Author Topic: WW2 soldat mod.  (Read 6974 times)

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
WW2 soldat mod.
« on: October 23, 2006, 02:59:56 pm »
Yeah yeah dont blast me about the fact that every one has a ww2 mod.

Me and my friend have waited long for ww2 tcs so we decided to make our own ww2 mod, with a balance on 3 russian guns, 3 german and 3 american.

Duel eagles- we dont know, thats why im posting.
mp5- PPsh-40 ammo clip
ak- stg44-30 ammo clip
steyr- thompson-30 ammo clip
spas- trench gun-8 ammo clip
ruger- mosin nagant-1 ammo clip(fast reload)
m79- m1 garand rifle nade-1 ammo click (slow reload)
berret- karbiner 98 sniper- 1ammo clip(a bit faster reload)
minimi- B.A.R- 20 ammo clip
minigun- we dont know, so far its the mg42

We need a balance of 3 primary weapons for each country, now we need you to give us ideas on which guns should be the eagles, minimi and minigun.

Edit, here is the interface gfx for the Allied and Axis side of the mod, no spas or chain saw yet

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:03:51 pm by -viper-storm- »

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: WW2 soldat mod.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:07:18 pm »
If you do the B.A.R., please give it a 20-round clip like it's supposed to.  As for the minigun, the Browning .30 cal is a good choice too.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 06:05:21 pm »
I know about the clips, and so it is, the b.a.r is the minimi and i might have the mg42 as the minigun and if i can think of another russian mounted machin gun..il use that and have duel lugers.

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 02:33:59 am »
You could use the DP as the minigun.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 02:49:40 am »
I think it's kinda dumb to have a m1 rifl grenade as a primary cause it's logical that you could shoot normal bullets too. I suggest you put something else . You could put a panzerfaus or something and make it so it shoots missiles . Then increase the bullet speed and put the startup time of lets  say 20 and a lil longer reload. You can add a massive mov acc penalty to compensate for the long range.
And then make a mortar out of LAW and you got a nice weapon balance.

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 06:13:57 am »
I was going to makw the law a motor round on my ET mod...so i guess i might make it on this as well.

And making the m79 a panzerfaust, dont you think thats a little... like its on loads of ww2 mods.

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 07:57:22 am »
Ok first off, change PPSh to a 72 round mag, or change it to a PPSh42 and make it a 30 round mag.
Second, change the ruger to the m1 garand, I think it would be much easier to mod.
I'm not sure what to do with m79, since its actually an auto if u have more than a 1 round mag, maybe change to a sten, grease gun or mp40?
You could make the LAW into a Panzerfaust or Panzerschreck.
Hope that helps

P.S deagles could be dual colts/lugers/weblys (british pistol)
A good resource for sound would be CoD 2.

Offline lardlad89

• Major(1)
  • ogmwtflawlbbq
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 02:10:27 am »
For the dual eagles, I think dual colts would be better, you wouldn't have to change the image of the gun too much. I think the mg-42 would best suit the minigun, just decrease the amount of ammo, more damage, and less bink. The mp40 would probably be better for the mp5 though.

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 03:11:40 am »
Ok, duel colts and mg42, now i need another russian auto for the minimi.

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 03:26:17 am »
Although it wasn't really a sniper rifle, you could have the PTRD-41 anti-tank rifle for the Barrett.

Second, change the ruger to the m1 garand, I think it would be much easier to mod.

I'd stick with the Mosin or Lee Enfield, because their bolt-action.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 01:51:10 pm »
yeah, the sound i wil have for it will be fire,release bullet, fire realease bullet ect ect, im thinking of taking out the russian weapons, im not sure. So far, i have all primarys exept spas 12, ive almost done 1 map and i dont know when ill start the gosteks.

::UPDATE:: Interface with all german and allied wepons.

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 09:49:03 am »
I think the mg-42 would best suit the minigun, just decrease the amount of ammo, more damage, and less bink.
I wouldn't recommend this, since you can't really fire an Mg-42 standing up :/ Perhaps the LAW could be an Mg-42, since it is also an auto. I would follow ORION's advice for the Browning .30 cal.

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 09:55:50 am »
I think the mg-42 would best suit the minigun, just decrease the amount of ammo, more damage, and less bink.
I wouldn't recommend this, since you can't really fire an Mg-42 standing up :/ Perhaps the LAW could be an Mg-42, since it is also an auto. I would follow ORION's advice for the Browning .30 cal.

You can on call of duty...but how is the law gonna be used as the mg? how will that look online?

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline Boonerang

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 09:57:33 am »
A LAW(Light Anti-tank Weapon) is a rocket launcher. It's not full auto. I think you maybe have it confused with another weapon.
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m72.htm
Edit: and it wasn't used during WWII

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 10:32:16 am »
I know what the LAW is, what I'm saying is that if you've ever changed the weapon stats to make the LAW have more than 1 round per mag, you'll notice that it fires like an auto, for this reason it can be changed to a Mg-42.

Offline Boonerang

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 11:00:02 am »
Oh, ok sorry

Offline SpazP3ck3r

• Major
  • WAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 08:17:56 am »
You can actually use the MG-42 as the minigun, it would work. However it was slightly modified from the original MG-42, perhaps you could use the 30-cal machine gun. I think that was lighter, it is very similar to the chaingun in soldat
My personal theory on this topic is that when you walk out of the room, old people start dancing.

CoD 2: The Last Hurrah | A WWII Conversion for Soldat:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7251.0

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 10:19:43 am »
Despite its infamy on the D-Day landings, the MG42 isn't as heavy as something like the Russian 12mm machinegun. Weighing about the same as the M60, I think you can fire the MG42 while standing up as long as you have some muscle, although it obviously won't be as accurate. At least its much more realistic than firing the Minigun standing up.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 10:37:24 am by SDFilm »

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 12:39:42 pm »
Yes...im going to keep ahold of the mg and figure out how to fix the weapon gfx...

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline SpazP3ck3r

• Major
  • WAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 05:03:13 am »
okay, I thought that you may be able to hold the MG-42 standing you can in wolfenstien
My personal theory on this topic is that when you walk out of the room, old people start dancing.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 05:06:09 am »
With the MG-42, I was more thinking of the kickback that would prevent you from firing standing up but whatever.

Offline SpazP3ck3r

• Major
  • WAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 05:13:18 am »
yeah but you could easily represent that using chaingun style kickback but yeah, know what you mean

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 05:54:54 am »
okay, I thought that you may be able to hold the MG-42 standing you can in wolfenstien

Going by games, you can fire it standing in Red Orchestra, and that's one of the most realistic WW2 FPS ever.

With the MG-42, I was more thinking of the kickback that would prevent you from firing standing up but whatever.

It would prevent you from firing as accurately, but I doubt it would be a huge problem at mid-shot range.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 05:59:40 am by SDFilm »

Offline SpazP3ck3r

• Major
  • WAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 08:58:22 am »
yeah so basically you would only have to modify the picture of the minigun and you would have your MG-42! May have to change the charge up time and the accuracy but that isn't essential