WHICH GAME MODE

Death Match
28 (68.3%)
Pointmatch
9 (22%)
Rambomatch
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Michal Has Approved Tourney, He has Posted-Last Page  (Read 10302 times)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: Michal Has Approved Tourney, He has Posted-Last Page
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2006, 09:00:11 am »
Again Michal is getting a lot of the money we make or around that, we are not keeping any of the money to our selfs we only get a litle bit if we get 200 members thats 1000 dollars yes ok 1st place would get 150, second place 100 and 3rd plae 75. ok that leaves like 625 which if we cut that in half thats 337 for soldat and to us, so We are not trying to get money out of this we are just trying to get somthing out of it so we can help michal and maybe do somthing later like a CLAN Tourney, but if we can't get 200 people then we will work with what we have..

So 1/3 goes to the players who are paying to enter and win the tournament, 1/3 goes to the "Soldat Owner" who already earns money from registrations, and a 1/3 goes to you for establishing a PayPal account. This is not the way to run tournaments or distribute funds, at least to attract people into entering or instill confidence in this scheme. You haven't done any damage yet to warrant labeling you a scammer, but at the same time you haven't done anything to "prove" yourself to the people who play Soldat and frequent this site. Still, if you only have good intentions and just run and word things poorly, then by all means good luck.

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2006, 09:53:47 am »
How many players do you have so far? I think we have the right to know.

I don't think the distribution of the money is fair at all. No offense but you don't deserve $300+ for HOLDING A TOURNAMENT. I'm sorry but you just don't. Secondly, for a tournament with 200 players (as if you are ever going to get that many), $150 is awfully small prize. I'd say $250, $150 and $100 would be reasonable. That makes it $500. If you get less players, use some formula to find a good and reasonable prize. I think you can keep $50-$100 if you really find it necessary but it'd be the best if you don't keep any of the money since you aren't doing this for money. The rest should go to MM.

And seriously, I'm having VERY big doubts about this. It might not be a scam but when a site I have never heard of is making a tournament with a fee, I get suspicious. Especially when the approach to the whole tournament is not very convincing. These things need to be planned beforehand. You have to post the rules beforehand. You have to cover all the details beforehand. You can't do that after the players have paid to get in, that's just plain wrong. "Hey, let's hold a half-assed tournament and make some easy money guys!" is the kind of vibe I'm getting about this right now. I'm not saying the tournament will be half-assed, that's just the impression I got.

And if we are being realistic, I'd say you are going to get 20 players tops. Probably not even that. Most of the people here do not use paypal or any other means to transfer money. And it's not like those who have a paypal account will sign in just like that.

And stop capitalizing random words.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:00:05 am by DragonSlayer »

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2006, 11:36:47 am »
Ok we said we get 1/3 because it is my staff who have to come in each game, and stay to ref for the whole game know that if we had 200 people then each server host 32 players thats around 16 games we would have to hold, ok that would take time that my staff have to be on other games and come to this game this is actually planned out if you read my first post i said We are trying to get this going and if we get enough people we would further post the rules and how this would work, it would make no since to post all of that and not hold the Tourney, and i have ask Michal if he would like to be put under contract under this Tourney to ensure him of his Money that he will be geting and to ensure that This is not a Scam, And the reason you may not have heard of us is because your not looking. You  to find any Gaming site you will need to look there are only 3 in the entire net, Franchisegaming, GameBattles, and Xtreme Platforms and i can promise those are it, those are are the only 3 gaming ladder sites, And Like i have said, this is just an estmate we only ask for a piece of the money because we have to spend time running this, but if you gyus are fully confident that this is a scam then we will not hold it, but we will come back later and try again, but this is not our lose we are trying to help Michal gain some money back and i can ensure you that he would of like this very much cause i know he spends money on his Host having a Dedicated Server Advertising and all sorts of things, but $5 is a small fee that is nothing compared to what others would ask for, and we are just asking for as many players as we can so we can give more to the winners and to Soldat, but thats your choice and we can only give you a Contract that is it, otherwise you will just have to trust us, Michal has told me about the other scammers, but we are a Legalized site, that has been given permission to hold cash prizes by our State Lawyers that is the only way you can do that, other wise you could go to jail, so and i doubt if i'm going to scam people out of $5 just to go to Jail sorry i'm much smarter than that, but if you don't want to do this then we will go and leave Soldat to get it's on Money.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:41:49 am by FG Owner »

