Author Topic: Command Prompt Error?  (Read 604 times)

Offline Sinfil

• Major(1)
    • Laughing Man Underground
Command Prompt Error?
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:02:25 pm »
I played Soldat for seven hours straight at my friends house on dialup, saved the files to a flashdrive, came back to our house...and it wouldn't work online.

I've read through the help topics, and honestly, I really don't think there's an answer for my problem.

It runs fine, will run maps fine, but it will not connect to the server.

Probable reasons: My dad's firewall and/or time-restriction program that blocks the command prompt.

It seems that Soldat uses the command prompt to get servers and such, and I have no way around it- I cannot use the command prompt. Noone can. It's been disabled.

So here's my question:

Is there any way that I can play Soldat online without the use of the command prompt?

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
Re: Command Prompt Error?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:07:24 pm »
It doesn't use the command prompt, it uses it's own UDP system, BlackUDP I believe. It's got nothing to do with cmd.exe. Have you asked your dad to unblock soldat.exe maybe?

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »
I have no idea why you're even mentioning the command prompt.  The "command prompt" has nothing to do with how you join servers

Offline Sinfil

• Major(1)
    • Laughing Man Underground
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 04:20:41 pm »
The only reason I'm mentioning the cmd prompt is because in the Soldat directory, there is a dedicatedserver.bat file (DOS), which runs through the cmd prompt.

Looking on it now, it probably is the firewall. I'll ask him...

Thanks

Edit: Oh, also, when I run a dedicated server, it can never register, although it keeps trying. So I guess it is our firewall...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 04:23:05 pm by Sinfil »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 05:30:09 pm »
The only reason I'm mentioning the cmd prompt is because in the Soldat directory, there is a dedicatedserver.bat file (DOS), which runs through the cmd prompt.

That file isn't ran when you try to connect to a server.
There are other worlds than these