Author Topic: 2.5.2 random shut downs  (Read 5053 times)

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: 2.5.2 random shut downs
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 10:44:09 pm »
seatorm, cats and "stmth" were doing a 1on1 duel in DM mode, i unpassworded the server because they finished. thats why it returned "currently no server pw" (isnt the same as admin pw)

after that i changed gamemode to CTF, and then it crashed/shut down

Found out that /gamemode causes crashes, might be fixed in the next version if the cause gets tracked down.

on my sponsored server hosted by Seastorm from quloa.de, scriping was disabled since the beginning and it shut down about 4 times after that, maybe some more.
the last time was about 30 hours ago

The newest version has more verbose crashing; it looks like it's shutting down, but it actually crashed, but was able to recover enough to save settings and shut down cleanly. Previously it didn't do that, it would just crash and die the hard way.

Until you get the exact error description from your host, we won't know why it's crashing.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 07:06:41 am »
the host is seastorm, he posted the errors here too.
when i woke up today his server crashed again, and 1min ago my climb server crashed too, during a mapchange.

the server was far more stable before the update, my climb server would be running for 5-10 days without crashing, now it crashes about daily. and the log-flood is very irritating, when there is a maperror it just floods my arsse and because of the lag i cant change map..

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 07:16:47 am »
downgrade to 2.5.1 then, I dont mind :)

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 07:36:13 am »
well, it sucks to have an old version.. especially because scripting owns and /votemap owns as well. i was hoping for a fix actually :p

Offline George Baker

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 01:12:47 pm »
Hi, I have this problem too, on my computer (Debian linux, 300Mhz, 128MB ram) its running Soldat 2.5.2 server and Team Speak server. Soldat server work fine for an 30 minutes, and then freeze.I can connect to game, but its freeze (like lag), and in linux I cant kill soldatserver dameon - i must restart server manualy. But Team Speak server runs for an hours without any problem with freezing....

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 08:51:03 pm »
Use kill -9 to force kill it if it freezes; disabling scripting may eliminate issues with crashing.