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2006, 12:01:47 pm »
You  to find any Gaming site you will need to look there are only 3 in the entire net, Franchisegaming, GameBattles, and Xtreme Platforms and i can promise those are it, those are are the only 3 gaming ladder sites
I know GameBattles but never heard of Franchisegaming or Xtreme Platforms. And hey. How about Electronic Sports League or ClanBase? Most likely the two largest gaming ladder sites there are. And apparently you haven't even heard of them! And I'm sure there are many more.

And your forums... http://www.franchisegaming.com/index.php?action=forum... 174 total posts.

Get real dude. I don't want to take this any further but there's a limit to bullshit. Anyone who has visited your site can tell it's not very active.

And stop capitalizing random words. It makes your posts look kinda bad.

Or does This look Good. I don't Think it does Because it does not Make Any sense at All.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2006, 12:16:29 pm »
Shame really, as its a nice idea. But you really do have to consider a few things here...

Soldat has grown considerably over the past 4 years, and a supposed average of 40000 individuals play per day. Regardless, this is a pretty tight-knit gaming community, and most of Soldat's players aren't involved at all in any of Soldat's communities. Those involved however grow to having heard of numerous other players at least a little, having seen mention of others names or playing with them on one of the more popular Soldat servers.  A bit like a village, only less inbreeding.

...then enters a stranger to our little world asking for cash to fund a tournement with no specific rules, admins or reputation in supposedly any gaming community. You can understand the suspicion then, surely.

Advertise the rules a little more clearly, let people know what'll happen, and consider using the Monsoonix advert banners if you're really eager to get attention (it'll cost ya though). Otherwise, to put it bluntly, you're a bit of a fish out of water here.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2006, 03:26:02 pm »
One thing those Ladder systems are Country based like Europe and we are world wide, Actually me and Michal have already discussed it, i am willing to put this under a contract and like i have also said there's no point in typing a 2 page post about rules and how this will work if you guys don't join that is why i posted the first post to see how many people would criticize us, and turn it down but if i see you will accept the contract that we are writing up well you won't but Michal will take it then we will post everything we need to, you guys are not reading my post, otherwise you wold stop saying the same things, so until you completely understand something please don't criticize someone, our in tensions were to post this and see how many members looked interested and if a good bit then we were going to post everything i posted how to pay to see what people would say and if there would pay, like Michal told me post what i needed to post to get the info i needed to get, and that's all i was trying to do you on the other hand are taking this out of context, we are only wanting to see if a decent amount of people will like this tourney and actually join it, But we are writing up and Legal contract and i am getting my Lawyers to Sign it and Michal will be given it to ensure him that if we still hold this then it will all be legal, so please do not criticize something that you don't understand.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 03:28:44 pm by FG Owner »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2006, 04:07:45 pm »
One thing those Ladder systems are Country based like Europe and we are world wide, Actually me and Michal have already discussed it, i am willing to put this under a contract and like i have also said there's no point in typing a 2 page post about rules and how this will work if you guys don't join that is why i posted the first post to see how many people would criticize us, and turn it down but if i see you will accept the contract that we are writing up well you won't but Michal will take it then we will post everything we need to, you guys are not reading my post, otherwise you wold stop saying the same things, so until you completely understand something please don't criticize someone, our in tensions were to post this and see how many members looked interested and if a good bit then we were going to post everything i posted how to pay to see what people would say and if there would pay, like Michal told me post what i needed to post to get the info i needed to get, and that's all i was trying to do you on the other hand are taking this out of context, we are only wanting to see if a decent amount of people will like this tourney and actually join it, But we are writing up and Legal contract and i am getting my Lawyers to Sign it and Michal will be given it to ensure him that if we still hold this then it will all be legal, so please do not criticize something that you don't understand.
Maybe I should become an English teacher.

