Author Topic: Ctf_Crashed  (Read 1820 times)

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
Ctf_Crashed
« on: November 03, 2006, 07:49:10 pm »
Wasn't Ctf_crashed a default map in the past? Why did it get canned?
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Ctf_Crashed
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 07:56:42 pm »
I was looking at that map on MapMaker earlier and noticed that Alpha had a bridge on their side, but Bravo didn't; that bugged me.

I don't think that was the reason, though.  Didn't like the map anyway.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:47:04 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 07:59:50 pm »
I would like to know this too. The map was, I think, the biggest of all the CTF maps, and wasn't terribly fun, but it was ok.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:51 pm »
We've actually been talking about whether crashed should be brought back or not.  Why don't you guys go ahead and tell us what you think?

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 08:41:18 pm »
I thought it was pretty good. The waypoints weren't bad either. The fact that it wasnt symmetrical didnt kick out Ctf_Kampf, or Ctf_Nuubia. I even find it a better CTF map than things like Ctf_death, Ctf_death2, Ctf_B2b, Ctf_Equinox, (way too many poly-bugs in that one) Ctf_Dropdown, and Ctf_Dropdown2

I dont have any reason why it should have been booted. It wasnt an amazing map, but it wasnt bad either.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 08:55:40 pm »
It's a nice map, good for clanwars and publics. Not fun when there's more than 12 players thought. I'd like to see it back.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 09:14:58 pm »
I can't say I cared about it when it was around (but not saying I totally hated it or anything like that), or when it was kicked.

The spawn zones were nice, especially the upper spawn zones (those were pretty innovative actually; it's addicting trying to reach a FC camping up there ;D), but the central portion of the map felt too... symmetrical and not Soldatey-rough, you know? ;) It didn't feel like something crude and cool like ctf_Kampf or ctf_Snakebite, or that kind of mapping style. If it is to be resurrected, I hope it'll be of a newer, better version, hold the polygonal symmetry.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 09:32:21 pm »
I like ctf_Crashed a good amount though only include it on the regular CTF server since you really need a quick way to boost yourself to have a decent chance to retrieve a flag when it's being held on the high spawn platform. Alpha may have the only bridge (which I find fairly useless), but then Bravo has that low level wall piece which is more useful as a camping spot. I think it'd be perfect if that high spawn platform was gone though, because games can stall a good bit once the flags are up there. Leave the spawn points there though and have it be like ctf_Dropdown in that regard just with no way to retreat safely high up.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 10:17:56 pm »
We've actually been talking about whether crashed should be brought back or not. Why don't you guys go ahead and tell us what you think?

I liked it, but the fall damage is annoying from the drop, and the boosting up to the high spawn.

I liked how the map varied throughout, seemed more interesting and intense that way.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 01:14:08 am »
Funny, I've been thinking about this for a while. I really enjoyed playing on crashed, and I was a bit confused when it didn't make it to the next version. I'd really like to see it come back.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 01:22:43 am »
I dont have any reason why it should have been booted. It wasnt an amazing map, but it wasnt bad either.

I 2nd

It might of been taken out cuz there where campers at the hard to reach spawn.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 04:33:01 am »
this map had a funky bug to get on the roof. :D You needed to be two, at the respawn area one flies up to the roof polygon the other stays under and shoots him with the law : he goes right through!!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 04:40:49 am »
this map had a funky bug to get on the roof. :D You needed to be two, at the respawn area one flies up to the roof polygon the other stays under and shoots him with the law : he goes right through!!

Whats funky about that? Thats how most of the poly bugs work.

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 11:58:42 am »
I was just reminded about CTF_crashed one day when i was looking up public servers, and noticed one had this map. When i joined, I found that I actually had to download it. And in further examination i found that it was never a default map since 1.3.1.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 12:46:14 pm »
I loved ctf_Crashed...

I want it back actually. I still have it just nobody has servers w/ it.

Perhaps it needs a makeover or something
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 12:48:57 pm by Zamorak »
ZamoraK |2Wai|