Increase speed only--
Decrease damage and increase reload time by 5%--
Its Fine --
Make it so you cant shoot while reloading--
Make the bullets less effective the further they are shot
Decrease damage, speed, ammo
Can the gun, its a piece of Sh*t--
Cant decide (50/50)--

Author Topic: Spas Un-Balanced  (Read 15147 times)

Offline DarK

• Major(1)
  • .. Locked In, Locked On ..
Re: Spas Un-Balanced
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 05:00:02 pm »
quote myself: "..Maybe.."

I personally have a philosophy about this sort of thing.. If someone's lying, express yourself at present if appropriate, if not then retain yourself and explore why it happened.
If it's an exaggeration then let it fly past a few times until it annoys!

Calling someone a liar is very insulting...
▫▪ The Main Thing Is To Keep The Main Thing The Main Thing ▪▫

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 05:31:31 pm »
are you whiners running outta things to whine about yet? I remember one person sayin in another thread like this "next you'll be whining that the Fists are overpowered..." And I tell you what, soldat has almost become unplayable with all this weapon balance...
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 06:17:42 pm »
reload is a bit fast.

Offline DarK

• Major(1)
  • .. Locked In, Locked On ..
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »
it's not whining... it's exploring the views of soldat users and collating them to learn what the overall of people want (the poll does just that),
... even if it is to no avail/never will be implemented.

It's interesting to learn what everyones thoughts are is all i'm saying.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:22:56 pm by DarK »
▫▪ The Main Thing Is To Keep The Main Thing The Main Thing ▪▫

Offline ThomasMortfog

• Soldier
  • hi
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 07:03:38 pm »
Spas is fine... one more shot would make it more realistic.

AK needs 10 less bullets to make it more realistic, too... that's all though. <-- Off topic, lol.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 06:12:53 pm »
hey yea you're right...math is ****.

8 seconds, well, the lowest respawn time is 1 second, so there goes a second.

you need to be in a room full of really really really new players. and i mean that by like first day players. and you need a lot of them in the same room, because otherwise you have to spend sometimes roaming around.

you also will be the only one doing the killing, because if other people kills you'd have to wait for the respawn, and also you'll waste your time weakening the other people.

still he's lying. just look at zombie matches. with flags captures, still no one ever reached anywhere close to 300 points before, ever.
Ok, maybe i overlooked it, i admit. Or maybe not, when server has 17 other players just fooling around, it is not that hard to have kill/8 seconds really, remember that there is 4 nades, about 5 people down there of Arena, so 4 nades probably make 4 kills in 1 second, and spas makes 3.5kills with 1 clip also. Respawn was 2 seconds, if im not mistaken. What im saying is that the time spas takes to kill is not that fair, only at high distances. Well, anyway, whatever the WM will be, i wont like it, so bah. (as i havent liked ANY WM since 1.1.5.)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ThomasMortfog

• Soldier
  • hi
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 06:29:50 pm »
auto fire > Spas
I mean, i did ~450 kills on one server in less than 1 hour with Spas.
1 hour is 360 seconds.

LMFAO, 360 SECONDS IS 6 MINUTES!!!!!

Dude, A full hour is 19800 seconds. You just got pwned, big time dude, I don't think ANYONE on the entire earth but you and maybe 5 year olds are that stupid to ever make a mistake like that. 450 kills in an hour is good, yes, but it isn't impossible.

Like I said before, the spas is good, but now that I think about it, that extra bullet can **** off. The spas is fine how it is.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2006, 06:44:01 pm »
huh.... an hour is 3600 seconds... lol.

I used to kick some ass with the spas... recently I've really been sucking with it. I don't know if it's me or the spas. Now I hardly even use it anymore. Getting jiggy with the Aug.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:46:21 pm by -Vis- »

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2006, 07:25:06 pm »
it could be an approximation. maybe not 400, its more like 370 iono. i wasnt there =P. but lets not go too far off subject.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2006, 10:05:46 pm »
I added some more vote options, maybe it will get more voters

Offline Lethal Injection

• Major(1)
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2006, 11:43:32 am »
It's WAY too unbalanced.. It should have longer reload time, more bink and less damage the further away it is. Firing while reloading should not be an option. A lot of players walk around with that thing thinking they're 1337 when pwning with that thing, but it's just WRONG for them to think that. Plain wrong, like a fish on land.
"There is always a cloud above, and a cloud next to yours."

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2006, 02:36:10 am »
im considering takin up the Spas. Ive never really used it seriously to get good with it.  I want to try to play alittle with it, but i never seem to remember to try.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline reckon

• Soldier
  • raccoon!
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2006, 02:55:04 am »
As an avid spas user, I feel the weapon is struggling just a bit in bullet speed.
Im all for making the reload a little bit longer, only if we have the ability to still shoot while reloading.
Swing low, sweet chariot!

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2006, 02:59:47 am »
Spas is not unbalanced. just compare it to steyr, for one. the spas is a two hit kill at close range, takes about a second to get both shots off (at close range). The steyr is like iono like 8 hit kill at close range, and takes just about the same time to get that ammount of bullets out for a kill. i think the spas is very well balanced, considering it cant shoot up for crap, and its spray doing long distance shots is bad. its balanced, stop whining. it takes skill to kill with it too. its not a pick-up-and-own gun like the M79.

Offline Lethal Injection

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2006, 08:10:21 am »
Has anyone ever tried firing a shotgun? It's not as easy as it seems. You can't reload while firing! You'd get such a high bink that you would be incapable of getting it back within 10 seconds!
"There is always a cloud above, and a cloud next to yours."

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2006, 03:28:18 am »
Well yeah, thats a point shotguns arent easy at all, but the spas is an automatic shotgun (obviously)

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2006, 03:44:17 am »
hmm... turns out it was just me... I'm back to my old spas/knife combo.
The spas is fine... leave it alone. 8)

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2006, 04:26:56 am »
Btw in the poll a question is 'Make the bullets less efective the further they are shot'

uhh...they allready are. the spas does it's real damage when all 7 shots hit, but it's a shotgun. they have a tendency to spread...

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2006, 05:09:10 am »
today I played with spas for 5 minutes and was able to rack up more kills than by using my mp5 (favored weapon)
cool

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2006, 05:29:29 am »
(The Bone Collector)
are you whiners running outta things to whine about yet? I remember one person sayin in another thread like this "next you'll be whining that the Fists are overpowered..." And I tell you what, soldat has almost become unplayable with all this weapon balance...

If you've tested the new weapon balance, you'd see how balanced the weapons are. EXCEPT soccom.