Anyway, your little site is too small for any large number of people to take seriously, and even if they do, do you really think someone with such a small chance of winning such a small prize would enter?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2006, 05:31:31 pm »
But we are writing up and Legal contract and i am getting my Lawyers to Sign it

is that a joke?
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2006, 06:20:59 pm »
... you guys are not reading my post, otherwise you wold stop saying the same things, so until you completely understand something please don't criticize someone...

Organize your posts then. You're just bundling all your input into fat paragraphs. Use that Enter key, and as already stated before, fix up your grammar.

And you never answered DragonSlayer's question (how many players do you already have?).

Quote from: FG Owner
i doubt if i'm going to scam people out of $5 just to go to Jail sorry i'm much smarter than that...
Oh, don't worry ;) You won't go to prison because no one will sign up in the first place (seriously, if you're only advertising here I think it'd be safe to say hardly any Soldat fans here will join this).

Quote from: FG Owner
One thing; those ladder systems are country-based like Europe, and we are worldwide. Actually, Michal and I have already discussed it; I am willing to put this under a contract and like I have also said, there's no point in typing a 2-page post about rules and how this will work if you guys don't join; that is why I posted the first post (to see how many people would criticize us, and turn it down), but if I see you will accept the contract that we are writing up... well, you won't, but Michal will take it, then we will post everything we need to.

Y
ou guys are not reading my posts; otherwise you would stop saying the same things, so until you completely understand something, please don't criticize someone; our intentions were to post this and see how many members looked interested and, if a good bit was, then we were going to post everything. Iposted how to pay to see what people would say, and if they would pay, like Michal told me, post what I needed to post to get the info I needed to get, and that's all I was trying to do.

You, on the other hand, are taking this out of context; we are only wanting to see if a decent amount of people will like this tourney and actually join it. But we are writing up an legal contract and I am getting my lawyers to sign it, and Michal will be given it to ensure him that if we still hold this then it will all be legal, so please do not criticize something that you don't understand.
See? It's not at all hard. I'd do that for all your posts if I had the time. (BTW, for the time being, my keyboard's busted; I've basically been clicking nonstop all this time with the On-Screen Keyboard program, which doesn't always register every click.)

What I don't understand is you trying to act so professional in handling all this. We may be indeed taking this out of context, but at least be more specific while you're correcting us.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 06:40:33 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2006, 07:25:44 pm »
hehe...seriously...your fighting a losing argument FG Owner. I ain't entering this because 1) I'm a cheapskate, and 2) I don't trust you. You can even get Michal to sign a dotted line and everything, have some bull**** contract, and back it all up with 50+ lawyers...and I won't trust it.

How many people have you scammed already? I know that question seems a little harsh...but I'm sure everyone would love to know!

I dare you to go to the Counterstrike: Source community and do what you did here. They would all say the same as us. "Scammer"....But...with that game...wheres the "$300" going to go?

Basicly...organise yourself better, and PLAN. Hell...You need to learn how to scam people...cause what you did here was shocking!.....
You've been shot down here like a duck in season....so I'd leave...quickly...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:30:45 pm by The Bone Collector »
Just another soul to burn.

Offline DT

• Major(1)
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2006, 01:00:21 am »
I thought that this was a joke when I looked at this.
If it was a tourny with no entrance fee, then I would join in, reguardless if there was a prize.

Sorry but you probably won't make any money here.
~DT

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2006, 01:29:37 am »
FG Owner, this is a tightly knit community, people just don't trust you because you aren't well known and you don't present yourself as trustworthy.  Had you been from a well-known clan or a popular server admin, we'd understand and probably try to help you out.  Even then, there's no way you'd get 200 people to join from these forums alone.  You might get that many by advertising on Soldat itself, but I don't think it's ever been tested that way. Eh, that damn Naruto fan beat me to the punch and basically said what I just typed.  Preemptive copycat...

