Poll

Should M79 have trigger delay like the barret?

yes, add delay
no, leave it

Author Topic: M79 delay?  (Read 17111 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
M79 delay?
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:39:35 am »
Since both, the M79 and barret are one-shot weapons they both should have delay.  Each has their own advantage making them equally powerful:
-) barret has long range and has fast-flying bullets
-) m79 has (relative) short reload time can get into angles that let the shooter be 'out of sight' (as opposed to the barret and it explodes making it more useful in real mode.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Lightning

• Major(1)
Re: M79 delay?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:48:20 pm »
no delay, i like it this way.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 01:17:00 pm »
omg jesus christ, the only thing m79 can do well is close range combat, but if you put a delay on it, you're taking away all it has left.....the bullet's arc are hard to aim, and even if the guy aimed right the bullet speed can miss an elephant...not those fast kinds of african elephants neither.

barrett can take a delay because you'll be able to spot them, and even with delay, to kill them at a fairly long distance. you'll have chance to hold it down before you guys get close enough is what i'm trying to say.

but m79s are better sued for close range combat, and if the m79 hold down the fire too earlier, the enemy can just turn back and it'll be a miss; likewise, if they hold it down too late, it's close range after all, they'll be dead.

jesus when will this end???

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 01:41:32 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  NO NO NO

no? no!

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 01:45:15 pm »
m79 is for close-range combat.  You want to give a close-range weapon a delay?

"ZOMFG, an enemy is right behind me!"
*click*
"WTF, M79 has a delay?!"
**Killed by Footshlonger**

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 01:49:50 pm »
you know what let's give a socom a delay too, so no more people posting "overpowered" socom.....

let's put a delay on shotgun!!!! oh the gayness in the world.

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 03:14:36 pm »
M79 definately needs a StartUpTime. So people can react before they're blown to pieces.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 03:16:34 pm by Yuth »

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 03:19:15 pm »
you know what let's give a socom a delay too, so no more people posting "overpowered" socom.....

let's put a delay on shotgun!!!! oh the ****ness in the world.

It's a one hit kill weapon - the others aren't...  that's the difference!

m79 is for close-range combat. You want to give a close-range weapon a delay?

"ZOMFG, an enemy is right behind me!"
*click*
"WTF, M79 has a delay?!"
**Killed by Footshlonger**

If you're suck too much in the game that a guy can so easily surprise you from behind then you do deserve to die.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 05:23:10 pm »
we need to have at least one one-hitter with no delay, i would rather it be the m79....i have no problem dodging m79, it is fine how it is.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline zaraza

• Soldier
  • *Axeminster!*
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 05:27:19 pm »
yeaaa lets give every weapon a delay! Soldat will be so fun then!

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 05:52:16 pm »
M79 definately needs a StartUpTime. So people can react before they're blown to pieces.
Remember that there is no player with 100% accuracy, and keep in mind that yo can always press X when u see m79, to dodge.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 05:54:13 pm »
Remember that there is no player with 100% accuracy, and keep in mind that yo can always press X when u see m79, to dodge.

no you can't lmao

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 05:57:45 pm »
Go screw another weapon and leave the M79 alone.
It's a damn attack weapon, it's supposed to be fast.. we don't need a delay.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline GNU

• Major
    • Australian Soldat Community
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 07:02:55 pm »
1.2.1 FTW.

Nah don't delay is what i say.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 08:20:35 pm »
Yeah, doesnt need a delay just a little bit shorter range...

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 10:22:37 pm »
wow, i vote we put delay on the MP5, the Ak-74, the minimi, and the steyr. Why you may ask? Because it's cheap that a gun can shoot that many bullets. [/sarcasm]
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 10:49:25 pm »
it is an odd idea, but a good way to stop noobs from using all the time... they need to learn some real guns heh

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 10:32:38 am »
Delay!!! Pleeasssee put delay! M79 is currently just a weapon for noobs and newbs. If you don't put delay then make it take two hits to kill and faster reload time. That would be good.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 01:02:47 pm »
Delay!!! Pleeasssee put delay! M79 is currently just a weapon for noobs and newbs. If you don't put delay then make it take two hits to kill and faster reload time. That would be good.

