Increase speed only--
Decrease damage and increase reload time by 5%--
Its Fine --
Make it so you cant shoot while reloading--
Make the bullets less effective the further they are shot
Decrease damage, speed, ammo
Can the gun, its a piece of Sh*t--
Cant decide (50/50)--

Author Topic: Spas Un-Balanced  (Read 15153 times)

Offline Rooster

• Major(1)
    • The Australian soldat community.
Re: Spas Un-Balanced
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 01:07:18 pm »
Concentrated auto fire > Spas, if anything it needs some sort of buff to make it more potent or a rework to the autos to compensate for it and deagles.

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 01:35:22 pm »
I mean someone just running straight thru a crowd of people, just shooting/holding the shoot button down... like in an enclosed tunnel in the bottom of equinox... not best example, but you get the general idea.

Know what you can use to stop any sawer in their tracks?  The Spas.
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 02:37:46 pm »
I mean someone just running straight thru a crowd of people, just shooting/holding the shoot button down... like in an enclosed tunnel in the bottom of equinox... not best example, but you get the general idea.

Know what you can use to stop any sawer in their tracks?  The Spas.
That's because the spas has good stopping power. It is virtually unbeatable up-close, and that's it's main advantage. Especially in maps like Arena 2, Ratcave, etc.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 03:36:27 pm »
all these people do all day is whine.

you try to put a delay on m79 because they killed you at close range, and with a delay you'd kill them before they can fire. aka taking away the only advantage m79 have.

then you people make a topic about overpowered socom. even though it's a pistol with only 12 clip, not so high damage, you people whine because you got killed by it once or twice.

now you make a topic about how shotgun are unbalanced because a shotgun killed you at close range, even pushed you back, even though that's some of the traits that defines a shotgun.....jesus when will this end???

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 04:57:18 pm »
yeah. the game has very balanced weapons in my opinion. if they really are THAT strong or better, then why dont you use them?

5th_account

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »
It's about morale and what's fun. If there were no such things everyone'd be running around with steyrs and minimis in clan wars spraying eachothers bases.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 06:31:52 pm »
stop complaining. the spas is fine ugh

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 06:44:46 pm »
It's about morale and what's fun. If there were no such things everyone'd be running around with steyrs and minimis in clan wars spraying eachothers bases.
Well, thats one reason i just tried to stay f***ing away from this game - people with no morale and winning in cw as their top priority. Spas boosting is mabe one of the things which makes it a bit fuckup, nadeboost + spasboost gives huge speed, and with that speed you can get trough 2 enemies shootinhg at you, if they get to chase you, they take the risk that if they cant kill you, you probably cap, ig they kill you it is ok, then they face the other one with 2v1. But if they decide to go forward to beat the 2v1 and ambush your teams base, and get the flag, then it is probably that both teams have the flag.

Just the same as with the minigun but spas can kill.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

5th_account

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 07:16:59 pm »
Yuh, I wish the bullets push effect and spas boosting would be lowered, then TNL nade limit was changed back to 3. Man that would be so awsome.

Offline Anoi

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 12:12:45 am »
five percent is miniscule. i say increase damage, decrease speed. but more hefty of an increase. its a shotgun, not a tetnis shot.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 02:20:01 am »
I added a "Its Fine" voting option

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 06:49:42 am »
auto fire > Spas
in 1v1. Go to DM server with +6 players and you see that u do nothing with autos f server has Spas.
I mean, i did ~450 kills on one server in less than 1 hour with Spas. I don't believe i would have done that with any other weapon. I just noticed when i tried Ak that spas kills ALOT faster, since 2 shots are shot so much faster, and almost 100% of them hit someone. Server had +13 players on Arena tho.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline DarK

• Major(1)
  • .. Locked In, Locked On ..
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 07:43:35 am »

Hi all.

I wouldn't agree with decreasing the ammo as the S.P.A.S shotgun does have 7 rounds in reality.. and the closer a game is to reality, the better, right? (hence the jet boots :))
I have been killed many a time by the shotgun, although users of this gun are experienced players - it takes a little to get used to it.
I have witnessed S.P.A.S shotgun users take over a deathmatch server, and proove an invaluable entity in the defence of CTF mode.

I vote for its attributes to remain how they are at present.
▫▪ The Main Thing Is To Keep The Main Thing The Main Thing ▪▫

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 09:46:35 am »
Spas is fine.  Once you get the sense of how to aim it, it's just as effective on almost any map.
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 12:05:37 pm »
auto fire > Spas
I mean, i did ~450 kills on one server in less than 1 hour with Spas.

huh..i'm not a master math genius here..but let me do some quick caltulations...

1 hour is 360 seconds.

450 kills.

45/36=1.25 kill per second

so you get a kill every second???? jesus christ no dying neither?

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 12:29:06 pm »
i dont see you getting a kill about every second, unless you had a bunch of your friends sit around, and you got a bunch of multi kills and above.....and actually, he said UNDER 1 hour, so it wouldnt be that much time per kill
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 12:30:59 pm »
Increase the fire interval (time before you can shoot again) and the spas will be balanced perfectly imo.

Offline DarK

• Major(1)
  • .. Locked In, Locked On ..
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 12:56:36 pm »
Sorry to correct your wonderful (yet wrong) maths, but an hour is 3600s (60mins * 60secs).
Dividing the total time by the number of kills: 3600/450 = 1 kill per 8 seconds (on average).
I think that's possible!
Especially with a map like Arena2, a respawn time of a couple of seconds, and a few Bezerkaz lying around.

...Maybe..

btw if an hour were 360s, i'd be nearly 200 years old by now  ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 12:59:13 pm by DarK »
▫▪ The Main Thing Is To Keep The Main Thing The Main Thing ▪▫

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 01:07:34 pm »
Sorry to correct your wonderful (yet wrong) maths, but an hour is 3600s (60mins * 60secs).
Dividing the total time by the number of kills: 3600/450 = 1 kill per 8 seconds (on average).
I think that's possible!
Especially with a map like Arena2, a respawn time of a couple of seconds, and a few Bezerkaz lying around.

...Maybe..

btw if an hour were 360s, i'd be nearly 200 years old by now ;D

ouch...i feel dumb, i shoulda noticed that since 360 seconds is actually 6 minutes
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 01:09:48 pm »
hey yea you're right...math is gay.

8 seconds, well, the lowest respawn time is 1 second, so there goes a second.

you need to be in a room full of really really really new players. and i mean that by like first day players. and you need a lot of them in the same room, because otherwise you have to spend sometimes roaming around.

you also will be the only one doing the killing, because if other people kills you'd have to wait for the respawn, and also you'll waste your time weakening the other people.

still he's lying. just look at zombie matches. with flags captures, still no one ever reached anywhere close to 300 points before, ever.