Author Topic: map ideas  (Read 1106 times)

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
map ideas
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:57:38 pm »
I like thinking up new maps but hardly make any as there either unfeesable or beyond my skill.
so can we use this topic to come up with lots of map ideas so that someone can come along and make them if we cant ourselves?

my ideas (quickly put):
a battle in space between two ships (ctf) where you board the other vessel and then begin maiming

an assault on a heavily armoured fort/bunker (inf) where team work is needed to hold back gaurds and get past the guns

a huge titanic battle between two titans (as in warhammer 40k titans) where the titans are bristleing with gun points and turrets.

what are your ideas?
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: map ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 06:58:26 pm »
The 'two-ships' idea has already been done by numgun in his Eradication Wars mod (ctf_minerva). You can find it in the Full Mods section :)

Otherwise, it'd be great if you could post graphical layouts of your ideas for those suggestions...

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:50:42 pm »
Well another way to implement your two ship pwnage idea would be to make something based on a map from Halo called "Boarding action" you could have telepoters like numgun's taking you from 1 ship to the other, make sure that the ships have lots of floors/tiers etc. and find some way to stop people from sniping from ship to ship...Maybe I should map this...

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:51:22 am »
wll that was the reason i made the topic. i'm imaginative but ive got no talent for making good maps.
what about your ideas tho

(i experimented with the ship idea by making inf_ship combat which was my first map)
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 12:22:01 pm »
an assault on a heavily armoured fort/bunker (inf) where team work is needed to hold back gaurds and get past the guns

As to this idea i may try it.....Mabye a jungle fort or something.

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 05:58:25 pm »
i tried to make one but it kept on glitching. i called it death or glory. the fortress had morter ranges, sniper gallerys and a medi center as well as AA guns (stat guns pointing up realy) and the only entrences where through the vents (hurts) orpast the defences