Author Topic: Need Waypointing  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
Need Waypointing
« on: June 11, 2006, 06:12:10 pm »
A continuation of my first topic on the old forums.
I'm close to getting the bottom tunnel done. All I really need to do is make the entrances on both sides look cooler / smoother and to work on some kind of glow affect for the bottom of the tunnel. I was also thinking of making some of the lower parts of the tunnel hurt you, seeing as the bottom is rather close to the lava. Anyone else think it's a good idea?
I also included my current progress on the map.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
Re: Need Waypointing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 07:43:02 pm »
Do you have the lower tunnel done? Cause I could finish the wypts. (I was Pride on the old forums).

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 06:52:40 pm »
There, got the final non-waypointed version out. I decided not to go with the ground that hurts you that I mentioned in my first post.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 12:55:51 pm »
Even tho' I don't usually waypoint maps I find average, I'll be lenient here. :)

I found the problem with your waypoints; you put the Grenade Boxes next to the flag. Put them more forward towards the hallway next time, as I did. Powerups disturb waypoints greatly, especially if they are almost touching them.

Waypointed version. I couldn't be bothered to get the bots to man the SGs on the upper balconies but they can cross all three upper, middle, and lower paths.

I seemed to be missing a scenery graphic... my Soldat folder location was too long to tell what it was, tho' :P They were some graphics that were attached on the sides of the first and last columns in the center of the map, as well as other places...

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 04:26:50 pm »
Thank you SO much. I'll add the scenery in to my mapzip. Thank you for the waypointing and not calling my map crap. I'm just happy it came out as "average". :)