Author Topic: ctf_cod_brecourt  (Read 998 times)

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
ctf_cod_brecourt
« on: October 16, 2006, 06:58:10 am »
This is my first of (hopefully) many CoD maps and my third overall.
I'll probably multitexture it and improve the shading if I can be bothered, but my main concern is to get it released and circulating.
Recomended game modes are trenchwar, real ctf and R/S ctf.
The next CoD map I'll be doing is Carentan.
Hope you like it, you can suggest improvements as well, advice is always welcome :)
This map is not waypointed, your welcome to do it if you'd like, shouldn't be to hard.

Download: http://www.snapdrive.net/files/83574/brecourt.zip

Let me know if the link doesn't work.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:02:13 am by ultraman »

Offline Mr. America

• Soldier
  • Watch out for the blablabla!
    • My arcor homepage. There are just my maps.
Re: ctf_cod_brecourt
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:28:23 am »
I like it... on the first view.

The Smoke scenery looks a bit bad. (Look how avarax and the others did it and copy it )
Then try to make more sniperplaces (for tw)
just one tank?
and at last... vegetation. that is not a ricefield. (Or is it?) there is a tree and there and there and finish. There should be more FORESTS. (ok this is not a forest map but it really looks a bit weird)

Hope you understand my english ^^

and... yeah  why is there no forest-trenchwar-map (And why the hell is there just one tw server?!?)

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 03:17:16 pm »
Looks alright, I remember brecourt being darker though. Make sure players can't un off the map. The problem with the map is there is only one route, which honestly sucks. Make at least another passage through the bunker.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 03:49:46 pm »
Pretty good for a first try (I mean it), although the name's too long (12 characters max, indluding ctf_).
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:28:10 am »
Thanks for the feedback, actually you can't run off the edge of the map becuase you don't have enough jets, and there are mines (bloody deadly polys) to the left of the german flag and the right of the american flag. Perhaps I should add another tunnel connect the bunkers up? What do you think?
and... yeah  why is there no forest-trenchwar-map (And why the hell is there just one tw server?!?)
I agree with that, plus they need to put Avarax's tw maps in their rotation , they're far better than the current ones (especially tw_haunted, good map, but hardly trenchwar)
Lastly, what would be better
Leaving this map (for now) and moving on to Carentan, then making improvements later.
OR, improving this map before moving on.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 11:52:16 am »
Add a barn to it. I'm pretty sure there were some farm houses in the real map.
I'm in need of some WWII infiltration maps. So if you are going to make any please let me know (I'm basing my mod on the special forces).
Back on topic. Yeah the name needs to be changed, get rid of COD basically. Would be nice if you could make the colours darker, however that is quite a lot of work.
Good luck on Carentan.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people