Author Topic: Camping?  (Read 4749 times)

Offline amity

• Major
Re: Camping?
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 04:31:27 am »
camping is awsome, i dont do it to much cuase i use minime, but its usefull to hide while the efc comes to you ( if your at your base)
as for spawners, you cant shoot out of that invisibillity bubble= gay

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 07:21:06 am »
Um, not to change to subject or anything but... Isn't this kinda the same as spawning? Both are perfectly legal and they are not hard to get around or avoid.

Except camping is fine...Spawnkilling isn't. I find spawnkilling more annoying than camping. And camping while spawnkilling is just gay.

Camping in a bush = Lame/cheap tactic, but it works ;)...so live with it!
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 07:44:41 am »
Wow.Theres no way its gonna be changed. Stop whining because you just came from a server were the campers were owning you.

Offline Lethal Injection

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 07:54:23 am »
To beat a camper, think like a camper - where would you hide if you were going to take out people easily? Then just throw a nade or two to flush the person out and take him out with your gun if your nade(s) fail.

All you have to do is follow the Barret shot trail. Hardly any psychology required. :P

I'm talking about Realistic mode camping, which is slightly more difficult to handle. Anyone can use any gun in the game to camp with, and not all of them are so easily detectable.

Date Posted: October 26, 2006, 08:52:08 AM
Wow.Theres no way its gonna be changed. Stop whining because you just came from a server were the campers were owning you.

I'd just like to note one thing on that - campers never 'own' anyone, as they lose that privelege when they camp. I have no issue with campers, since they lower themselves to that level it's their buisness, but when they start saying they 'own' anyone, I get a little annoyed.

A camper doesn't own a player, just because he's better at hiding in one spot than the other player is.
"There is always a cloud above, and a cloud next to yours."

ArmedManiac

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 05:46:32 pm »
I find camping very ineffecient even with barret usually unless it is like 12 on 12 becuase you sit there for 5 mins. to get one kill instead of going on a killing spree and finding the people.

Offline lardlad89

• Major(1)
  • ogmwtflawlbbq
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 01:26:07 am »
I've tried camping before, wasn't exactly the best way of killing people. You usually get way more kills then deaths, but there really is no point in camping unless your playing R/S teammatch.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 10:11:18 am »
I hate camping not because campers kill me (since finding them is easy and most campers just suck) I hate camping because it makes the game slower, Soldat was meant to be a fast game, camping just makes the game slower and boring

Offline Officer_Bulbock

• Major
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2006, 05:58:30 pm »
I camp in deathmatch often, but rarely in CTF (Although I might crouch in a bush for a few seconds to get the jump on an approaching enemy).

Camping's fine with me- as long as there's no more than one or two on each team it's a nice way of making sure you pay attention and nothing gives yuo greater satisfaction than routing one out with a nade.

In deathmatch, camping can be quite effective in large, open maps (Shau comes to mind). It's a nice feeling when some runs past you and then gets a slug up their ass.  :D

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2006, 08:05:42 pm »
Campers and spawnkillers are annoying, but once you realize they're compensating for their lack of skill, it's not so bad.  It's the whole "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" thing.  If a guy hides in a bush and chainsaws you, fine.  It's annoying, but oh well.  If you run past the SAME BUSH and get killed again, you have no right to whine.  Like Lethal Injection said, just flush him out with a grenade.  Problem solved.

Also, no one has any right to whine about base camping.  In INF, that's the point of the game, and in CTF, it's an effective defensive tactic.  In any other game type, the issue is irrelevant.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2006, 08:13:09 pm »
I like camping temporarily, like sitting somewhere, seeing an enemy pop up, blamming him/her/it with a law, then dashing forward in a suicide attack with a random auto.
But, when theres more than one camper, like three guys sitting behind that little house thing on outpost with barretts, then it's kinda annoying, because even if one gets binked/killed, the other(s) still nail(s) you.

Offline Gorilla J

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 08:53:12 pm »
I only mind camping in CTF, when a half a dozen or so people line up around the flag to dodge.  It's insane; kill one, five, six, seven or more kill you.  Get your whole team there, kill a few, they respawn and you're ganked.

Camping, like most things, is fine in moderation.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2006, 12:44:30 pm »
Campers and spawnkillers are annoying, but once you realize they're compensating for their lack of skill, it's not so bad.  It's the whole "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" thing.  If a guy hides in a bush and chainsaws you, fine.  It's annoying, but oh well.  If you run past the SAME BUSH and get killed again, you have no right to whine.  Like Lethal Injection said, just flush him out with a grenade.  Problem solved.

Also, no one has any right to whine about base camping.  In INF, that's the point of the game, and in CTF, it's an effective defensive tactic.  In any other game type, the issue is irrelevant.

You are definitely touching on the main reason!  I will add by saying that camping is annoying because of peoples lack of ability to learn from mistakes. That is what is fascinating about humans. We learn from experiences, we adapt to obstacles. To quote Albert Einstein- "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 02:44:13 pm »
Hehe, I usually camp @ Publics. It is just so fun. :D

It is kinda easy, but winning by camping certainly is not.
I find it alot easier to win public DM round bu rushing with some Auto(read AK :D) than by camping. Kills per minute is like almost 3 times higher when using my aggressive playstyle than coward camping.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 10:15:32 pm »
Camping is counterable. Like say in the map blox. A common camping spot is the right of the map with the ledge. I use that spot and camp when I'm bored sometimes, and when someone else uses it, I know exactly where to shoot from to destroy them. Camping makes you vulnerable because you cant move. Yes, they have a defendable position, but they are standing still. I never understood the big deal about camping. It is a legitmate tactic, and with weapons like the M79, ruger, and barret, it is completely counterable.

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 10:23:25 pm »
Whats really stupid is that some guy will yell out CAMPER! on the server and hes camping while the dude he said camper at stood there for a second to shoot him with better aim lol
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 04:35:42 pm »
Mwahaha. Camping with the chainsaw is fun... I think that campers on CTF or Deathmatch games are almost stupid. In CTF games, you cannot win by camping the whole game. Yes, you can prevent the enemy from taking your flag, and the other team will have a hard time getting the enemy's flag, but you cannot get flag caps by camping. In DM, you can usually get far more points by running around and gunning; Berret and M79 are not very good weapons in DM, unless you have two of them or a high degree of accuracy.

Offline zexus

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 08:17:57 pm »
camper make me laugh or i make them laugh with my "don't get myself killed dance" .....right before i kill them with the ak+nade combo
i invented the i[insert random item]