WHICH GAME MODE

Death Match
28 (68.3%)
Pointmatch
9 (22%)
Rambomatch
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Michal Has Approved Tourney, He has Posted-Last Page  (Read 10267 times)

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
Re: Michal Has Approved Tourney, He has Posted-Last Page
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2006, 09:52:42 pm »
Either way i could really care less, We need reputations with Cash Prizes, and we thought we could do it here. And it doesn't work like that.

If Michals host won't allow him to take money from his database users and he does he could go to jail like i've said you have to be with the law to do stuff like this, but no the only person we would need to give the money to would be Michal he's the owner or one of his Admin staff either way we just want our names on this tourney, saying we held it ran it and delt with the money whether we deal with the money we just need to allow peolpe to trust us. And peolpe like this don't help.. You can send your money to Michal thats fine we jsut want our names all over this "meaning this is our tourney e set it up and everything so if you want to do that then we can arrange that".

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2006, 10:08:32 pm »
Alright then.

Where will the servers be located?
What kind of connection will they be on?
Are you going to use a Soldat hosting company for the servers?

Either way i could really care less, We need reputations with Cash Prizes, and we thought we could do it here. And it doesn't work like that.

If Michals host won't allow him to take money from his database users and he does he could go to jail like i've said you have to be with the law to do stuff like this, but no the only person we would need to give the money to would be Michal he's the owner or one of his Admin staff either way we just want our names on this tourney, saying we held it ran it and delt with the money whether we deal with the money we just need to allow peolpe to trust us. And peolpe like this don't help.. You can send your money to Michal thats fine we jsut want our names all over this "meaning this is our tourney e set it up and everything so if you want to do that then we can arrange that".

So you're saying that you just want to run this to get publicity? And you want as much money from us as possibly to get that publicity?

EDIT: POST FASTER.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:13:32 pm by Nfsjunkie91 »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2006, 10:26:32 pm »
FG Owner. Grammar may not matter in any usual event, but this is not any usual event. If you want to be professional, especially in hosting a commercial tournament which is partially for your profit, you would present yourself professionally and at least use a spellcheck program with your posts.

And to be honest, if I were you I would just give up (I'm not trying to be mean, I seriously would). So many people here already oppose the idea, it appears :-\

Offline .:B!LLG4TE$:.

• Major(1)
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2006, 11:04:50 pm »
Hatttterrrsss >_>

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2006, 11:11:00 pm »
i think you should put an option of none on the poll so you can see how many aren't going to play

8)
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2006, 11:28:55 pm »
Hatttterrrsss >_>

You can stop kissing ass now, Mr. StaffOnFGSite.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2006, 11:32:10 pm »

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2006, 11:51:20 pm »
Well were also kinda working writing up rules, Its not like this is our only arena that we do

He's one of the staff, apparently.

FG Owner.  You think it doesn't matter how you present yourself?  Doesn't matter if you don't cross your t's or dot the i's?  Think again.

Even internet tourneys are a business.  As a business, image is everything.  What goes hand in hand with delivering a quality image is a quality product.  As a few people have pointed out in detail, there are a few things lacking with your quality.

If you want to do a tourney for Soldat, you have to keep a few things in mind.  Rules are key, for starters.  So why not go about figuring out the rules of the event before creating the event itself?

Second is credibility.  No one has heard of you here.  What's more, if you put forth the image that it doesn't matter how you write or act, your cause is legit...people tend to doubt you.  I would be one of them at the moment.  If you honestly went to see someone in the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce of Internet Affairs, perhaps you could give us the contact information so we could verify your claims once and for all?  Should be an easy thing to do - this sort of thing doesn't happen without contact info and a way for concerned consumers to get in touch via the proper channels.

If you honestly want to defend what you're doing here, then abide by what we say.  Become familiar with the game before you hold a tourney for it, or better yet, get people who are active with the game and can actually spot hacks and misconduct to mod.  No offense, but staffers who are just now becoming familiar with the game are in no position to moderate a tournament.  What's more, just because your AOL account was your first account is nothing but sentimental idealism.  No one cares what your first account is, go through a legit means of securing peoples cash.  If some medium was actually agreed upon then that's just fine, although Flies is very busy as is.

You stand to benefit from this.  Step up to the plate and prove you're legit, because words are somewhat meaningless.  Especially when you can't even spell them properly.

Edit: Funny...I've been looking through the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce website, but I can't find anything about a South Carolina Chamber of Commerce of Internet Affairs, or anything similar.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:02:30 am by The Geologist »
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Full_Metal_Wolf

• Major
  • Metal_Wolf
    • Metal's Blog(Generally NSFW)
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2006, 12:02:25 am »
Bad grammar...meh...I wouldn't dare join a tourney for 5 bucks,even if that  is cheap...every once in a while I miss a space,but that is because my space bar is missing one of the two springs inside of it.(The two tiny little ones)
Yeah...after reading Geo's short essay,(Very well written might I add:) ) I have to say I agree.  Give proof,and people may get interested.May, as in probably not.
"I do not move out of the way!"
"Paul, I...I...I thought you were a GEP gun."

