Author Topic: Weapon mod D/L  (Read 1143 times)

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
Weapon mod D/L
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:56:28 pm »
Occasionally, I join a WM server. Usually, it is bad, and i quit within minutes. But sometime, it's a great mod, the weapons are equal yet powerful. The gameplay is frantic, and also even for everyone. It's not just an "i saw you first, so you die" situation. So my idea is this:

Should there be an option/command to download the weapon mod file from the server? For example, you could type /getweapon or /getmod ect. It couldn't be much different from downloading a map, but I'm no programmer. Lag wouldn't really be a problem either, for such a small file.

One problem this poses is downloading EVERY weapon mod. If MM (*makes the sign of the cross*) decides to put this in, and make soldat download every weapon mod, there would be no trying it out first. But we could get around that, eh?

Thoughts?

Offline Cato269

• Camper
Re: Weapon mod D/L
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 09:38:20 pm »
if you really liked the mod, you could just scan over each weapon and put the values in yourself

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 08:48:55 am »
if you really liked the mod, you could just scan over each weapon and put the values in yourself

i really don't understand what Cato mean...
if it's a textfile-mod it would happen to every player in the server.
if it's a graphic-mod (which i think As Allways mean) it hasn't got any values...

EDIT: sorry, forgot to say what i think :P
i like the idea! but shouldn't it be better if it's like the text-files? read of from the server how the wepons looks like and extract them live to the players.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:32:50 pm by Ivarska »

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 01:13:48 pm »
Mods online? Yay.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 06:51:27 pm »

i really don't understand what Cato mean...
if it's a textfile-mod it would happen to every player in the server.
if it's a graphic-mod (which i think As Allways mean) it hasn't got any values...

If its a graphic mod you'ld have it anyway, and if you hover over the weapons in the menu the weapon values show up. WRITE THEM DOWN.