RIGHT ON!  lol
everytime i try to teach the game principals to a friend he always chooses the m79 cuz it's a very ez gun to use cuz he always just runs around and when he sees and enemy he fires the gun and kills usually if the enemy was close...

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 03:31:08 pm »
Me, personally, i agree with mr. jenkins and zyxstand. I think the M79 is a noob gun. but hey everyone, everyone thinks another gun is noob too. I just think a point-and-shoot gun that not too much skill requires is just noobish. Others say the barret is noobish, but do you see noobs acually hitting people with it? the delay has driven away noobs. I am thinking maybe the delay with an M79 will do that too.

Offline mike323

• Major(1)
  • DONT fire that m79 at me
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 04:10:08 pm »
Yet another one of these damn topics...we've all decided the m79 needs to be modified in some way, possibly delay. I'm at a loss with the m79. If you ask me, it should be removed from the game.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 05:55:43 pm »
I still think the weapon's fine as is, but it's just too good for CTF. I never realized how slow and methodical captures/returns need to be with other weapons. You can't just bypass by everyone boosting to the destination, and with a long range weapon, you almost need to treat each encounter as a one-on-one long range battle just to make it to the other side of the map alive.

It's true that M79's are easily killed by pretty much any weapon, but you have to take your time and be aware of all incoming threats to be able to take the advantage. Bunny hopping to the flag just won't give you much time to react, and I think that's where the frustration lies. You can't exactly just "counter" the weapon -- you have to play the entire game "countering" it by playing slow and keeping your distance. Then again, playing safe makes you barret fodder, so who knows. Maybe that's part of the balance, and all the other weapons are the shades of gray between those two extremes.

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 02:07:57 pm »
With regards to the M79, I'd like to first note that we must consider what exactly we want the weapon to be used for.

Considering the nature of the M79, it seems obvious to me that it's a weapon to be used for taking out targets in crowded spaces.  On the other hand, it's not a weapon one would want to use at a very close range, nor is it really something to use against mid-air targets.  Not realistically, anyway; and while this game really is far from "realistic," it still has ties to our physical reality--otherwise, would we be using guns inspired from it?

What we see in-game is people using the M79 at very close range in midair.  Obviously, this gun is not being used as intended.

As such, I believe a delayed fire would be appropriate: it would effectively discourage use of the gun as such a high-speed assault weapon, and do it without hindering the weapon's intended purpose.
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 02:32:34 pm »
As such, I believe a delayed fire would be appropriate: it would effectively discourage use of the gun as such a high-speed assault weapon, and do it without hindering the weapon's intended purpose.

Delay wouldn't solve anything; the barret is just as effective with its delay. Picture two opponents racing to each other from opposite ends of the screen. At the moment each player spots the other, the racing M79er will have already started holding down the fire button and moving into range. The reaction time for the other player to not only stop his own momentum, but to retreat into a more favorable range is extremely small.

I think the way to "fix" it would be a rather large knockback after each shot, much greater than the Spas. While this would give the M79 a better chance to reload, it would also greater help the other person get in a better range to kill and bink from afar while making it more difficult for the M79er to recover from missed shots.

Offline Drakor

• Major
  • ... Do I need to say it?
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 10:18:43 pm »
Perhaps, Double the damage, Half the range, and add 10 to reload, More damage, So if it hits you, or NEAR you your dead, Half range so THEIR dead too, And reload so if they miss, they cant getcha a sec later.
100% of the people who see this signature will have visited http://Http://forums.soldat.pl. Put this in your signature if you like pie... or cake! :D

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 03:11:33 pm »
... Delay wouldn't solve anything; the barret is just as effective with its delay. ...

That is very true.  It is also true that the barret has mostly ceased to be the nuisance that it once was.

