Author Topic: Skill Level Degradation  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
Skill Level Degradation
« on: October 21, 2006, 04:37:01 pm »
I find, as of recent, I have been slowly declining in skill.   :'(

I don't know if I'm imagining it or something, but I definetly seem to be getting the top score less and less frequently.  Heck, I usually can't even cap these days.  It takes me a full clip or two from my AUG to kill someone sometimes...

What do you guys do when this happens to you?  Take a break?  Train intensivley?
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline reckon

• Soldier
  • raccoon!
Re: Skill Level Degradation
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 04:42:45 pm »
Switch to a new wep?
After time, Ill grow stagnant with a weapon and Ill lose my niche with it.
Happened with the spas, just happened to the aug, now Im using the mp5.
Switching weapons allows me to keep things fresh and every weapon changes my plan of attack so I have to change accordingly.
Also if I use a new weapon, if I switch back to my old ones, I find that im more precise with those as well.
Swing low, sweet chariot!

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 05:30:09 pm »
I've noticed that I have a tendency to get sloppy with my favorite weapon (Deagles).  My solution?  Every few weeks, I go 1 on 1 with Boogie Man and take careful single shots at medium range.  You may be surprised how lousy your aim has gotten, but it doesn't take long to fix your habits.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 05:42:17 pm »
Can I see a demo of you playing? Movement style is often linked to accuracy.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 06:46:38 pm »
Play less hours per day, trust me, it works.

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 06:58:39 pm »
Switch to a new wep?
Switching weapons allows me to keep things fresh and every weapon changes my plan of attack so I have to change accordingly.
Also if I use a new weapon, if I switch back to my old ones, I find that im more precise with those as well.

Theres also another way to fix that problem, use all the guns like I do :D

also, I think there are more and more good players playing on the servers you play in, go to a rtandom server and play the noobs on it, it makes you feel better xD

Offline Zero

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 07:16:02 pm »
Switch to a new wep?
I find that helps a lot

Also Brock all that HW is probally getting to you, maybe take a break from all that school stuff
True warriors know the destructiveness of power-and how and when to use it.

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 07:23:53 pm »
Sometimes the weather makes me play worse.  When it's colder, I find that a miss a lot.  So basically, be warm and comfortable when you play.
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 07:29:17 pm »
I've been going through a similar thing today with my MP5 Brock. Mainly cause of hangover (****ty excuse lol), but I'm gonna get some rest.  Also i think stress makes you play worse.....i defiantly have noticed i suck when i have a lot of crap on my mind.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 08:21:42 pm »
No, I have no idea of what you speak. :( I do think I'm a bit worse at the M79 than I used to be having moved from it, and while I still think I'm pretty good with it, I do find myself missing some easy shots that used to be second nature. The Socom also seems foreign to me having not used it in the longest time, and going back to it today for a bit after a year I found myself unable to kill anyone with it when I had to switch to the secondary. :(

Offline Blazing Tiger

• Major(1)
  • lolwut
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 09:08:06 pm »
This has happened to me quite a few times, but more frequently on 1.21 for some odd reason. I just switch to MP5 for a few days (which I don't understand why I just use that instead of AK, it's better in 1.3 now...) And then switch back. Gold.
IGN: Anal Glaucoma

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 10:35:04 pm »
tip: don't switch your mods around to much...play with a mod that you feel good with. I find a mod with crappy sounds makes me play bad....a mod with good sounds...and I play better.
Just another soul to burn.

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 01:29:28 am »
Play less hours per day, trust me, it works.

quoted for truth.  After two hours of playing soldat I tend to lose focus and not play my best. 

Switching weapons can also help (as previously mentioned) because it forces you to think about what you're doing instead of just lolly gagging around.

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 02:55:17 am »
What I usually do, is stay off of soldat for weeks on end, then go on the weekend and play for like 5 hours straight. :-\

I think maybe taking a break from it for a while might help.  Also, get my HW done before I play.

Thanks for the tips, guys :)
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Mr. Saw

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 08:59:32 am »
I start playing on non-full screen, and after a while of horrible play go back to full screen. Then, HOLY %^$& that target is big.
Killing Mr. Domino since 2006.

Lame signatures since falling down stairs.

Whale pingle brain damage ding.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 09:27:48 am »
It has happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was playing maple story all the time and ignored soldat. Then I got tired of Maple Story and I ran soldat. I just found a random pub DM server and started blasting away with the socom.  I just felt Godlike owning those people with socom and thesy couldn't even hit me  . Then I switched to mp5 and I got 50 kills and 10 deaths. I was like OMGWTF
and I couldn't believe my eyes. So the solution is : play a game of different genre like some more tactical game and when it becomes boring you'll want to just kill people without thinking.

Also if you paly r/s alot you wil become more careful and have less deaths. You just have to forget falling damage cause if you play r/s alot it will come as a habbit and you won't get riod of it

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 09:57:42 am »
It's probably also because you probably play in well recognized servers such as u13.  Where a lot of names appear fairly often.  With other people who actually know how to shoot a gun out and about, it actually takes a bit of skill to get kills and cap flags.

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 10:55:23 am »
Happens to me quite often and I know the trick. It often helps me a lot.

Play a different game.

I am serious, I dont mean permanantly of course, but one time i sucked at soldat terribly, and playing it more and more only made me more angry. I then settled for some Tony Hawk, and then came back to soldat a few hours later.

Wha-BAM!

Soldat ownage once again.

However some games make me suck at soldat more. The more i play counterstrike, or doom1 or doom2, I am horrible at soldat. But If i play tonyhawk or actually go outside on my skateboard, I will be better at soldat. I dunno what it is, but If i take my focus off the game for a while and then come back to it, I own. Try it, It should help.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 10:57:00 am by papercut »
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 12:08:41 pm »
you could do one of two things, you could stop playing for a few days or so, or you could get a mod, im serious the mods really make the game like new and you do a lot better once you are used to the mod.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 07:18:35 pm »
I start playing on non-full screen, and after a while of horrible play go back to full screen. Then, HOLY %^$& that target is big.

Haha, makes sense. :)