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2006, 09:26:21 am »
You can't find that one a website. That's like calling a in a complaint on a business and asking for the guys name that's calling in,  that's illegal only the owner of a business has the right to view his or her site name on a local website, any any state.. So if i wanted to make us known to be a part of the SCC IA, then i would call in and say please put as a Secure Site letting to be know from the

http://www.scattorneygeneral.org/public/index.php    

so until you actually check up on some things please don't bullsh*t something that you can't win or even understand, your trying to prove that i have not gone and got my legal rights to do this, and if not then why am i even still trying.  Well that would only be because i don't like to be called a scammer and a scammer would have given up o lets say a hole 4 pages ago. So don't quesion my knowledge on the Law and what we are about, cause I can tell you know you'll lose that battle and this LIKE I'VE SAID PLENTY OF TIMES WAS NOT THE REAL THING I CAN SWEAR I HAVE SAID THAT LIKE 100 TIMES, I ONLY POSTED SOME INFO TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE WOULD THINK ABOUT IT, SO READ, DON'T HAVE AS* READ MY STUFF THEN CLICK REPLY REALLY FAST THEN NOT READ THE OTHER HALF.

Cause then i have to repeat myself like 900 times. Michal told me to post something about it then you will get what you need. So again please get all the facts from all the post be making assumptions. And like i've said we won't even do this if your that got your self thinking that much that we are scamers, but we will try to host a none cash tourney then come back later to redo this some other time. But untill then have fun..

Offline EOT

• Major
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2006, 09:54:19 am »
We'll lose? If you haven't still realized you wont get this tourney on and you'r the only one here who's going to lose somethin', if you still have something to lose...

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2006, 11:16:01 am »
FG, u seem to miss something here... u want to have this tournament, so u are the one who will have to prove this is for real. Were not the ones that will have to prove the tournament is fake or not. So far i havent seen much real proof for it being real, therefore i wont join now... if u give some decent information about rules and other stuff, i might change my mind :)

Also, keep it easy with the caps. Its not like we cant read normal letters here.

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2006, 01:21:37 pm »
I have nothing to lose here, we were trying to get this going to give somthing to Michal there is no other way we can prove this the only thing we can do is make you give all your money to Michal that is it. So if you can't od that then this tourney will not be held.

Otherwise don't say stuff like that about a site like we are scamers unless you have actually proof, cause i have given all the info i can give about us being legit so there is nothing more i can do, except see if you all will pay Michal your money.

And we can go from there, but we still need a certain amount of players thats the bottom lin we are trying to offer as much as we can to Soldat, and if you can't even do that then that jsut shows how much you appreciate Michal even making this game and you trying to give somthing back to him. But thats your choice again..

Thats it thats all we can offer you send all your money to Michal so accept it or deny it thats it..

Offline EOT

• Major
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2006, 01:33:03 pm »
Send all our money to Michael? I don't think Michael wants that either. Dude stop speaking nonsense, if you didn't get it, you wont get players to your "tourney"

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2006, 01:34:54 pm »
Not saying ur a scammer, im simply stating the fact that u dont really take this very professional. U say it urself... u dont have anything to lose. We however have 5 bucks to lose if we compete in this, so we would like to see some clear stuff before we actually join this :)

Offline Zero

• Soldier
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2006, 01:35:16 pm »
Guys stop downgrading what FG says. He's only trying to get a tournament going to support soldat and a chance to win some cash :D . If it is a scam its only $5, so its not much of a loss.
True warriors know the destructiveness of power-and how and when to use it.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2006, 01:45:08 pm »
Alright alright... lets just.... start over.

Are people interested in a cash tournement? Yes and no. Most players are too young to afford their own means of paying that $5 charge, and theres only around 75 people out of 2-3000 members on this forum that are above the age of 20.
There are many other Soldat forums than these official Soldat forums though, most of them based around nationality. Might want to also ask them.

If you want people to consider joining your tournement, i'd reccomend this approach.

Layout a strict and established set of rules, methods, gaming style, admins, and so on. Look around for the SCTFL, ESL, and other soldat-related league and tournement websites for ideas. People won't join what they don't understand, so lay it out nice and simple for everyone to see.

Before that, it might be wise to consider your general reputation. No one around here knows you, nor seemingly any other gaming community. I remember you stating earlier that you had to re-establish your website due to hackers, but shouldn't all of your members re-joined your forums by now?
I must say, you have taken a some what childish approach in your numerous posts here, and filled them with potential lies. Not a good approach at all pal.

Â It might be wise to start a little lower on the expectations before asking kids for cash, or maybe offer to help one of numerous other leagues with whatever services you have to offer, or even have others well known in the community help you.

Also to attract attention, theres the monsoonix advert banner that unregistered users see when loading Soldat. A nice way to attract attention for a few bucks. Google it or search the forums for more info on any of the above.

I'm going to lock this topic now, as it's just repeating itself. Feel free to make a new one, and we'll consider it you starting afresh. If you got a tournement, show the good people what it actually involves and what will happen before it, during it, and after it. Or, like your first post, feel free to ask people what they actually want. But don't expect people to sign up to something unestablished.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.