I should have elaborated more on my reasoning, though; the idea of a delay is not to prevent the weapon from being used in such a way entirely--I do agree that a player experienced with the weapon could still use it in such a fashion--but the intention is to prevent novice players from latching on to it without at least seriously trying the other weapons.
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 06:09:26 pm »
omg jesus christ, the only thing m79 can do well is close range combat, but if you put a delay on it, you're taking away all it has left...
What the heck are you rambling on? Is it that hard to hold left-click less than half a second earlier than usual?? I'm totally for this.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 08:04:04 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

I think people should just stop bloody complaining about the weapons in Soldat!

they are all fine JUST LEAVE THEM!

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 12:40:10 am »
No way,
why should we get over and over it all the time?!
stop whining about the m79 and get it that it can'd be delayed like barret,
it's not as easy as barret ffs.
give it a rest  :-X

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 12:41:22 am »
If m79 had a delay, people who want the quickest 1 hit kill weapon wouldn't know where to turn.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2006, 08:58:16 am »
I think m79 is fine as it is... it is one of the hardest guns to master because of the short distance, etc etc.
For me I prefer using a barret  (with delay) than a normal m79 let alone one with start up time

Offline EsPiO

• Major(1)
  • Ninja!
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 04:50:06 pm »
Just don't charge in, if you see a M79 user coming towards you keep your distance, which makes it easier to dodge and pick them off at range. If you charge in then any noob can kill you when really they can't use the gun from more then 3ft away.

I think the main problem is for whatever reason the other player can get a 2nd shot in (good player, bad reg of hits etc.) to either finish you with splash damage or get a direct hit. More experienced players don't see a problem as they can kill the M79 user before they get a 2nd shot in 99% of the time.

A higher reload would probably stop the abuse by noobs and give other inexperienced players using a different gun (the ones I believe moan about it the most) a better chance while not changing a more experienced players game (normally whip out a SOCOM or knife if the first shot missed).

Offline kalatix

• Major(1)
  • Game nick = Sirge
    • Cape Cod House of Praise
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 07:47:02 pm »
YoMammasMamma I think had it right. So if you were running fast, as often people do (especially in CTF) and you ran right into an m79er, he would have to get out of the way since his delay has a good chance of making him explode.

As in: you're both running, see eachother, m79er shoots (with delay) and if he hits you, then he has a good chance of being in that explosion as well. Killing himself.

So, m79ers would have to be more careful when just charging, and have to change their tactics. Know what I'm saying?
Soon i will be done with the troubles of this world.
Just take this whole world, and give me Jesus.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 07:55:07 pm »
m79 is NOT a noob gun. It is quite hard to use against a skilled opponent. In small maps it owns and in large ones it fails.
I say leave it. I personally dont like using it (Or barret) but I know how to beat it (Synopsis below:)

How to beat m79:
STAY OUT OF ITS RANGE :O OMGW00F. PARTY

And to you T-Bone. Giving start up time to autos would totally kill them because the only way to use an auto is either firing in bursts or firing each shot off individually. Start up time would kill them.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 12:25:21 am »
If m79 had a delay, people who want the quickest 1 hit kill weapon wouldn't know where to turn.

Good; that's the point exactly. Soldat should be about skill.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 12:27:20 am »
Oh god please, yes, oh god yes oh take me higher YES! PLEASE YES OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yes this should be done.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 10:48:38 pm »
thnx for all of you that want to add delay!  I hope MM will get this message :P

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 02:43:33 am »
I should have elaborated more on my reasoning, though; the idea of a delay is not to prevent the weapon from being used in such a way entirely--I do agree that a player experienced with the weapon could still use it in such a fashion--but the intention is to prevent novice players from latching on to it without at least seriously trying the other weapons.

I suggested long ago on the old forums to make the weapons limited by registration. Lockout the last four weapons on the primary list unless you have a reg key.

