Author Topic: Assault Gametype  (Read 1596 times)

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
Assault Gametype
« on: October 19, 2006, 05:59:30 am »
Ok, if you have played Halo 2 im sure you are familiar with assault. It is a round based game where the object of the game is to take your teams bomb (Spawns at your base), and run it to the other persons detonation site (just like a small area....on INF abel, it could be where the black flag already is).  You teams needs to protect the bomber while you bring it to the enemy. The bomber has to sit in the area for a set amount of time (say 5 seconds) in order to plant the bomb.  There would need to be a way for the bomber to lose his weapon when he picks up the bomb, because it makes it more fair for defenders. When a bomb is armed and planted, then the round ends, and the defense team gets a chance to be on offense.

Im not sure if this was posted, i searched and didnt find anything, but someone coulda used a different name for this.

Tell me what ya think!
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
Re: Assault Gametype
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:09:17 am »
Very nice idea ;).But i doubt it in game.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 06:28:42 am »
Another plus is that this doesnt really require a new set of maps, because the INF maps are already set up perfectly
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:35:26 pm »
So like demolition in CS but with not being able to carry a weapon? Nah, we should think of orignal game types, not ones used in other games.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:09:38 pm »
Reverse INF, with teams switched every map and the maplist doubled. No need to create a new gametype.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 02:23:44 pm »
yeah. true thing.

Or if you want a multiobjective map, just make a looong linear map with lots of twists.

Offline Dezonus

• Major(1)
  • Hey look it's me
    • Megatrazainian Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 06:05:23 pm »
If your using INF maps, do both sides get to attack? If so, CTF maps would probably suit better. The bomb should probably be like the rambo bow in you chuck your weapon to pick it up.

Other than that, pretty cool idea.
I own the Megatrazainian Empire, what about you?

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 06:25:35 am »
I would love to see this in the next version!

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 07:59:24 pm »
If your using INF maps, do both sides get to attack?

teams switched every map and the maplist doubled.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 02:51:52 am »
Like Unreal Tournamet assault gametype? 0k.

... but bomber? xD it should be funny

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 08:56:28 am »
If your using INF maps, do both sides get to attack?

teams switched every map and the maplist doubled.

no it would more be like you have 2 minutes to plant the bomb. if you are successfull or unsuccessful after the 2 minutes, the next team attacks and its like a best of 5 round system per map