Author Topic: I had to post this.  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
I had to post this.
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:25:47 pm »
Some of you may know me, I do not often post on these forums because they're boring ...
But eh, I was bored tonight and felt like reading what you ( so called forumwhor*s ) posted.
I read this section and had to post something after viewing your guys' posts.

All of you just whine because of the m79.. because you played on some 8vs8 public server..This is simply a joke.
You will rarely see a clan playing with 3 m79s ( 3vs3 ) EXCEPT on Nuubia, otherwise it's really rare.. and this is the reason why m79 is ok.. I can understand it's annoying on pubs, but you can always disable it, it's not much of a task.
Some people cry about it because people boost with it, I personally don't care,  that's why I would not even care if it was changed in any way...however it's a fun to use it sometimes. Nevertheless as example some people asked for a delay, and I strongly believe it's clearly stupid.

I do -NOT- use m79.. except on Nuubia, and wouldn't even care if it was removed but seeing your guys' post made me post this, I could have chosen any other weapon to make my post on.

The problem is the following :
-  You guys whine, and make the "betaforumwhor*stester" do a new balance which also effects on the REAL active gaming community (clans&leagues) and which by the same occasion screws up everything for us too.

I won't lie to you, most of us, people from the active gaming community consider you guys as noobs, publics servers are usually filled by noob anyway..

To conclude : What was my post for ? I hope beta testers will recruit more people from the real community in order to make a balance fair which would be fair for everyone and not only the people who play on pubs. Thanks.

Edit : Fixed some spelling errors and Syntaxic mistakes
Edit2 :  People may start soldat playing on pubs, but you forget the next step! IRC -> #soldat.gather -> being a part of a clan -> being a competitive player... this is usually the aim of people who often play soldat.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:05:50 pm by Ouchek »

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
Re: I had to post this.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 06:28:58 pm »
Pubs are important too though because that what everyone starts on.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:34:59 pm »
No matter what you say...no-one will listen ;)...this will only spark more M79 -Whining-...
oh..and while your at it....brush up on your english...I had trouble reading the whole post!
 [ban]
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:54:22 pm »
I'm sorry not to be a brit nor a yank, it's a foreign language for me, and I don't appreciate this kind of comments, I would like to see you talking 5 languages like I do, your reply was a typic yank reply though.
Besides, my post was not a masterenglish piece nevertheless you could have easily understood it, I'll edit it a bit because I made some typos ( yes yes it's 2 am already ).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:12:53 pm by Ouchek »

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:04:32 pm »
I'm sorry not to be a brit nor a yank, it's a foreign language for me, and I don't appreciate this kind of comments, I would to see you talking 5 languages as I do, you reply was a typic yank reply though.
Besides, my post was not a masterenglish piece and you could easily understand it, I'll edit it a bit because I made some typos ( yes yes it's 2 am already ).
Duh you nut....I'm not a "yank"...I'm Australian.
And I don't find a need to learn five languages...English does me fine....although...I am German...maybe I should learn that...
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 07:07:35 pm »
I thought you were a yank, because they're usually the kind of people who enjoy patronizing people.
It seems like I was wrong and Aussies are worse :) Stop looking down on people, and encourage them instead =) especially when my very post was quite "understandable".

Oh and, It's not a need to learn many languages, but the more you know (about anything ) the better you are.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:10:49 pm by Ouchek »

ArmedManiac

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 07:24:11 pm »
Stay on topic please, and yes good point ouchek, less whining, also with barret, both(all guns for that matter) are relatively fine

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 06:53:52 pm »
Ouchek! <3

Thats the thing i've been trying to deal with for about a year or so. It goes almost like this:

somerandomnewb: "umg i started soldat years ago i feel barret is too powerful it can kill wit 1 shot! plz do somting or i quit!"
<betatesters do the balancing>
200 active players from gaminv community are now like "WTF? All the weps are fucked up once again!"