People want results, and it's only natural for people just focused on getting kills to choose the weapon that can kill on impact. This is why Barret and M79 are generally called noob weapons, though they'll receive those insults just doing what they do -- killing in one hit. You can argue that many don't use those weapons effectively, but if you and others are complaining as a result of dying to them (which is the case), then it would seem to me that the users are making do well enough to be at least somewhat effective.

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 04:31:21 am »
Is it only me or the poll is abushed?  ???
almost everyone agreed here there's no need for delay but in the poll it's 25 against 15?  :o

M79 shouldn't have delay anyhow and if u did realy abush the scores u should delete it right away (and if u did it's realy lame.)

5th_account

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 07:33:17 am »
Look who's talkin' 'bout ignoring polls now when it's conveniently about his favo ;)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 08:07:12 am »
Is it only me or the poll is abushed? ???
almost everyone agreed here there's no need for delay but in the poll it's 25 against 15? :o

M79 shouldn't have delay anyhow and if u did realy abush the scores u should delete it right away (and if u did it's realy lame.)

HAHA good job - you're the only one that noticed.  I changed it back (was just trying to mess with ya'll).

I suggested long ago on the old forums to make the weapons limited by registration. Lockout the last four weapons on the primary list unless you have a reg key.

This won't happen - all the features available only to those that registered are ones that don't interfer with gameplay.  MM was nice with that.  Certainly it came up to his mind once before that doing something like that might get him more $$$ but that's not what he wanted.

Offline Jessica

• Major(1)
  • Bust a cap in your head, with my MP5!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 10:14:28 pm »
This is just my opinion. Either the M79 needs a tiny delay, or make it so the reload time is a little longer.Or that it does more damage to the user when they use it and blasts somebody when their only 2 feet infront of them lol.

Thank you very much Nick for this userbar!! <3

Offline cr4sh

• Major
  • rawr
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 10:19:48 pm »

I disagree.  It should be easy enough to anticipate when the enemy is about to shoot.

It's fine, just way way way overused

Offline Jessica

• Major(1)
  • Bust a cap in your head, with my MP5!
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 10:43:40 pm »
It's fine, just way way way overused

Well we all know it's way overused :P that's probably the most annoying thing about it!

Thank you very much Nick for this userbar!! <3

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2006, 01:05:03 am »
NO WAY! NO DELAY, NOT EVER! >:(
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Bongobong

• Major(1)
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2006, 05:15:10 am »
people just hate m79 cause it's one shot kill...
it's not that overpowered i think. maybe overused.

but if there's anything people hate more then one shot kill weapons is weapons with delay. is just not fun. just make it slower or less powerfull.

another gun with delay would really make the game crappier.

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2006, 09:11:58 am »
Look who's talkin' 'bout ignoring polls now when it's conveniently about his favo ;)
Heh I ain't ;)
mostly polls aren't right, but when only one side has most of the votes.. ^^
btw, this one is as I've said already, shouldn't be delayed  8)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2006, 10:00:31 am »
Or that it does more damage to the user when they use it and blasts somebody when their only 2 feet infront of them lol.

This is the only thing that absolutely needs correcting as far as I'm concerned. The same for grenades. You should not be able to survive point blank explosions. Really, this is not only "cheap," but it largely dimminishes the usefulness of the chainsaw when you can get away with chainsaw range kills without paying any price yourself.

I wouldn't mind a shorter range and longer reload, either, but that's one of dozens of other topics. :)

Offline Lethal Injection

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2006, 11:34:03 am »
I say we keep it as it is, but make it more lethal to self, since I don't think you take as much damage as your enemy does if you nuke the ground.
"There is always a cloud above, and a cloud next to yours."

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2006, 03:14:28 pm »

but if there's anything people hate more then one shot kill weapons is weapons with delay. is just not fun. just make it slower or less powerfull.

That's not true.  barret used to be instant shoot one hit kill weapon and it got a delay to it.  Those that are good with it aren't bothered too much by that delay since the real need for skill still exists.  If m79 would get a delay only the real pros could still use it effectively.  It will also lower the number of noobs using it!

