Author Topic: How do you use Mods?  (Read 3877 times)

Offline AnthonyHB

• Major(1)
How do you use Mods?
« on: June 15, 2006, 06:56:25 pm »
     As topic implemments, I do not know how to use the mods. I have downloaded a player skin mod and I unzipped it in the gotesk (or what ever its called) folder but I do not know how to use it in game. Can someone help me please? Thanks.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
Re: How do you use Mods?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:01:56 pm »
Umm you put every file in the correct folder and i think it needs to be in the Mods folder?

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 08:11:11 pm »
which mod are you trying to install?

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 08:54:02 pm »
The Ãœber Easy Way:

Say the mod came in a folder, and that folder contains subfolders such as Gostek-gfx, Weapons-gfx, Txt, and the like. Drag that main folder into \Soldat\Mods\. Now, Make a shortcut  to Soldat on your desktop or whatever, right-click the icon, and select properties. Under the target field, change

"...\Soldat\Soldat.exe"

to

"...\Soldat\Soldat.exe -mod spork"

Include the quotes, and replace spork by the name of the folder that the mod is in. Run the shortcut, and the mod should work.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 01:00:50 pm »
I have a question when i use my mod do other paople see the mod or is it me going insane.

NOOB_09:see me bfg m79 mod

Sniper Guy9:nope

Noob_09: WTF i am crazy help ahhhh  (somits sucide)

Now we dont want that happening do we lol.

Jw was that funny??
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 01:35:47 pm by Kinky noob »

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 01:27:59 pm »
No, the other poeple don't see the mod that you are using. (unless of course, they are using the same mod as you)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 02:29:08 pm »
... Jw was that funny??
Some might've found that entertaining, but I didn't.

@Mistercharles: I thought you keep the end-quote where it is and add [ -mod X] after it, at the very end.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 03:48:33 pm »
Okay, let me try to be as clear as possible for you:

Up to Soldat 1.2.1, the only way to use mods was through a mod-changer or the method of copying it into your Soldat folder which could fubar your copy of Soldat.

In Soldat 1.3 and beyond, a new command line parameter was included, -mod. To use it:
1. Download the mod you want. It will usually be in a .zip, but could also be in a .rar. Open it up and make sure it has folders like Weapons-gfx, Sfx, Interface-gfx, Textures, etc.
2. Go into your Soldat\Mods folder (usually C:\Soldat\Mods\), and create a new folder named similar to the mod, i.e. "Nerf Mod" (without the quotes).
3. Open the new folder and extract the contents of the archive into the folder. If you downloaded a gostek, create a new folder inside the first folder you made named Gostek-gfx, then extract the archive into that folder. This may take a while.
4. Open the "Run..." dialogue from the start menu. Type in the adress of your Soldat program (usually C:\Soldat\Soldat.exe) into the box.
5. At the end of that adress, add -mod "mod name" (with the quotes), where "mod name" is the same as the name of the folder you created in step 2. The full command in the box should now resemble something like C:\Soldat\Soldat.exe -mod "Nerf Mod". Hit enter. The mod should run now.
If not, private message me or try to contact me over a messenger program for troubleshooting.

This is like the 3rd or 4th time I've done this.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 04:04:30 pm »
@Mistercharles: I thought you keep the end-quote where it is and add [ -mod X] after it, at the very end.
I don't know, I've never done it that way. I always use batch files or the run command.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 04:21:41 pm »
Quotes are necessary for folder names which have spaces in them (ex:"my mod") otherwise soldat will think its 2 different parameters.

and .bat files are useful for people who want to release a mod because they will work no matter where soldat is installed unlike shortcuts.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 04:29:28 pm by Serial K!ller »