Author Topic: Sniper hold up.  (Read 9429 times)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Sniper hold up.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 12:03:30 pm »
The delay is annoying cause the barret is no longer used for actual sniping. It's only used because it has insta-kill....

I use it for sniping. So do many others.

The delay actually helps me manage it better. I like it.

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 10:31:34 am »
I hate the sniper, takes to long to load, i usuall love fast paced flyaround and kill everything that move, wich makes perfect use of the m79, just aim and fire, i usually get some 2 ppl kills with one shot, if the sniper didnt have a delay, ppl would be using it more often in ctf, it would extremely helpful!!

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 02:27:53 pm »
its not like the barrett cant be used for sniping, it just takes time to get used to it....i can still snipe with it, delay just drives away people who arent skilled enough to adjust i geuss
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline LaGuNaH

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 03:42:34 pm »
but in leo's real sever you only have to 1 click with it

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 03:49:58 pm »
The delay is annoying cause the barret is no longer used for actual sniping. It's only used because it has insta-kill.

On the other hand, it's already really good with the delay, so taking it away would ruin the balance and make it a super weapon, like it was in 1.2.1. That was a little too good.

What I think MM should do is make the bullet move slightly slower, and put like 500 movement accuracy (makes crosshair larger the more you move), even longer reload time and a lot more +bink (+bink makes crosshair larger when you get it, -bink makes crosshair larger the more you shoot, with autos).
You're joking right?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 05:47:16 pm »
...i can still snipe with it, delay just drives away people who arent skilled enough to adjust i geuss
That I think is the case.

@LaGuNaH: that's because realistically a sniper rifle fires as soon as you hold the trigger :P But this is more a gameplay element than realism.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 03:11:42 pm »
Well now that we know sniper needs a hold up which is likely true because of the balence.Atleast now i figured it out.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 05:25:18 pm »
Because it keeps the people who don't understand barret enough quiet, they think it's nerfed.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline CardBoardWarrior

• Soldier
  • "The best secondary is a primary"
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2006, 07:02:11 pm »
Bug: Hold down the fire button before it finishes loading the bullet. When it loads it will fire instantly.

Hince why noobs reload quicker. They use it like an auto.
That absolutely stinks if that's true, though that'd explain a lot of instant barret kills I've taken the other day. :( A moving barreter shouldn't be able to consistently fire off a shot the moment you appear in his view. :(

Why dont you think about the M79, its the closer to unbalanced than the sniper
A barret bullet can kill from anywhere on the map, from base to base barring obstacles, and is fast enough to be difficult to impossible to avoid given its speed, even several screens away. The M79 has about a range of 3-4 inches on the monitor, is very slow, and can kill its player with use, the only weapon to do so. If I'm looking to kill someone, then I'd be stupid to not choose the barret over the M79.

The barret is a long range weapon, and the delay really doesn't affect it's ability to kill. At worst, the delay means the barret user might have to take/dodge a couple of shots before killing the enemy. This is why I think the delay is needed -- the shot is just too fast, too accurate, too far ranged, and too deadly -- before it can be countered or affected by any other weapon.

I like what Mr. Domino said.

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2006, 07:28:09 pm »
Its better with the holdup. For some reason, its more.... suspensful..... ;)
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 10:26:14 pm »
well whoever thought of this hold down time is not very smart.

we should nerf barrett in someway, but obviously this delay is not very effective. the only thing it does is driving new players away, while the old players take 2 days to get use to it.

you still see barrett people flying in mid air using it like a dam rocket launcher.

it doesn't take more skill if it's a one shot kill weapon, barretters don't have to learn to nad, run jump, all those fast moving.

i've seen barrett players just jetting in air to stay altutide and fire, they don't move or nothing. all you have to learn is to know how the arc goes.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 02:07:37 am »
yeah, nobody actually SNIPES with the sniper... i agree with you jenkins, less movement accuracy and a tad longer reload...

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 09:07:42 am »
Barret is %75 tactics.

yeah, nobody actually SNIPES with the sniper... i agree with you jenkins, less movement accuracy and a tad longer reload...

Don't turn this into a "omg nerf barret" thread..
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 09:21:04 am »
Barret is %75 tactics.

Don't turn this into a "omg nerf barret" thread..

Yeah, the number of barret users has decreased tremendously since last version and is now OK.  If anything add a delay to the noob one-hit-kill weapon, namely the M79 :P.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 09:47:54 am »
I agree to those terms!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 10:07:11 am »
well, back in the 1.2.1 days the sniper was my favorite weapon.

but now cause of the warm up time I use ruger and hk mostly.

but it is still is a good weapon, just takes getting used to,
There are other worlds than these

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 01:00:25 pm »
I still use the ancient tactics of slow base infiltration. Hiding, shooting, running.
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 03:58:07 pm »
im a pretty good sniper, pretty much never miss. but i never really use it unless i keep dying and get mad. i dont use it because it takes the fun away. i like being able to kill someone with 10+ bullets to the head with an auto, or double-headshotting someone witht he ruger, or even binking a barreter to missing, and then i chain them for huge laughs. I want a game to be challenging, not a point-shoot 1 hit kill bonanza. I do favor the barret over the m79 because at least with the barret you need skill. with the m79, you miss and you still hit me with the shrapnel. M79 sucks, i hate it.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 08:48:12 pm »
yea but one if they add more bullet will that effect the balence.Or how about shorter reload time will that effect to?
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 11:51:57 pm »
what gun are you talking about, the barret or m79? definately not alter either. both are cheap in their own ways ALREADY.