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2006, 04:45:17 pm »

That's not true. barret used to be instant shoot one hit kill weapon and it got a delay to it. Those that are good with it aren't bothered too much by that delay since the real need for skill still exists. If m79 would get a delay only the real pros could still use it effectively. It will also lower the number of noobs using it!

delay would totally ruin the m79. Its easy enough to dodge as it is......the likelyhood of m79 getting delay is the same as a snowman survivng a trek through the Sahara.

5th_account

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2006, 05:16:51 pm »
There is no likelyhood. I'd rather bankrupt The Coca Cola Company than put delay on M79... well no.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2006, 05:53:55 pm »
There is no likelyhood. I'd rather bankrupt The Coca Cola Company than put delay on M79... well no.

lol...too bad IBC RootBeer Pwns Coca-Cola :P

Offline Noldi

• Camper
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2006, 06:17:48 pm »
NO NO AND NO! M79 shouldn't get a delay because its short range... Just like eagles said in the first page.

5th_account

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 07:14:16 pm »
I'm euro so I have no clue what root beer is :E

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 07:51:29 pm »
YESSS,

this isone of the best ideas ever.

hopefully this will force noobs to discover other and better weapons.
There are other worlds than these

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 09:12:54 pm »
Better weapons like what, a damn MP5?
You americans and european guys only play automatic weapons, you hated the Barrett so much that you added a fucking delay, bink and other shit. Now you hate the M79 and you wanna fuck it too?

Take a look at yourselves... have you seen how fast an MP5 reloads, THAT needs some tweaking.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2006, 10:42:45 pm »
I'm euro so I have no clue what root beer is :E

YOU HAVE NEVER HAD ROOTBEER?!?!?! :o I will mail you a 6 pack!

Offline reckon

• Soldier
  • raccoon!
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2006, 12:47:43 am »
To get on topic, the m79 does not need a damn delay.
What should be emplemented is a server-side weapon restriction so there wouldnt be so many damn people using it in a server.
Swing low, sweet chariot!

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2006, 01:15:27 am »
its either delay both or un-delay barrett.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2006, 06:45:53 am »
its either delay both or un-delay barrett.

The barret has far more speed, the best range of any weapon, and the ability to sail across the map taking out up to three people. The M79 is not equal to the Barret in any way, shape, or form. It doesn't even have a 100% guaranteed kill that the Barret has.

I still don't think delay is the answer, but I guess with a little practice it could be overcome just as the delay is with Barret users. (Barret doesn't even have delay really since you can just hold down the button during the reload phase and get an instant shot :( .) Even with a delay, you'd still get the kamikaze style M79ers running around smacking into the enemy due to having enough from to compensate from the time the enemy is spotted to impact, or due to the Barret (and possibly LAW?) delay bug if kept. It'd likely cut down the number of users which would be great, but it'd definitely would make the weapon less fun. I'd still rather just see increased splash damage for guaranteed selfkill point blank shots. Maybe the game could increase the respawn timer for selfkills as well, which would clear all those kamikaze M79ers littering the maps.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2006, 07:49:02 am »
As long as everyone is complaining about each weapon, the balance is (almost) fine. So far I've seen topics for just about each weapon.

If you want to experiment with delay, that's what *gasp!* weapon mods are for.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2006, 11:51:17 pm »
Hmm i might do just that.. Ill balance a set of weapons and test them with my clan and see if i can find a good mix.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2006, 05:12:24 am »
even if you find a good mix thats truly better than the current one, i doubt MM will implement it. I mean i dont think he would....

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2006, 06:03:23 am »
Well, i now conclude that it shouldnt require a delay.
Moreso the soccom is too underpowered in 1.5b

5th_account

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2006, 06:49:58 am »
Dam joo all. I keep saying there will be no delay on M79, so stop wasting time even discussing about it.

*locks*