This thing happens over and over whenever balance is touched. It is quite understandable if ones favourite weapon gets fucked up. Still, it is very hard (impossibl?) to make perfect balance for both Clans, and public servers.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 07:55:35 am »
Have two then!

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 03:54:46 pm »
Lord knows we've tried inviting clanners into trying to openly discuss balance here.... but no, you all say too many noobs, your opinion wouldn't matter, etc... general whining. How do you expect to get anything changed if you don't try?
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 03:59:46 pm »
Damn those Yanks. They sure like to patronize people. OOPS! I just patronized the Yanks. Oops! You're racist.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 04:28:19 pm »
Lord knows we've tried inviting clanners into trying to openly discuss balance here.... but no, you all say too many noobs, your opinion wouldn't matter, etc... general whining. How do you expect to get anything changed if you don't try?

When did this happen last time? I have never even heard about stuff like inviting people here, and have been on scene for over 2.5 years now. It is true that there are alot of people who do not care about balance, they pick the strongest weapon and spray with it until stronger one is found. :/
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 04:35:08 pm »
i am 100% supporting ouchek. though i am not a competive player, rather a mapper :D
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 07:38:42 pm »
I know this has to do with my thread =P

The whole theory thing was to convince actual barret and m79 users to rethink using their favorite guns over and over because it may not be making the game fun for the rest of the players.

If anyone has a problem with lowering the amount of people who use barrets and m79s ALL THE TIME, Please let me know.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 07:40:33 pm by papercut »
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 07:41:06 pm »
Don't worry about beta testing. I am saying that from my 4 years of experience clawbug. There's enough mature clan players and we're discussion the balance in the beta forums rather than here.
o/

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 08:41:56 pm »
M79 is fine how it is. Personally, I think the grenade has a *little* too much speed for its job, but there are many weapons that can counter it or do a person better. People are always going to whine about the M79 because it is a one hit kill, but teamwork and strategy beat an M79/Berret any day.

Also, quit it with the yanks/brits/aussie BS, stop listening to the local propaganda about the "typical" person... If I don't know a person, I don't assume their first words will be some type of guised insult; because they rarely are.

Offline Morik

• Major
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 07:55:49 pm »
Stereotyping.
::::
www.u13.net
www.fracturedsoldat.com
www.ubuntu.com
Proud Admin of Fractured Network, competitive North American soldat community.

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 09:19:22 pm »
Stop talking about your nationality post that in the Lounge. On topic: There is nothing wrong with the weapons but often Pyroguy there is little or no team work to stop the opposing team of Barretters/M79ers. However as said before in papercut's thread "Know thy enemy like thy self my friends"- Quote from DM350 on "M79 and Barrett Unfair?" thread. It doesn't hurt to know how the weapons work by using them and then abusing weaknesses.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 08:19:41 am »

Offline Morik

• Major
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 01:51:55 pm »

The reason why the mainstream community (quite a chunk of people) never come here is because this forum is mostly about the game itself, not really about the community. I have seen efforts into pulling this forum into the competitive realm, which is good, but its mostly brand new clans that want thier first clan war....or new players of soldat looking for thier first clan. Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome community for mapper, modders, and people willing to help with problems with soldat, but its a poor community for the competitive side of soldat. There are literally hundreds of players who compete in tournys/leagues but never come here.

Ouchek, the reason why the game balance is more toward pubs instead of competitive, is really actually the competitve community's fault for not coming here to express thier opinions.

kinda off topic:
Although I know I am going to get flamed with this, but I have a right to post it. If someone asks a question about something that is blatantly obvious to them, a good moderator would be patient, and take his time to answer his question and link him to the right resource. I've seen some instances where this doesn't happen, and he just gets told to use the forum search, which is another subtle reason people turn away from these forums.
::::
www.u13.net
www.fracturedsoldat.com
www.ubuntu.com
Proud Admin of Fractured Network, competitive North American soldat community.