Author Topic: Double Weapons Mode  (Read 8157 times)

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
Double Weapons Mode
« on: June 15, 2006, 01:29:50 pm »
Basically, a game mode (like realistic or survival or advance), where you can get your choice of any two weapons, even 2 primaries. You could take a spas and a barret, or double steyrs, or if you're feeling particularly suicidal, double LAWs. This would allow for all kinds of new strategies. Well, what do y'all think?
This person is a twat.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Double Weapons Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:36:34 pm »
If you are suggesting that you want an option where you can hold two weapons at once:
>How the hell are you gonna manage that?

If you are suggesting that you want an option where you can have two primary weapons:
>Already possible.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 01:42:15 pm »
If you are suggesting that you want an option where you can have two primary weapons:
>Already possible.
I mean that you SPAWN with 2 primarys, NOT dual wielding. It's sort of just luck to have someone fly up to you and hope he has the primary that you want, and you have to stop moving to take the gun. I'd like it so that you choose your two weapons upon spawning.
This person is a twat.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 01:44:03 pm »
yea some people can't read.

this is a great idea.

see if you can make a poll for it. i'd love to be able to use barrett and maybe mp5 or something, mix and match, this'll be fun. or auto+minigun use the second one to either finish off enemies or bink enemies.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 01:48:10 pm »
I mean that you SPAWN with 2 primarys, NOT dual wielding. It's sort of just luck to have someone fly up to you and hope he has the primary that you want, and you have to stop moving to take the gun. I'd like it so that you choose your two weapons upon spawning.

Why can't it be an option instead of a game mode?

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 03:31:20 pm »
Why can't it be an option instead of a game mode?
Basically, a game mode (like realistic or survival or advance)
what's the difference?
This person is a twat.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 03:39:25 pm »
Oh, you misused the term.  Never mind.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:16:24 pm »
part of the skill in the game is to kill and then use the enemy's weapon.  Spawning with two guns gives you a too unfair advantage.  There was a good reason why MM implemented 'weaker' secondary weapons...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 05:17:40 pm »
i think that if you want to have two primaries, you should earn one of them.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 05:55:58 pm »
Oh, you misused the term.  Never mind.
Not really, it's called "realistic mode", "survival mode", and "advance mode".

part of the skill in the game is to kill and then use the enemy's weapon.  Spawning with two guns gives you a too unfair advantage.  There was a good reason why MM implemented 'weaker' secondary weapons...
Unfair? Everyone has the same advantage, how is that unfair? A good reason, yes, because it's fun that way. It's also fun a different way.
This person is a twat.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 05:58:50 pm »
Oh, you misused the term. Never mind.
Not really, it's called "realistic mode", "survival mode", and "advance mode".

part of the skill in the game is to kill and then use the enemy's weapon. Spawning with two guns gives you a too unfair advantage. There was a good reason why MM implemented 'weaker' secondary weapons...
Unfair? Everyone has the same advantage, how is that unfair? A good reason, yes, because it's fun that way. It's also fun a different way.

for ea:  those aren't game modes - ctf is a game mode, deathmatch is a game mode, realistic is a mode, yes, but not a game mode!
for me:  when i say unfair, imagine the HK being a one-hit kill weapon - everyone has the same advantage so it's even, but it's totally not balanced --- and that's what i meant.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Celatid

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 06:05:29 pm »
for ea:  those aren't game modes - ctf is a game mode, deathmatch is a game mode, realistic is a mode, yes, but not a game mode!
Yeah, I guess that's true.

for me:  when i say unfair, imagine the HK being a one-hit kill weapon - everyone has the same advantage so it's even, but it's totally not balanced --- and that's what i meant.
That's because all the other weapons wouldn't be equal to it. The weapons would remain the same. Picking up a second weapon isn't even that huge of an advantage in a normal game against people who only have secondaries. Some secondaries are more dangerous than most primaries in the right hands. If you've ever played against good knifers and sawers, you know what I'm talking about.  Even the socom is quite dangerous.
This person is a twat.

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 08:07:11 pm »
Thing is, you're going to end up with lots and lots of people using Ruger + Barret, or M79 + MP5.

Basically, there are certain combinations of weapons that are simply too effective when you put them together to allow them to be used without the risks involved in acquiring them mid-combat.
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 08:11:39 pm »
You could always make it a pickup, so when you pick it up you get a gun that you predefined in your settings. When it wears off or you die, it's replaced by your secondary.

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 09:21:26 pm »
i think that if you want to have two primaries, you should earn one of them.
True that!

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline doom290

• Major(1)
  • See this? It pwns you.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 09:52:47 pm »
This is alredy possible... first drop your gun at spwn piont. kill yourself. then, drop secondary weapon and pick up primary. u now have 2 primarys. this is ho i use 2 miniguns ;D
I eat pizza with a chocolate milkshake. The milkshake is free watch *crap on the floor* want some?

Moral: Never get milkshakes for free

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 12:28:42 am »
complaints against dual barret campers would flood the forums.

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 02:49:05 am »
This is alredy possible... first drop your gun at spwn piont. kill yourself. then, drop secondary weapon and pick up primary. u now have 2 primarys. this is ho i use 2 miniguns ;D

Yes, everyone knows, that's not what he's asking for.

Celatid, I've actually come up with this exact same idea before, I think it's an awesome addition :) I'd call it 'Commando' mode. I think I only suggested it years ago, I really hope Michal implements it though. By the way...

"Oh no, MP5 + M79 / Ruger + Barret / Barret + Barret is too powerful!" - simple solution...don't play the mode. I never play advance mode but I sure as hell know lots of other people do. Adding this will not ruin the game for you because its entirely optional, so be nice and show support so Michal adds it to the next version :D

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 04:36:28 am »
Sounds interresting. however it is a very unlikely concept. Yes as in spawning with two primary weapons would be a new idea.

But no because, well lets face it, it u want another primary weapon shoot a man then nick it! You have to work for it! Besides the secondary weapons play an important tactical part in the game.

Somebody with a barret and mp5 would be a difficult foe to bring down. Thats hat the soccom is for!

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 05:29:52 am »
BAAAD ideaaa....

just pick up another weap..