Author Topic: Sniper hold up.  (Read 9428 times)

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
Sniper hold up.
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:48:00 am »
I dont understand why you neeed to hold your click just to shoot the sniper.ON version 1.2.1 you didnt need to do that but on the current version you do why is that??
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline AerialAssault

• Major(1)
Re: Sniper hold up.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:53:42 am »
Balance. Don't question it.
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
- Maynard James Keenan

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:17:46 am »
MM wants the weapons to be more balanced, ya know?  That's why he added the delay on the barrett.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:40:09 am »
its better with delay. balanced

It kinda makes it feel more powerful too.
don't you agree?

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 12:02:22 pm »
Balance yes, besides snipers still seem to be doing fine from all the snipers i see around.
@ii

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:44:39 pm »
Oh its because of balance,i thought its just because they did it for no reason lol

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 01:25:23 pm »
it needs some timing now, that makes the balance

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 01:44:09 pm »
Bug: Hold down the fire button before it finishes loading the bullet. When it loads it will fire instantly.

Hince why noobs reload quicker. They use it like an auto.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 01:49:24 pm »
Bug: Hold down the fire button before it finishes loading the bullet. When it loads it will fire instantly.

lol thats pathetic.

Offline DannyLB

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 02:27:16 pm »
MM wants them more balanced? I thought he did that with 1.2.1 I wanna see a sniper rifle in which you actually need to hold the trigger in order to shoot.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 02:58:26 pm »
it's balance because the barret requires some degree of skill now
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 03:54:43 pm »
MM wants the weapons to be more balanced, ya know? That's why he added the delay on the barrett.

...which in reality, looks like this:

MM wants the weapons to be more balanced, ya know? That's why he hired a hungarian alcoholic, who whined until he rose to power, and put delay on the barret.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 07:17:51 pm »
i dont understand... are you implying the startup is a bad idea? With the startup, 'snipers' have to anticipate the Soldat's move to get a kill, which is what makes the Barret a little less noob.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Mister Angry

• Major(1)
  • It's Ridge Racer, RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 08:06:08 pm »
*grumbles* DEAL WITH IT!

Sorry about the grumpiness but the fact that I'm usually fighting servers full of snipers/explosives...I seriously don't want to hear people complain about these *quote* disadvantages *unquote* that these one hit killers have.
I have the rare "Nintendo Fanboyism" disease, And ba-da-ba-ba-baaaaa, I'm Lovin' It.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 08:08:38 pm »
NOOOOOOO this is a crazy idea, sniper NEEDS that "Hold up" otherwise it'd be very unbalanced.

Why dont you think about the M79, its the closer to unbalanced than the sniper

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 10:01:25 pm »
I used to be aweesome with the  older barret, ah camping like a nub behind a bush infont of the flag, good times..good times.

But obviously it had the delay for such moments as these.
I'm away.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 02:06:17 am »

That absolutely stinks if that's true, though that'd explain a lot of instant barret kills I've taken the other day. :( A moving barreter shouldn't be able to consistently fire off a shot the moment you appear in his view. :(

Why dont you think about the M79, its the closer to unbalanced than the sniper
A barret bullet can kill from anywhere on the map, from base to base barring obstacles, and is fast enough to be difficult to impossible to avoid given its speed, even several screens away. The M79 has about a range of 3-4 inches on the monitor, is very slow, and can kill its player with use, the only weapon to do so. If I'm looking to kill someone, then I'd be stupid to not choose the barret over the M79.

The barret is a long range weapon, and the delay really doesn't affect it's ability to kill. At worst, the delay means the barret user might have to take/dodge a couple of shots before killing the enemy. This is why I think the delay is needed -- the shot is just too fast, too accurate, too far ranged, and too deadly -- before it can be countered or affected by any other weapon.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 02:41:24 am »
the barrett needs a delay....with out delay it is a ruger with 10 shots, and on hit kill
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 05:41:27 am »

That absolutely stinks if that's true, though that'd explain a lot of instant barret kills I've taken the other day. :( A moving barreter shouldn't be able to consistently fire off a shot the moment you appear in his view. :(

Wow, I though more poeple knew about that. Spamming the mouse button and other agressive tactics such as button mashing get you ahead in most if not all games. Although, perfecting techinque is the expert stragity very few games want the player to be skilled.

One game you can't win if you don't know what your doing.... Fight Club. Hince why no one playes it ;)

Edit: Oops, replyed in quote box

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 10:09:48 am »
The delay is annoying cause the barret is no longer used for actual sniping. It's only used because it has insta-kill.

On the other hand, it's already really good with the delay, so taking it away would ruin the balance and make it a super weapon, like it was in 1.2.1. That was a little too good.

What I think MM should do is make the bullet move slightly slower, and put like 500 movement accuracy (makes crosshair larger the more you move), even longer reload time and a lot more +bink (+bink makes crosshair larger when you get it, -bink makes crosshair larger the more you shoot, with autos).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 10:11:19 am by Mr. Jenkins »