Author Topic: Just a few thoughts...  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
Just a few thoughts...
« on: October 17, 2006, 06:39:45 pm »
I've been pondering what would truly benefit Soldat, and I'd like to know what you think.

1.  A healing weapon.  It would have a 1 second delay, and a gruesome reload (roughly Minigun), but would heal allies and enemies alike.  It's trajectory would probably be around Deagles'.

With it's trajectory more like a Deagles, it cannot be used on yourself.  Therefore this would promote teamwork.  Healing the FFC and such.  Although this may seem cheap, remember that it can heal enemies too.

2.  Infrared Goggles.  These would be selectable in realistic, and would allow you to see normally.  Doesn't see Predator.

You wouldn't be able to select a primary with this, only a secondary.  It'd also help people learn to communicate more, as the person with the goggles would have to ask for help to kill enemies he/she spots because with only a secondary, it'd be hard to kill them.

3.  Allow allies to take healthpacks you are on.

How annoying is it when you're getting chased with nearly no health to speak of, when you see a healthpack, but it turns out an ally is on the healthpack, and you don't get its benefits?

4.  Gas pack weapon, as a secondary..  It would increase the amount of jet you have.  When it is depleted, you must crouch for it to reload.  If you throw this, it will operate as a very dangerous nade, that won't explode on contact.  If a m79 grenade, LAW missile, or nade hits this, it will explode dramatically in a huge explosion.

I think this would be really fun.  Increased jet is a very powerful thing, and has infinite uses.  Also, it doubles as an explosive.

5.  /return, it's a working name.  It'll open up a vote to return all flags to their owners.

Hate those stalemates?  Where both flag carriers have boosted themselves to some generally unreachable place?  Hate those times when your flag somehow gets stuck in the ground?  I do too.  Both teams would have to agree to this to return the flags.

6.  VEHICLES!!!  Nah.   ;D  Making weapons do damage upon dropping.

I think this'd be nice.  Basically all weapons would do damage when they are dropped on enemies.  The damage would be proportional to real life weight.  A Minigun would do the most, a Socom, the least.

What do you think?
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
Re: Just a few thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 06:46:38 pm »
1. Was on a trenchwars server awhile ago, modded socom to do negative damage.

2. No, maybe it would put a pointer over people's head, but only if they were in your LoS anyway, it would ruin the stealth.

3. Yes.

4. No, it would unbalance some maps.

5. What if there are more Bravos than Alphas? Vice Versa? People who hit f12 at every oppurtunity?

6. Yes.

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 07:07:40 pm »
I'd expect the /return votes would require around 80% of the server's votes...  So if they're are 4 times as many Alphas than Bravos...  Then... 0.o

How would a gas pack unbalance some maps?  Just wondering.
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 07:17:22 pm »
Vertical infiltration maps,  un roofed ctf maps, any map with limited jets.

Offline cr4sh

• Major
  • rawr
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 07:21:00 pm »
a magical healing gun...   That's pretty realistic....  Cmon now, we already got jetpacks.

I think this will make the game overly complicated by adding the "sweet new dynamic" to soldat.

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 08:26:23 pm »
a magical healing gun...   That's pretty realistic....  Cmon now, we already got jetpacks.

I think this will make the game overly complicated by adding the "sweet new dynamic" to soldat.

Aish, anyone who talks about realism in this game hurts my head.  In real life, when you use a flamethrower on a bush, it burns.  In real life, if you get shot once or twice, you die, period.

Don't open that can of worms...

By the way, I really don't think increased jet makes a difference really...  But whatever...
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 08:37:30 pm »
Magical healing gun sounds pretty sexy...though it'll never work.

HUZZAH AN ELFEN LIED FAN!

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 08:55:08 pm »
Huzzah!  Elfen Lied is awesome.
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 02:09:44 am »
1. Definitely not. This would cause more people to switch to m79 and barret just to eliminate that guy who's going around with someone else healing him. There's too much one hit killing already. And imagine two people healing each other while going for the flag... that's just silly. Granted, having a long delay would make it difficult, but people will still get frustrated when they unload half an auto clip into an enemy, only to have him healed by the guy behind him.. it's just supposed to be fast paced killing action, which this isn't.