Everyone else: It's time to give the guy a break.  No need to spam his thread or accuse him of scamming us -- if you think it's a scam, just don't join up.  If you want to help out, there are plenty of ways you can do it (advertise for him, offer to admin it, etc.).  If you're worried about where that extra money will go, understand that he is offering a service and he deserves to be compensated.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2006, 01:43:33 am »
I ain't entering this because 1) I'm a cheapskate, and 2) I don't trust you. You can even get Michal to sign a dotted line and everything, have some bull**** contract, and back it all up with 50+ lawyers...and I won't trust it.

so why the hell are you here? leave him alone, hes trying his hardest to prove to all of you that hes not trying to scam anyone, if you dont trust it just stfu and dont post, enter at your own risk and quit flaming him you assholes.

honestly even if he does scam $5 what are you gonna do? sue him? geebus
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:49:02 am by m00` »
cool

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2006, 05:17:31 am »
And if he scams $5 bucks from 200 players? 's a lot of money wasted, you could donate as much to Flies at that rate.

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2006, 05:32:36 am »
thats why im saying ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK, I dont care how you use your money, just quit pulling shyt out of your ass and claiming hes going to scam you, either SHUT UP, enter the tournament, or ask him questions politely
cool

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2006, 06:01:03 am »
Ok now i am the real FG Owner the guy that was posting for me was a staff member,.

Ok first off we are not scammers and when you sit here and say stuff like that with out knowing for a fact then other peolpe read this it makes our site look bad, ok second our site has been around since the beginning of the year we closed it down with over 10k plus members in our data base because our home page was hack, and we moved to a dedicated server with site hacking tools encrytped so.

Now the very first post i posted, just to see how many people would actaully join, ok second it would also give me all the info i needed on how many peoplle trusted us, Michal emailed me and told me to post somthing to see what you thought i told my staff not to put in the 2 page post on how it would work if you guys don't trust us and won't join anyways, and  we are holding a CSS tourney Entrance Fee $5 so go a little further to check that out we are advertising that next.

But yes i can get my Lawyers to sign a contract and no that is not a joke. But if you guys really don't trust us thats fine it's not our lose and i know it's been said before we are here to help Michal and his site out. So whether you want us to do this or not we still have to do it we have already planned it so we still want to do it and a couple of my staff have played this game they said, what their names are not really sure there but i do know they play, I have the game FG Owner is my name i'm still learning how to play but thats not the point, the point is please do not accuse us of somthing that we are not, if you had proven facts then thats different, but if you won't give us a chance to show you we are not scammers then thats fine we will not hold this Tourney..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 06:05:28 am by FG Owner »

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2006, 06:16:49 am »
Wait a sec.....If I pay 5 dollas, and win the tourney, I get $160? kickass!

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2006, 06:17:02 am »
... i'm still learning how to play but thats not the point

If you do not have much game experience, how are you then expecting yourselves to be good referees? For an example, if you haven't played then how are you going to tell if somebody is cheating?

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2006, 06:42:19 am »
Ok now i am the real FG Owner the guy that was posting for me was a staff member,.

Now the very first post i posted...

Consistency man, consistency!  You'll never trick win their hearts that way.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline FG Owner

• Major(1)
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2006, 07:31:33 am »
Ok i said some of my staff do play and once i can point their names out i will and all the staff refing this tourney are actaully reading the rules of Soldat, i will not be refing this i have too much stuff to do then to be refing this, this is why we get some of the moeny now if we didn't ref, then more of the money would go to Michal.

But seeing is how we have to set this up, ref some games (if soldat staff don't), and now i have to spend the time with my Laywer to write a contract if needing to be, then we ask for some money, that is only fair. we are trying to do this to help out Soldat, not asking to be called scammers and cheaters and stealers and w/e esle, If you guys really don't trust us then i will talk to Mchal and tell him we won't do this, this is your guys's choice.