that oh so apparent sarcasm. Golly, I wonder how he can be so sarcastic without people ever catching on to his sarcasm. Gee oh gee.

... seriously, guys. I thought I wouldn't have to put the [srcsm][/srcsm] tags in there to make it any more apparent I wasn't serious, but those of you who took it that way just blew my mind, man.

Soldat Name: Kazuo Kiriyama

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2007, 05:25:08 pm »
Norris clearly has too much time on his hands.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #608 on: March 06, 2007, 08:39:12 pm »
This thread has more shit in it than a fat mans toilet after a night out at a Mexican restaurant.

Stop being a bunch of assholes assuming he has all this free time.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #609 on: March 06, 2007, 09:27:20 pm »
This thread has more **** in it than a fat mans toilet after a night out at a Mexican restaurant.

Stop being a bunch of assholes assuming he has all this free time.
I was about to say the same.

Honestly, so what if he has taken 6 months?
So what if he isnt http://www.kevan.org?

It builds anticipation...

Offline crazymonkey

• Major(1)
« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2007, 11:07:55 pm »
I just really wish he put out a bug/anti-hack version to alleviate the wait, he can come out with 'new features' later, I really don't care for them anyways. 6 months is too long, I can't even tell who the hell is real and who's hiding behind hacks and spray these days.

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
« Reply #611 on: March 07, 2007, 12:01:08 am »
Haha, you guys are more impatient than someone waiting for a heart transplant doner
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #612 on: March 07, 2007, 12:16:04 am »
Haha, you guys are more impatient than someone waiting for a heart transplant doner
The difference is that the heart patient will die in 6 months...

Offline The_Ninja

• Soldier
  • erm...
« Reply #613 on: March 07, 2007, 01:38:03 am »
WHY ARE WE HAVING INTERNET ARGUMENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

I ask kindly if one of the mods can lock this thread before any more damage can be done....

thank you....
Ninja

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #614 on: March 07, 2007, 04:40:45 am »
Its cool that he still bothers to update the site.

Offline Tv8

• Major(1)
« Reply #615 on: March 07, 2007, 07:27:02 am »
Hm, looks like Soldat is the second Duke Nukem Forever... ^^

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #616 on: March 07, 2007, 07:34:26 am »
The thing is that we are not impatient, it is just clearly dissappointing to hear "OH It'S gonna come out soon for sure!"
And after 6 months nothing's happening and the creator himself doesn't even make a statement. This is what my point was.

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #617 on: March 07, 2007, 09:17:53 am »
The thing is that we are not impatient, it is just clearly dissappointing to hear "OH It'S gonna come out soon for sure!"
And after 6 months nothing's happening and the creator himself doesn't even make a statement. This is what my point was.
Was my point too. He hasn't got balls to take the responsibility needed. He announced it, and now he's just wanking around. If he didn't announce it, or atleast have said, that it aint coming out soon, then it would be ok.

But the point is he didn't!

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #618 on: March 07, 2007, 11:32:07 am »
Right...time to take you fellas out of the dark here.

There was problems with compiling back in December which set us back a bit, and since then there has been more and more things that needed testing and fixing as he kept on improving. Lots...of new things.

Michal has been extremely ****ing busy with this. The amount of mad crap he's tweaked up and changed is unfreaking believable and shadows over all past versions. A new beta just came out for all the testers to test, and it's riddled with bugs 'cos of all the crazy stuff he's improved and added 'again', so it's going to take a bit of time to iron out.

How long? I can't say. If nothing else gets added or majorly changed from here on, I 'could' guess to somewhere around the end of the month/beginning of April. But that is definitely no guarantee, and not even Michal himself could estimate a reliable release time when judging his own war-crazed 16-hour-a-day-coding madcap mind.

Fact is...he's working on it. Quite a bit actually. And because of that, theres more problems created, needing to be found and then fixed... all to make a nice tight package upon release. And Michal has a very, very nice package.

...anyhow, i'm gonna lock this thread. S'getting a bit big and open-ended and stuff. Soldat 1.3.2 is NOT out yet, and when it is we'll be sure to let you know asap.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 11:33:58 am by Chakra »
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.