Poll

Should M79 have trigger delay like the barret?

yes, add delay
no, leave it

Author Topic: M79 delay?  (Read 17104 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Re: M79 delay?
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 08:07:12 am »
Is it only me or the poll is abushed? ???
almost everyone agreed here there's no need for delay but in the poll it's 25 against 15? :o

M79 shouldn't have delay anyhow and if u did realy abush the scores u should delete it right away (and if u did it's realy lame.)

HAHA good job - you're the only one that noticed.  I changed it back (was just trying to mess with ya'll).

I suggested long ago on the old forums to make the weapons limited by registration. Lockout the last four weapons on the primary list unless you have a reg key.

This won't happen - all the features available only to those that registered are ones that don't interfer with gameplay.  MM was nice with that.  Certainly it came up to his mind once before that doing something like that might get him more $$$ but that's not what he wanted.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Jessica

• Major(1)
  • Bust a cap in your head, with my MP5!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 10:14:28 pm »
This is just my opinion. Either the M79 needs a tiny delay, or make it so the reload time is a little longer.Or that it does more damage to the user when they use it and blasts somebody when their only 2 feet infront of them lol.

Thank you very much Nick for this userbar!! <3

Offline cr4sh

• Major
  • rawr
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 10:19:48 pm »
M79 definately needs a StartUpTime. So people can react before they're blown to pieces.

I disagree.  It should be easy enough to anticipate when the enemy is about to shoot.

It's fine, just way way way overused

Offline Jessica

• Major(1)
  • Bust a cap in your head, with my MP5!
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 10:43:40 pm »
It's fine, just way way way overused

Well we all know it's way overused :P that's probably the most annoying thing about it!

Thank you very much Nick for this userbar!! <3

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2006, 01:05:03 am »
NO WAY! NO DELAY, NOT EVER! >:(
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Bongobong

• Major(1)
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2006, 05:15:10 am »
people just hate m79 cause it's one shot kill...
it's not that overpowered i think. maybe overused.

but if there's anything people hate more then one shot kill weapons is weapons with delay. is just not fun. just make it slower or less powerfull.

another gun with delay would really make the game crappier.

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2006, 09:11:58 am »
Look who's talkin' 'bout ignoring polls now when it's conveniently about his favo ;)
Heh I ain't ;)
mostly polls aren't right, but when only one side has most of the votes.. ^^
btw, this one is as I've said already, shouldn't be delayed  8)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2006, 10:00:31 am »
Or that it does more damage to the user when they use it and blasts somebody when their only 2 feet infront of them lol.

This is the only thing that absolutely needs correcting as far as I'm concerned. The same for grenades. You should not be able to survive point blank explosions. Really, this is not only "cheap," but it largely dimminishes the usefulness of the chainsaw when you can get away with chainsaw range kills without paying any price yourself.

I wouldn't mind a shorter range and longer reload, either, but that's one of dozens of other topics. :)

Offline Lethal Injection

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2006, 11:34:03 am »
I say we keep it as it is, but make it more lethal to self, since I don't think you take as much damage as your enemy does if you nuke the ground.
"There is always a cloud above, and a cloud next to yours."

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2006, 03:14:28 pm »

but if there's anything people hate more then one shot kill weapons is weapons with delay. is just not fun. just make it slower or less powerfull.

That's not true.  barret used to be instant shoot one hit kill weapon and it got a delay to it.  Those that are good with it aren't bothered too much by that delay since the real need for skill still exists.  If m79 would get a delay only the real pros could still use it effectively.  It will also lower the number of noobs using it!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2006, 04:45:17 pm »

That's not true. barret used to be instant shoot one hit kill weapon and it got a delay to it. Those that are good with it aren't bothered too much by that delay since the real need for skill still exists. If m79 would get a delay only the real pros could still use it effectively. It will also lower the number of noobs using it!

delay would totally ruin the m79. Its easy enough to dodge as it is......the likelyhood of m79 getting delay is the same as a snowman survivng a trek through the Sahara.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

5th_account

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2006, 05:16:51 pm »
There is no likelyhood. I'd rather bankrupt The Coca Cola Company than put delay on M79... well no.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2006, 05:53:55 pm »
There is no likelyhood. I'd rather bankrupt The Coca Cola Company than put delay on M79... well no.

lol...too bad IBC RootBeer Pwns Coca-Cola :P
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Noldi

• Camper
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2006, 06:17:48 pm »
NO NO AND NO! M79 shouldn't get a delay because its short range... Just like eagles said in the first page.

5th_account

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 07:14:16 pm »
I'm euro so I have no clue what root beer is :E

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 07:51:29 pm »
YESSS,

this isone of the best ideas ever.

hopefully this will force noobs to discover other and better weapons.
There are other worlds than these

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 09:12:54 pm »
Better weapons like what, a damn MP5?
You americans and european guys only play automatic weapons, you hated the Barrett so much that you added a fucking delay, bink and other shit. Now you hate the M79 and you wanna fuck it too?

Take a look at yourselves... have you seen how fast an MP5 reloads, THAT needs some tweaking.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2006, 10:42:45 pm »
I'm euro so I have no clue what root beer is :E

YOU HAVE NEVER HAD ROOTBEER?!?!?! :o I will mail you a 6 pack!

Offline reckon

• Soldier
  • raccoon!
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2006, 12:47:43 am »
To get on topic, the m79 does not need a damn delay.
What should be emplemented is a server-side weapon restriction so there wouldnt be so many damn people using it in a server.
Swing low, sweet chariot!

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2006, 01:15:27 am »
its either delay both or un-delay barrett.