Author Topic: 1.3.2 suggestions  (Read 3066 times)

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
1.3.2 suggestions
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:29:46 pm »
Since it turns out that 1.3.2 will exist, then I might as well post some ideas I've been having in terms of making soldat better

1. Health kits and grenades in Survival mode. Currently, there are none. Or at least allow health kits via a checkbox in the game menu.

2. Vertical Wall jumps. When you make contact with a wall that is almost completely vertical (up and down), you should be able to press a button like space to kick off the wall, that way if you get nade boosted into a wall, you aren't an open target

3. Make m79s have really short reload times, like a ruger, but victims take two grenades to die, and have a huge explosion radius.

4. Miniguns gotta do SOME more damage please. 20 bullets to kill someone is just too much. The minigun as it is now is pretty much useless.

5. New Weapon (not fully reccomended, but would be nice)
Double Barrel Shotgun:
Painfully long reload time, reloads every shot, shoots 16 shotgun pellets at a very innacurate rate. Hell at close range, nothing at distance.

6. Remove the Stat guns. they're too frustrating in CTF. Lose 'em.

7. Allow all 4 teams in Hold the Flag. That would be fun! And it will boost its popularity.

8. I believe this may have been said before, but make rambomatch arrows pin people to the wall, like the crossbow on HL2 =D

9. Make bot chat appear at the top of the screen like normal chat from playing online, so I can see what all my new bots are saying, without me having to find them.

10. Currently the "bodyfall.wav" is only used once per body. When a person dies, and he hits the ground, you hear a *thump* sound. however, if he hits the ground, rolls off a cliff and hits the ground again, no *thump* sound.

11. Allowing more than one random sounds. Like death4.wav, deaths5.wav. Include for all soundfx.

Thats all i got for now. What do you think.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Chameleon

• Major
Re: 1.3.2 suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 08:46:31 pm »
1. Health kits and grenades in Survival mode. Currently, there are none. Or at least allow health kits via a checkbox in the game menu.
bad idea, the ability to heal kind of takes away the point of survival, people would camp the med-kits. the way it is now, it encourages surviving and being more conservative

2. Vertical Wall jumps. When you make contact with a wall that is almost completely vertical (up and down), you should be able to press a button like space to kick off the wall, that way if you get nade boosted into a wall, you aren't an open target
not a horrible idea, i dont have any major complaints

3. Make m79s have really short reload times, like a ruger, but victims take two grenades to die, and have a huge explosion radius.
ummm...no, think of the realism here, if someone gets shot by a grenade launcher, would they survive? probably not

4. Miniguns gotta do SOME more damage please. 20 bullets to kill someone is just too much. The minigun as it is now is pretty much useless.
in realistic mode, the minigun takes about 6 shots to kill, so if the damage for the minigun gets changed, it would probably become over powered in realistic mode (if the damage ratio stays the same)

Double Barrel Shotgun:
Painfully long reload time, reloads every shot, shoots 16 shotgun pellets at a very innacurate rate. Hell at close range, nothing at distance.
NO NEW GUNS!

there is a "disable stat gun" option

7. Allow all 4 teams in Hold the Flag. That would be fun! And it will boost its popularity.
im for this idea

8. I believe this may have been said before, but make rambomatch arrows pin people to the wall, like the crossbow on HL2 =D
no comment

9. Make bot chat appear at the top of the screen like normal chat from playing online, so I can see what all my new bots are saying, without me having to find them.
isnt there an option for this?

10. Currently the "bodyfall.wav" is only used once per body. When a person dies, and he hits the ground, you hear a *thump* sound. however, if he hits the ground, rolls off a cliff and hits the ground again, no *thump* sound.
no problem with this one, although it isnt necessairy

11. Allowing more than one random sounds. Like death4.wav, deaths5.wav. Include for all soundfx.
no problem with this one, although it isnt necessairy

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 08:49:54 pm »
1. Agreed
2. I'd like it, but I doubt we'll get it
3. I disagree with this, M79 is ok as it is, though a startup time for it would be nice.
4. It's ok as it is.
5. Sounds nice, but I doubt we'll get it.
6. Change the map, or turn the stats off.
7. I agree, and a four team CTF would be crazy whack also!
8. YES!
9. I think there might be an option for that, check soldat.ini
10. If Michal coded it so it would play that when it hits the ground, then it would require more code to calculate how hard it hits the ground, and if it should play the noise. You know what a grenade sounds like when it's polybugged? Imagine that with the bodythump.
11. Agreed.

