Author Topic: Chainsaw Idea  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
Chainsaw Idea
« on: October 21, 2006, 08:48:54 pm »
Hey, have you ever noticed that the Chainsaw is pretty much the least used weapon?  It's melee, and in a world of rifles and guns, being melee kinda stinks.

So, I propose...

A ricocheting effect.  Everytime you click the fire button, or every 1 second the chainsaw is running (which ever is faster), you will deflect a bullet.  This will not protect against explosives, and bullets from behind/top/bottom.

I know, I know, a chainsaw can't deflect bullets!  But when has Soldat been realistic?

Damage increase.  This, I think, is pretty important.  The Chainsaw does not register well, and when it does, it only takes away like 9/10's of their life, and although that may seem to be a lot, keep in mind that it takes like years to actually get a chance to get up close.
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Chainsaw Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 08:57:18 pm »
Seeing as how I use the chainsaw frequently, I'd have to disagree.  If you know how and when to use the saw these suggestions are pretty moot.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 09:05:33 pm »
Been suggested before, and an unecessary feature. As Geo said, the chainsaw is plenty powerful enough when used properly.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 09:30:47 pm »
Seeing as how I use the chainsaw frequently

especially behind crates in warehouse  >:(
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 09:31:36 pm »
Hey, it's not my fault if people never learn.  That's just one example of where to use the saw.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 09:33:08 pm »
Hey, it's not my fault if people never learn.  That's just one example of where to use the saw.

Oh, i learn just fine.....its the remembering i tend to struggle with....again and again.....and again
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline David S7

• Major
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 12:52:52 am »
Disagree with this idea.
As some have said before, if you know how to use it you will sure kill many people.

Offline cr4sh

• Major
  • rawr
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 12:55:30 am »
if you change the saw, it won't be the saw we all know and love.  Simple logic