Author Topic: grenade fix  (Read 6982 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
grenade fix
« on: June 15, 2006, 12:18:58 pm »
Remember in the older version when you would fire a grenade and it would hit yourself?  Well Michal fixed that by adding some time before the grenade would be able to collide with any player.  The problem with that is that if the enemy is right in front of you and you want to kill him the grenade won't explode on him because of this fix.  My suggestion is to only make the grenade not collide with the player who threw it!  That way it won't explode on yourself but it can explode point blank on an enemy (though it will cause you some damage).
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: grenade fix
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:24:23 pm »
I remember that bug.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 12:28:11 pm »
so you mean for that short time it wont collide with you or it will never collide with you?

i totally agree though! I was wondering why I couldn't hit people with grenades! grr.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 01:11:19 pm »
only for that short time.  instead of makign it so it doens't collide with anyone for those miliseconds, it should be changed so that it doens't collide with the thrower for the same time - with others it can collide.

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 01:31:30 pm »
I support this
This person is a twat.

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 01:33:02 pm »
lol i remember throwing nades so fast the only one dieing was me ^^

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 02:48:22 pm »
I don't support this. Nades are already strong enough, they need such avoidable weaknesses like what we have.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 03:15:05 pm »
I don't support this. Nades are already strong enough, they need such avoidable weaknesses like what we have.

your reason is mainly for balancing...  That's just unrealistic!  Grenades are very well balanced imo - no need to change them - just need to make them more reasonable.

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 07:49:07 pm »
If you're hitting someone with the thing at that kind of range, then you're gonna die anyway; thus, I don't see anything really wrong here.
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:57 am »
no you will just get a little damage

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 01:00:43 pm »
yes, only some damage - but isn't it better to get a kill for a death?  Afterall, grenades at such short range are usually used when you run out of better options (such as your gun (when you're reloading)) and are desperate to give a last effort to kill your enemy...

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 03:32:56 pm »
Nice idea, I support it.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 04:38:44 pm »

That's just stupid. It's simply annoying when the grenade doesn't explode on the victim.

A game shouldn't be annoying.

Annoys should be removed.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:41 pm »
People find ways to complain about every idea.  ::)
This person is a twat.

Offline Meganutter

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 06:48:42 pm »
i find the nade okay, the only annoying thing is... you threw a grenade, forgot where it was and run over it like an idiot BOOM you killed yourself

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 06:50:09 pm »
i think a more pressing issue is stability with nades, predicting the damage of a grinade is useless, i killed myself with one grinade from full health and the guy who had the direct hit did not die. that is the real issue here, stability
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 12:10:58 pm »
No, this would make nade spamming a more powerful tactic, because you wouldn't have to avoid the nades yourself.

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 12:22:26 pm »
No, this would make nade spamming a more powerful tactic, because you wouldn't have to avoid the nades yourself.
You misunderstand, they still explode when they touch you.
This person is a twat.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 12:24:37 pm »
no its about having your nades go through you, so if you throw it directly up, it could fall through you, that wouldnt change anything celatid
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 01:26:37 pm »
In 1.2.1, grenades always collided with everyone, no matter what. Sometimes they collide with yourself because you would throw it and you'd be going faster than the grenade, and you'd catch up with it. MM fixed this by added a short timer that would prevent the grenade from colliding with ANY player for a split second or two. What zyxstand is proposing is that instead of not colliding with ANY player for a split second or two, the grenade shouldn't collide with the THROWER for a split second or two.
This person is a twat.