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 02:30:26 pm »
Didnt think of the possibility of med campers, but at realistic mode theres rarely enough of a chance to run back and get health. And if theres 2 med campers, ones going to have to get up and be a man. Or at least allow health kits via a checkbox in the game menu

This vert wall jump would be really handy, I hope this one is taken into consideration

M79 Realism?? A frag grenade to the face would be a one hit kill, A pair of desert eagles would be a one hit kill, a spas-12 would be a one hit kill, a ruger would be a one hit kill. soldat isn't exactly aimed to realism as it is for fun. Not to mention the fact that it would be a one hit kill in realistic mode anyway. The M79 was originally built to take out a wide array of people in a single blast, not a huge impact on one person. The barret already takes that role.

Miniguns are NOT fine as they are. They suck. Miniguns have to be evened in par with the other weapons. Currently theyre too bad to get more than 1 kill with before you die, (unless playing against noobs). However they may be a pain in realistic mode, but so are mp5s and steyrs

I'm just throwing in ideas, i think the double barrel shotgun would fit in because its pretty equal compared to the rest of the guns. Again, not FULLY reccomended, but it would make me happy =D

Bot chat is not listed at the top. It only appears over their heads. I kinda want it to be listed like a conversation. Online Chat is listed at the top for all players to see, I dont know why bots are any different.

Currently, the strength of the bodyfall sound is already implemented its just only used once instead of when the body falls multible times. And the body thump sound is pretty quiet, I cant hear it in fierce CTF combat, but I can in 1v1 deathmatches. So it most likely wont be too annoying if it gets a poly bug
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:35:23 pm by papercut »

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 03:24:06 pm »

No

ok

No

No

Double Barrel Shotgun:

indifferent

No

No. Or at least be an option server.

ok

No

ok

ok

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 03:43:08 pm »
I dont want to get off-topic or anything but I have a quick suggestion. How about in R/S or Just survival, When you pick up an enemy's primary gun and survive the round with it, You can keep it as your secondary along with your primary next round. To do this, all you have to do is click on your primary from the weapons box, having kept the gun you picked up. Or if you didnt want the gun you picked up, you can just select a normal secondary.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 07:06:52 pm »

Since it turns out that 1.3.2 will exist, then I might as well post some ideas I've been having in terms of making soldat better

Then whats our new survival mode?

No. if you are stupid enough to get hit into a wall, you deserve to die.

Not the solution.

For it.

Double Barrel Shotgun:

No new weapons. the balance forum is hell already.

*check option*

For it, but i still don't imagine anyone still playing the gamemode.

No, More lag becuase then corpses would have to be server side, not client side.

Just make a passworded online game. works the same way.

For it, but not really required.

For it, but not really required.

Thats all i got for now. What do you think.

Half of them are pointless and are not thought through.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 07:21:21 pm »
I'd like a health kit checkbox
No real good reason, but I don't like this. I don't want a "Matrix-y" Soldat
Hell naw
I think it could use a little powerboost, sure
Double Barrel Shotgun:
nope
no
If it's a server option
Hell yes.
My Soldat used to do this, but then it stopped after it reinstalled. What's up with that?
More sound is good
More sound is still good

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 12:24:40 am »
Ok, my Ideas:

LIMITED AMMO:
This was said in just about 100 posts, and I still think its a good idea. But, I want to improve on this idea.
Serverside option:
You can choose how many clips (or mags....depends what country your from, and what gun you use) you get for each gun.
You could make it part of the Soldat.ini...or make a seperate .ini for it...whatever, I don't care...as long as its easy to use.
This would add to the Realistic side of the game.
i.e:
(this is jsut my idea...how many clips/mags someone else adds would be their idea...whatever there taste is)

Code: [Select]
AMMO_MOD:
SOCOM:5
DEAGLES:6
MP5:4
AK-74:3
STEYRAUG:3
SPAS-12: 12 (this one would be tricky...)
RUGER:3
M79: 8
BARRET:2
MINIMI:3
MINIGUN:1
LAW:4

I didn't add the knife or chainsaw...cause....well...why limit the knife? you only get one of them anyway....and I ain't gonna
carry on about the chainsaw.

