WHICH GAME MODE

Death Match
28 (68.3%)
Pointmatch
9 (22%)
Rambomatch
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Michal Has Approved Tourney, He has Posted-Last Page  (Read 10223 times)

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
Re: Cash Tourney For SOLDAT
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2006, 07:07:01 pm »
IDK good question he will post when he gets time to, he has not given me a reply back from our convo yet so just have some patience.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2006, 08:02:39 pm »
What's he so busy with that he can't post "Yes guys, this is a legitimate tournament.".
I know he's a busy man and has a social life, but that would take what, a whole 2 minutes?.

Give the new guy a break, MM really does reply to emails slower than anyone I know.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2006, 08:17:44 pm »
What's he so busy with that he can't post "Yes guys, this is a legitimate tournament.".
I know he's a busy man and has a social life, but that would take what, a whole 2 minutes?.

Give the new guy a break, MM really does reply to emails slower than anyone I know.
He said he talked to him before he posted this, not he asked him in an email to say it was legit. If he talked to him before he started this thread, you'd think Michal would have informed us that it wasn't a scam.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2006, 08:24:02 pm »
Yes and i had to re-email him telling him that his memebers were worried about this, could you please post somthing to ensure them and he has not replied back to me yet, but he said he would, so i guess he will

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2006, 08:26:13 pm »
FG Owner has contacted me on AIM and told me he has contacted Michal about this. 

Until Michal posts here or something else trustworthy is said about the validity of this, spam and flaming will not be tolerated at all.  Anyone posting spam or flames here will be banned from the forums for two days

There is a good chance that someone here is trying to organize a legitimate tourney with real prizes.  I am not making a personal statement about the validity of this, but I am urging you all not to jump to conclusions.

Wait for an official statement from someone who can vouch for it, please don't destroy our forums.  We've come a long way with cleaning up the forums over the past few months, I'm pretty sure that we all would really like to keep it clean.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2006, 11:10:33 pm »
Just wanted to point this one out.

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2006, 07:35:40 am »
yes that was before i spoke to him about this tourney, once he reply's everything will be fine, so just hang on

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2006, 08:08:25 am »
IF its Realistic mode I could join ;)

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2006, 02:40:21 pm »
Spartanburg, eh?  That's close to where I live. ;)

Ditto :P
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2006, 02:36:16 pm »
Sorry for posting this late. I can't say anything about if this tourney is valid. All I can say is that FG Owner e-mailed me before this post and we discussed it. Everything he talks about I know, so I say give the tourney a chance, it might be fun.

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2006, 03:21:07 pm »
Thank you Michal and i can ensure you all that this is a valdate TOURNEY, we will be starting in less than 3 weeks that will give a chance for all the checks and money orders to reach us, and once i have recieved all Fees we will anounce the Jack Pot for the top 3 winners and we will start this a few days after, we must get a minumum of 200 players so that we can offer that most to Soldat and the winners, But all the INFO about theTourney is in my first POST on page  one, pleae read it all and rememeber if your paying with PayPal please email me At

MajinHendricks@aol.com

and tell me the Email you are paying with thru PayPal and what your User name is on the Soldat Account you will be using in the Tourney, So i can add you to the BRACKETS and Once you send your Checks and Money Orders, please send me a email to

MajinHendricks@aol.com

and give me the name which it is coming from, and inside yuor involope please put your user name which you will be using on your Soldat account So i can add you to the BRACKETS  and also put it in the Email along wth your name from which you are sending it from so i can ensure that this is you.. AND I HOPE THIS WILL BE FUN FOR YOU ALL
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:23:01 pm by FG Owner »

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2006, 03:26:22 pm »
and since this game is very big

thats what makes me suspicious......i mean im not saying its small, but there are soo many more games with massive communities

ALSO

we must get a minumum of 200 players

i dunno, this just doesnt smell right
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:28:03 pm by T-Bone »
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2006, 03:27:42 pm »
and since this game is very big

thats what makes me suspicious......i mean im not saying its small, but there are soo many more games with massive communities

it is big enough to have a tourney and small enough that managing such a tourney wouldn't get out of hand.  I wouldn't call it wrong to call it big

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2006, 03:29:20 pm »
I get what you're saying FLAB, im just saying its a bit suspicous since soldat doesnt have a fraction of the publicity of something like CS:Source

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2006, 03:32:13 pm »
Yes we could go to another Gaming Site, but this Game has been noticed and was thought big and that is why we haven choosen this Game to host on because we know Michal has put a lot of work and money into this and we know that he would enjoy getting some money back for all of his hard work and thats excatly what we do find certain Gaming Sites that are hard at work, and giving so much to the gamers and we give somthing to them.. And this is a chance for you to help your Owner

Date Posted: October 25, 2006, 04:30:42 PM
And we will do a Tourney For CSS but thats not right now thats somthing we have to plan for later, we can only do so many games at one time and thats a PC Disc Gaming, This is a MMORPG inbuilt FSO engines 2 different things that is a company made game this game was made by 1 person, add a 200 person Tourney would give the minumal to Michal as we can, but if we can't get tat many then we will have to work with what we get.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:33:56 pm by FG Owner »

Offline Tinysmurf

• Major
  • R7.
Re: Michal Has Approved Tourney, He has Posted-Last Page
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2006, 05:14:30 am »
I would actually like to know how many people has entered it, actually put in their 5 dollars, cause i am not gonna join a tournament with about 3 people in it. ???

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2006, 05:48:44 am »
I still think MM should get a little piece of the money you make. Do the math....200 people at 5 bucks a pop! If I'm right...thats 1000 bucks. Michals hard work (as you keep mentioning) should be payed off...so cut him a piece... it wouldn't hurt!
Anyone agree?
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2006, 05:59:59 am »
I would enter this, but I don't have paypal and I'm 14 to meh to lazy.....

Guys, it's for fun and oit's only 5 bucks. I'm playing at a Halo tournement at my school for 5 bucks, no big deal, it's just for fun.....plus I wanna own someone.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2006, 06:00:23 am »
You will not get 200 players. I doubt you will even get 20 players.

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2006, 07:41:56 am »
Again Michal is getting a lot of the money we make or around that, we are not keeping any of the money to our selfs we only get a litle bit if we get 200 members thats 1000 dollars yes ok 1st place would get 150, second place 100 and 3rd plae 75. ok that leaves like 625 which if we cut that in half thats 337 for soldat and to us, so We are not trying to get money out of this we are just trying to get somthing out of it so we can help michal and maybe do somthing later like a CLAN Tourney, but if we can't get 200 people then we will work with what we have..

And you don't have t use PayPal we accept Money Orders if you click on the PayPal Link i can accept Credit Cards, we accept Checks if you wish to pay with Money then we ask that you must put it in a magazine of some sort or something thick so a Mail Service Providercan't read thru it and see the money then it will be stolen we want to get this going so we can help out here a little, So if you can help us help Michal please
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:45:11 am by FG Owner »