Increase speed only--
Decrease damage and increase reload time by 5%--
Its Fine --
Make it so you cant shoot while reloading--
Make the bullets less effective the further they are shot
Decrease damage, speed, ammo
Can the gun, its a piece of Sh*t--
Cant decide (50/50)--

Author Topic: Spas Un-Balanced  (Read 15146 times)

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
Spas Un-Balanced
« on: June 15, 2006, 01:22:00 am »
The spas is a tad un-balanced. i beleive it should deal more damage than what is does and there are some solutions but others think less damage and higher reload

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:44:27 am by Gold »

Offline Jermies

• Major(1)
  • Domo Kun.
Re: Spas Un-Balanced
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:39:36 am »
Spas is incredibly overpowered. Ruger damage and a Deagle clip. It is the most über weapon on small maps. And with the gradual reload... if you kill someone with 2 pellets, and will take alot less time to reload than with the other weapons.
And it is radically overpowered with bezerker.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 01:41:40 am »
hey can you help me with using BBC code? so i can add a picture to my signature

Offline Jermies

• Major(1)
  • Domo Kun.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 01:44:08 am »
Use {img}www.location of picture.com{/img}
But replace the '{ }' with '[ ]'

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 01:45:06 am »
thanks

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 02:05:55 am »
Spas is incredibly overpowered.
Incredibly overpowered is a bit of an overstatement. Sure, it is powerful, but not in every situation. If the enemy flagger is going towards their base, the Spas can be your own worst enemy with the push it will give them. It also does not have very good range in comparison to some weapons. Although it is overpowered, slightly or not, it still has some disadvantages.

I went for a damage increase and increased reload, but I don't think the increased damage will help, so I say leave the damage alone.

"The old ones are the best"

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 02:17:08 am »
Hmm. I nearly agree with you. i think the spas needs a reload time increase and a damage increase by atleast 2 - 5% and maybe instead of 7 shells make it 5 or 6

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 03:38:32 am »
I can't vote because there is no "Spas is fine" option. It does have a lot of things going for it, but that can be said of several weapons. If you really want to weaken the Spas though, I'd think nerfing the quick reload feature would do it, since I see that as its greatest asset. The wide spread makes bink not much of an issue, too, so perhaps something could be done with that as well.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 01:52:03 pm »
put a spas is fine option.
it's fine, just get above them, the bullets are so slow that they can't even reach you before revisiting earth if you're high enough.

and it's almost impossible to hit you even if you're close to them as long as you're at the high ground.

in my opinion it should be 1 shot kill :) more realistic, i think every weapon needs a power boost, this will make sure nads aren't too powerful and neither are socoms. you guys kept complain and made all primaries weak so much that secondaries begin to get nerfed....

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 02:37:28 pm »
SPAS has slow but powerful bullets, I see...

I think it's okay for the moment.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 02:49:13 pm »
The spas a rape-gun in Skoskav's mod, even though it was keen in 1.3.1.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 03:45:32 pm »
It is just slightly unbalanced, and I think it should have a longer reload time. Keep in mind that this is my opinion, and if anyone starts to argue with me over a gun in a game, you have issues. :P

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 05:14:15 pm »
a better way to balance it better is to not make it lose speed/damage too fast.  It's too ineffective at medium/longer distances.  you should've put that as an option!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 05:19:36 pm »
Im more conserned about with the boost it gives, it gives huge advantage in CTF to boost to enemy base, and escpecially when escaping, when pellets slow enemies down.

Anyway, it is nice weapon, with high damage, but the boost is a bit too high IMO.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 05:20:59 pm »
i think that is actually not to bad as it is now.....most people with it usually dont have problems getting kills, i personally dont have a problem with it right now.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 10:51:37 pm »
its fine how it is now i would agree. i dont use it much, i like having more range, but when i do, i think its alright. i voted for more speed, maybe it should only bee very fast at the beginning then the bullets just dive near the end. a 1 hit kill super-close range weapon. thats how it should be. some may say its cheap, but then compare it to the chainsaw...

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 12:05:40 am »
its fine how it is now i would agree. i dont use it much, i like having more range, but when i do, i think its alright. i voted for more speed, maybe it should only bee very fast at the beginning then the bullets just dive near the end. a 1 hit kill super-close range weapon. thats how it should be. some may say its cheap, but then compare it to the chainsaw...
The chainsaw? Do you know how easy it is to avoid it? Granted, areas like the flag spots in Kampf or Run it can be deadly, but otherwise, it's not a very good weapon.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 12:27:08 am »
it does get really annoying when you're trying to kill someone from distance with a spas - it's hard to aim and very weak...  It should deal some more considerable damage at bigger distances than it does now!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 02:01:02 am »
i think the damage is good, what it needs is more distance so there isnt such a big arch, if anyhting was to be changed
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 02:04:33 am »
The chainsaw? Do you know how easy it is to avoid it? Granted, areas like the flag spots in Kampf or Run it can be deadly, but otherwise, it's not a very good weapon.
I mean someone just running straight thru a crowd of people, just shooting/holding the shoot button down... like in an enclosed tunnel in the bottom of equinox... not best example, but you get the general idea.