SMARTER BOTS:
I don't know how hard it is to code these little guys, but can you make them any stupider?...never play R/S FF with a bot...you'll get killed by a bot 9/10 anyway. Basicly...if I have my bot on hard setting, I expect him to be bloody good! Also....A bot that informs his team of oncoming enemys is a good start (although a little farfetched..).
Its amazing that I've made countless bots, edited their secondary weapons, and not ONE STINKING BOT will use them!..."hey look, that bots got a law on his back! *Bot proceeds to PWN human player with Auto*...I mean...why can't they use those secondarys OUTSIDE ADVANCED MODE? Assign a bot with a Barret and socom, and when he runs out of ammo (or is waiting for it to reload) he switches his gun to socom, and fights off any oncoming enemys...
I would also like to have my bots have more than one friend. you could seperate the friends this way:
Code: [Select]
[BOT]
Name=Admiral
Color1=$00E253EE
Color2=$00394F48
Skin_Color=$00796938
Hair_Color=$005336F5
Favourite_Weapon=FN Minimi
Secondary_Weapon=0
Friend= Boogie Man, Steve, Zombie
Accuracy=70
Shoot_Dead=0
Grenade_Frequency=160
Camping=0
OnStartUse=255
Hair=2
Headgear=1
Chain=2
Chat_Frequency=7
Chat_Kill=Ha ha
Chat_Dead=Kiss my ass
Chat_Lowhealth=

seperating with the , is so simple! :)

And....if ANYONE requests flashbangs, I will stab them over and over with a fork untill they die. Want flashbangs?....play CS! They're annoying as hell there...we don't need them in this game...right?
Just another soul to burn.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 01:25:28 am »
I can do a wall kick already. It doesn't help in real mode, though.

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 02:43:21 pm »
This is the Wall kick thing I'm talkin about, here's a shabby GIF image i whipped up in 10 minutes.

You guys are pretty stubborn about some of my ideas =P. I've played soldat for years. There are so many against the 2 shot m79 thing with shorter reload, but I cant see why. 2 one-hit-kill weapons already seem more than enough. To be honest I reccomend that we have no one hit kill weapons at all.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 06:03:13 pm »
That's a pretty cool wallkick, actually. I thought you meant for it to GAIN height :P

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 04:17:00 am »
Papercut, nerfing a one hit overused weapon is NOT the solution.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 06:34:00 am »
I like the minigun doing more damage part.....god dammit, the minigun is almost useless if it wasn't for my 1337 minigunning skills.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 03:07:45 pm »
It would be nice, if that binked shots didn't just fly in 3 random directions,
if the tollerance was between e.g. -30 und 30 degrees, so your burst would (randomly) be like:

5 , 11 , -2 , 8 , -15 , 23 , 14 , 30 , -7
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 06:43:33 am by Avis »
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 03:40:12 pm »
My one and only request:

MAKE THE M79 RECOIL BIGGER.
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 08:08:03 pm »
"Just make a passworded online game. works the same way."
Please explain. Does this actually work? Ive been dying for it for a while now

"Papercut, nerfing a one hit overused weapon is NOT the solution."
If not then what is?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 03:40:06 pm by papercut »

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 10:03:14 pm »
Wow im a genius....How about a client side option to make those blue and red lines in soldat, so when you put on those 3D glasses (blue and red lens) it looks 3D? Or not.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:05:53 pm »
My one and only request:

MAKE THE M79 RECOIL BIGGER.

May I ask why? Are you sure you don't mean bink?

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 03:31:54 am »
Wow im a genius....How about a client side option to make those blue and red lines in soldat, so when you put on those 3D glasses (blue and red lens) it looks 3D? Or not.
holy crap xD hahahahaha thanks for the laugh ;D