Poll

Should M79 have trigger delay like the barret?

yes, add delay
no, leave it

Author Topic: M79 delay?  (Read 17109 times)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: M79 delay?
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2006, 06:45:53 am »
its either delay both or un-delay barrett.

The barret has far more speed, the best range of any weapon, and the ability to sail across the map taking out up to three people. The M79 is not equal to the Barret in any way, shape, or form. It doesn't even have a 100% guaranteed kill that the Barret has.

I still don't think delay is the answer, but I guess with a little practice it could be overcome just as the delay is with Barret users. (Barret doesn't even have delay really since you can just hold down the button during the reload phase and get an instant shot :( .) Even with a delay, you'd still get the kamikaze style M79ers running around smacking into the enemy due to having enough from to compensate from the time the enemy is spotted to impact, or due to the Barret (and possibly LAW?) delay bug if kept. It'd likely cut down the number of users which would be great, but it'd definitely would make the weapon less fun. I'd still rather just see increased splash damage for guaranteed selfkill point blank shots. Maybe the game could increase the respawn timer for selfkills as well, which would clear all those kamikaze M79ers littering the maps.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2006, 07:49:02 am »
As long as everyone is complaining about each weapon, the balance is (almost) fine. So far I've seen topics for just about each weapon.

If you want to experiment with delay, that's what *gasp!* weapon mods are for.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2006, 11:51:17 pm »
Hmm i might do just that.. Ill balance a set of weapons and test them with my clan and see if i can find a good mix.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2006, 05:12:24 am »
even if you find a good mix thats truly better than the current one, i doubt MM will implement it. I mean i dont think he would....
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2006, 06:03:23 am »
Well, i now conclude that it shouldnt require a delay.
Moreso the soccom is too underpowered in 1.5b

5th_account

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2006, 06:49:58 am »
Dam joo all. I keep saying there will be no delay on M79, so stop wasting time even discussing about it.

*locks*