2. The vision in realistic mode is supposed to be realistic... you're saying that IR goggles should give you eyes in the back of your head, and allow you to see through walls? Nonsense... that would completely ruin realistic mode.

3. Definitely. I hope this is the case in the new version.

4. I'm indifferent about this. It sounds sort of interesting, but at the same time, a bit pointless. There's already enough jets to go where you need to go, and the explosive would be just like a nade, because making it really dangerous and powerful would be a bit too much for the game, I think, and would cause it to be severely overused.

5. This would be very easily abused, for the reasons already mentioned in the thread. No thanks.

6. We catch the weapons when they fall... they shouldn't hurt us (been suggested before).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 02:12:45 am by -Vis- »

Offline zaraza

• Soldier
  • *Axeminster!*
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 02:32:11 am »
1. And what if you shoot at 90 degrees angle? You would have healed yourself. No.

2. There is no way MM would implement this. And praise him for that.

3. Yes! Same for nades.

4. Yes but only when you could make it explode in someones hands ;d

5. "When both flag carriers have boosted themselves to some generally unreachable place" than that map sux.

6. Oh come on! Imagine yourself killed by a Soccom dropped from 1 meter height. And no more catching-in-the-air-super-weapon-tricks ;]

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 04:27:22 am »
1. You've destroyed the whole point of survival.

2. You've destroyed the whole point of realistic.

3. Yes, same for all boxes.

4. You've destroyed the whole point of certain maps

5. Not needed. If one guy does it, the others can to.

6. Why the hell would you drop a gun on someone as an attack?

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 04:38:05 pm »
1. You've destroyed the whole point of survival.

2. You've destroyed the whole point of realistic.

3. Yes, same for all boxes.

4. You've destroyed the whole point of certain maps

5. Not needed. If one guy does it, the others can to.

6. Why the hell would you drop a gun on someone as an attack?

I don't understand your response to number 5.  However, guns can, and have been thrown to hurt people.  Also, which maps depend on jet fuel?

Vision isn't all realistic is about.  It's about recoil, increased damage, etc.  Also, in a firefight, you will not have the time to shoot up into the air, and pray that it bullet lands on you.  Shooting at a 90 degree angle works only a couple of maps.
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 07:33:21 pm »
Inf fortress or whatever would be an example.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 07:37:04 pm »
Inf fortress or whatever would be an example.
Inf_ponutedhas or whatever its called is a better example.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:54 am »
You know what? I haven't played this game forever....so how am I supposed to remember

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 07:13:17 am »
ok, jsut a few things this time:
1. the healing gun, this has been mentioned many times. of all the ideas, i like the ones involving supplying, where you can drop a weapon and when you hold down a button and run over a powerup, you can pick up 2 or 3 and carry them until needed
2.gogles. this is dificult to figure out well. in reality, infrared DOES let you see through walls, so if teh gogles that go into the game are IR, id say that it should allow you to see all enemies in about a 30-40 degree arc that follows your gun, much like the range of Sbink
sidenotes:
damn cato, you just luv to shoot stuf down, dont ya?
also, HELL YEAH! ELFEN LEID IS THE SHIZNIT!(and i like saying leid, not lied)

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 02:38:43 pm »
Yeah, Infrared does allow you to see through walls so...  It does make sense.  Maybe not have it see behind you...
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 02:44:43 pm »
'xactly wat i was sayin

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 04:35:01 pm »
1.  Nah, this is not really Soldat styled, and in the official FAQ it says:
10. Could you make a mod with fantasy elements (like mages, potions and magic)?

What the hell are you?

2.  No way! This would ruin the point (or atleast a big part) of realistic. No no no.

3.  This seems more like a bug then a feature to me.

4.  Yeah this is a cool idea. Um... Yeah... I like it.

5.  Good idea as well.

6. Eh... Maybe in realistic... Maybe....

Vision isn't all realistic is about.  It's about recoil, increased damage, etc.
Yeah but it's a lot about it :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:37:23 pm by Mr. Jenkins »

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 04:44:05 am »
Huzzah! Elfen Lied is awesome.

Hope your right, maybe i will try and watch it someday... :P

5: AMEN TO THAT!!!!
6: Then killing a minigunner above in the air will be a dangerous thing to do... :P hehe