Author Topic: Random Weapon  (Read 2688 times)

Joako

Random Weapon
« on: October 21, 2006, 10:15:24 pm »
Pretty simple to code...

Just make a new slot in the weapons menu that selects a random weapon.

I'd LOVE this. Like ALOT.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: Random Weapon
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 10:25:03 pm »
There used to be a program that would randomly select a weapon for you, but I can't find it anywhere.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Joako

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:21:58 pm »
There used to be a program that would randomly select a weapon for you, but I can't find it anywhere.

Woo any programmers out there up to this?

Date Posted: October 21, 2006, 11:29:11 PM
No one else that likes to use different weapons think this is a great idea?

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 03:48:13 am »
I support this idea.

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 04:39:18 am »

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 02:51:49 pm »
this sounds pretty cool....reminds me of fiesta from halo2 where you spawn with a different weapon after each death.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 02:54:09 pm »
sounds cool i gues,, you could even have a random weapon game option like on halo 2.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 02:57:27 pm »
sounds cool i gues,, you could even have a random weapon game option like on halo 2.

that would be cool, but i geuss you could just TELL everyone to set it on random (the telling wouldnt work in pubbies though :/)
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 03:26:06 pm »
I doubt it would work period, so i would like it if it was a choice for server and weapon chose. I say go for it.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 05:08:14 pm »
I like this.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

ArmedManiac

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 05:10:17 pm »
Now what we need is to know if this is programable. I like it and there is no real bad thing.

Joako

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 05:15:17 pm »
I like this.

:o

That guy is my idol, he owns at playing Soldat.

Anyways, I'm confident it must be VERY easy to program... So, anyone got any strings they can pull to get this on 1.3.2?

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 06:58:15 pm »
This is a good idea, but do realize that people can just /kill themselves until they win the weapon lottery. It'll only really be effective on servers that track stats and for those players who care about it. Majors and others will still flood the maps with Barrets and M79s.

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 07:01:29 pm »
This is a good idea, but do realize that people can just /kill themselves until they win the weapon lottery. It'll only really be effective on servers that track stats and for those players who care about it. Majors and others will still flood the maps with Barrets and M79s.
But they'll be on the bottom of the list for having so many deaths (it'd probably take like 6-8 to get a Barrett/M79)
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 12:35:01 am »
Hootie hoo, this suggestion deals with another selection in the weapon menu, namely "Random Weapon," respectively. It's not a game mode; there's already Advance Mode for that. :P Mr. Domino is saying that people who would use the random function will still be swamped out by players who consistently choose weapons 7 & 8.

BTW, I support, although I kinda find it the same to just close your eyes and randomly click or spontaneously push a keyboard # without looking ;D

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 03:48:44 am »
Hootie hoo, this suggestion deals with another selection in the weapon menu, namely "Random Weapon," respectively. It's not a game mode; there's already Advance Mode for that. :P Mr. Domino is saying that people who would use the random function will still be swamped out by players who consistently choose weapons 7 & 8.

I thought Mr. Domino was saying that in the event of everyone being 'forced' to have a random weapon, they would keep killing themselves until they get the weapon they wanted. Why would they do that if they could choose anyway? And even if they took the time to get an m79 or barret every time, they'd spend so much time doing that that there wouldn't be any swamping at all. :)

Anyway, the option to have a weapon chosen at random certainly seems like a good idea. It's always nice to have some variety when you get bored of using a particular weapon, and this is a nice way to get that.

edit: the forced random weapon for all players sounds pretty cool too.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:51:26 am by -Vis- »

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 05:31:36 am »
I was thinking in terms of ArmedManiac's post saying it should be a server option. I completely agree that it should, but there would still be a workaround even if it's forced. People can kill themselves, switch teams, and exit and rejoin the server multiple times. These players' inactivity would hurt their team, too, though I guess repeated offenders could be kicked as a result.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 03:16:37 pm »
I was thinking in terms of ArmedManiac's post saying it should be a server option. I completely agree that it should, but there would still be a workaround even if it's forced. People can kill themselves, switch teams, and exit and rejoin the server multiple times. These players' inactivity would hurt their team, too, though I guess repeated offenders could be kicked as a result.
If they are gonna do that, then they would just not play one with random weap on, plus, then they get killed and have to repeat process again and again and get kicked for doing nothing the whole game.

Joako

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 03:49:49 pm »
So, conclusion:

Another slot in the weapons menu that you can choose, gives you a random weapon.

A server option that forces random weapons for everyone. (Thinking about it, this would also encourage grabbing people's weapons of the ground which I find fun :>)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 03:56:07 pm »
this sounds pretty cool....reminds me of fiesta from halo2 where you spawn with a different weapon after each death.
please actually read things, i know it is hard, but do it please.

I actually really like this idea, what number would the quick option be? ~?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan