Author Topic: Anyone else notice  (Read 6958 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Anyone else notice
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 06:47:35 pm »
yeah some minis lagged a server that i get low ping on ;_;
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 05:13:28 pm »
YES!
Nearly every server I go on nowadays has a minigun user if not more and they're good with em...

Offline Beasticly

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 10:21:51 pm »
Minigun spray can be pretty awesome if there are 3 or more people using it on a larger map.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 03:13:03 am »
I don't think there's been a rise in the minimi usage, but the ones using it have definitely gotten better. Such oponents are so much more effective these days. I tend to use it as well, since it's amazingly good at holding the other team at bay(as said above).

As for the minigun, the way I see it, it's a fun-weapon. People using it more and more is just a sign of being more relaxed about the hole soldat thing, instead of being so focused on simply raising your score. It's a mental thing, really. Diving deep into the human psyche allows us to understand the pattern developing when playing impulsive, yet simple games such as soldat. Somehow along our quest for the highest rank, we tend to get bored with just killing.. Now we suddently feel drawn to the "moments". What I mean by that, is instead of being number one all the time, you wanna live out the moments where you feel like, "Woah, 4 vs. me, and i nailed'em". The moments where people go like, "w00t, HAX!"... The minigun is kinda hard to use, so being godlike with this particular somehow spreads the word: "You might as well disconnect"
Or the mimigun being used more could just be a coincidence.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:14:56 am by echo_trail »
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 04:34:03 am »
either people are finguring out how to use it. Or soldat has suddenly attracted new people who see the biggest gun and go "OMFG THAT ONE IS THE BEST!!!!"
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Beasticly

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 04:46:15 am »
Or soldat has suddenly attracted new people who see the biggest gun and go "OMFG THAT ONE IS THE BEST!!!!"

Seriously, who didn't do that when they first started playing? :P

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 10:21:30 am »
I hate the minigun, the only use i found for it was that you can hover over ppl when you run out of jet fuel, i think there is a rise in m79's personally, as for the minigun, there are just more noobs that happen to be ok with the mini.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 10:27:19 am »
Or soldat has suddenly attracted new people who see the biggest gun and go "OMFG THAT ONE IS THE BEST!!!!"

Seriously, who didn't do that when they first started playing? :P

I know I did. :) It just looks so incredibly powerful. Also neat to see it sticking up on your back when you switch it out for the secondary weapon. It still is fun to get in someone's face and unload until he's dead.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 11:15:54 am »
Yeh I did see a couple people using the minigun in U13's PM server, they definitely weren't good though. They were usually dead before they got off more than 10 bullets.

Lies! I pwned you with Mini that day :P