Author Topic: Bot Questions  (Read 1740 times)

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
Bot Questions
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:18:56 pm »
1. Is it possible for bots to call names? Like i know there's already a "Die <name>!" bot chat by default. Can I place that in my bot's other chats? like "<name> is hacking!", "I hate you <name>!!", or "stfu <name>"

2. Multiple phrases. I read in a older post that when editing bots you can write Chat_Kill= multiple times and the game will pick one of the phrases at random. I was unable to perform this as soldat won't read my bot file. Even while using the /addbot command. Has this ever been clarified? Can it work?

3. Any way to get the bots chat to be listed at the top of the screen? I am able to see it when i join a server with bots. How can I list the bots chat myself? I also noticed that the bot chat is listed at the top if you use ^ (caret key) in front of their chat to resemble team chat. Of course its yellow like normal team chat, but I want the normal 'everyone' chat to show up.

4. Any way to Change the bots default chat? I know they say things like "Flag!" when they see the flag, or "Die <name>!" when they spot someone. I want to change it to "^Return the flag!" or "omg <name> is gay!"

<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Bot Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 02:23:36 pm »
1 eludes me. 2, I personally haven't tried it but Mistercharles is a solid, reliable member ;) I'm sure it works. 3, I don't think there currently is a way. 4 is probably hardcoded and unchangeable.

scg_912

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 02:25:16 pm »
U can do that with Soldat Bot Maker but u need to create a bot,then u can write whatever u want them to say

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 04:43:19 pm »
I use soldat bot creator/editor currently. I am aware you can make them chat for:

Kill
Die
Low Health
See Enemy
Winning

But by default all bots are given the phrase "Die <whateveryournameis>!" when they see an enemy and "Flag!" when they see the flag. I want to be able to change these jauns

And I've tested #2 once before, and i couldnt get it to work. Anyone able to work it?
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:47:21 pm »
Soldat bots will automatically shout "Die <insert target's name here>!"  If you find the .txt file with that text prompt and change it, you can make your bots yell other things at you, but only that one thing.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.