Author Topic: "MY flag!!!"  (Read 4986 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: "MY flag!!!"
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 07:58:36 pm »
CTF is a team effort.  There is no I in team.  Or a "my" for that mater.
There's a "me".

Anyway, I think "my flag" whiners are being very foolish.  CTF and INF are team games; individual scores shouldn't matter.  I hate sitting in the base with the flag, so I'll yell "Next spawn gets flag", toss it, then attack again.  If a player asks for the flag, I'll give it to him, since I'm better at attacking than defending, especially if I have low HP from my escape.

Like I said, I don't think someone has any right to say they "deserve" a cap.  However, I don't have a problem letting them get one.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Gorilla J

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 09:00:00 pm »
In my opinion, the one that does the work should be the one that gets the cap - the most work, that is.

If the entire team rushes in, helps out, and manages to get the flag, let anyone cap.

If everyone dies, but one player dodges, kills, and retrieves with deft skill, only to get hit by a stray bullet inches from scoring, don't be a jackass.

Offline Galdi

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 09:12:05 pm »
I think that crying, because its "your" Flag is completely akward... Its a Teambased Game, right? So you should do whatever is best for the team. Of course it might piss you off, but come on....

Offline Gorilla J

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 09:13:36 pm »
I think that crying, because its "your" Flag is completely akward... Its a Teambased Game, right? So you should do whatever is best for the team. Of course it might piss you off, but come on....

It is a team-based game, but individual scores are still listed, and most people I know would appreciate being able to see their work rewarded.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2006, 01:21:25 am »
In my opinion, the one that does the work should be the one that gets the cap - the most work, that is.

If the entire team rushes in, helps out, and manages to get the flag, let anyone cap.

If everyone dies, but one player dodges, kills, and retrieves with deft skill, only to get hit by a stray bullet inches from scoring, don't be a jackass.

This might be reasonable, except that transferring a pursued flag carries a huge amount of risk, especially if the players haven't practiced the maneuver.  I've seen so many well-meaning people throw a flag, intending that the original grabber take it, and then as the flag bounces around, the enemy flag chasers catch up, kill everyone, and return the flag.

IMO, there shouldn't be a personal bonus for capping.  It gives people the wrong sense of priorities in CTF.  When I cap, my satisfaction is all about seeing the team score increase.  And I'd rather just see my killcount on the scoreboard, anyway.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2006, 01:24:44 am »
IMO i prefer not to cap, id rather protect and clear bases, then i can show them that my 30 some point score is all kills ;D
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 04:37:55 am »
T-Bone I've never seen you cap :P. Capping is good, but only for your team. So what if it gives you points? You don't win. The team does. Fortunatly not to many people I see complain about losing the flag. If I die with it I'll say something like "argh" or "Grrr", but I don't complain about loosing the cap.

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2006, 09:10:49 am »
Sorry Bulbock, but I think it's the reverse situation, in a Pub anyway. A player goes into a base, with no backup (it's a pub), mows down a bunch of people, gets the flag, and gets back to base wounded, just to get hit by a stray bullet and dies, I think the flag is entierly his right. If I picked it up I would give it back.
If you view pubs being one man effort like that, it still means he wasn't good enough alone since he died. If no one picks that flag up, the opponents are going to return it. If someone picks it up, the guy who got it in the first place should have no right to claim it's his. And yeah, it's stupid to care about who caps.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2006, 09:24:51 pm »
It all depends on the situation.  I usually give the flag back to the rightful owner if I can.  But if I'm being bum-rushed by a horde of blue or something.  I'm not going to take the time to give the flag back.  But if there's time, and no enemies around, I'll try to toss him the flag if he's there.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2006, 10:14:54 pm »
I just ignore the people most of the time. I have never had someone annoy me too much, if they do I will just go to the enemy base and /kill and say to blame it on the kid that wanted the flag so much.
@ii

ArmedManiac

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 04:54:54 pm »
I'm an avid scorer in red for inf, so when some1 gets my flag I usually say "gj team", and when some1 drops it right in front of me and i score for them i say thanks, so when people complain i am thinking "What, you would rather lose than not get the few personal points, jeez selfish b****d"

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 06:46:21 pm »
I'm an avid scorer in red for inf, so when some1 gets my flag I usually say "gj team", and when some1 drops it right in front of me and i score for them i say thanks, so when people complain i am thinking "What, you would rather lose than not get the few personal points, jeez selfish b****d"

That's exactly it. If I lose the flag, I want my team to retrieve it before it's returned. I'll only really be disgusted when I see a teammate seemingly oblivious to the loose flag, ignoring team messages for support, etc. I play to win, and I don't mind coughing up deaths and flags to protect the team and help us score.

Offline Oxyd

• Major(1)
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 12:40:11 pm »
I don't care if he lost flag half a mile from score place or few steps from score....he had it, he was responsible for safe return with teammates help...he died, so he failed..so if i cap the flag after he dies I am responsible for it.. so i score because points are for WHOLE TEAM..not just for him...and if he starts screaming that it was his flag..i simply say: enemy killed you..so you lost it..and then i ignore all other his cries.

If by accident i would kill him, or another teammate would kill him, i would maybe return it to him...if he asks

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 12:51:53 pm »
Well, that's a nice topic,  ;)
I'd always been thinking of it.  :P

Anyway, when I'm the "flagger" which ran away from the enemy base and doing "all the work" and suddenly dies while another teammate takes the flag, first of all I'm proud my team that the flag was kept.
From time to time I'm just saying "hay, that's my cap :(" but it's just as kidding and nothing more than that.  ::)
It's just like when I'm about to kill someone with ruger for ex. and then someone is coming with an autogun and kills him while he has to shot him only one shot, on those situations I also say " thief " or " Hay, he was mine! " but that's also as kidding.  ;D

That's how I see it anyhow, and I think that most of the soldat community think this way ( I hope at least ) and none is realy getting angry about "stealing kills \ caps" since points are realy nothing special or important, the most important thing is the good work and ENJOYING the game :)
Peace, Buggy.

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 08:29:25 pm »
People that demand "My Flag" are stupid. A.) They are in a pub, where winning the game or capping the flag, lets face it, doesn't matter at ALL, especially if someone just tosses it to you as your flag spawns. b.) In clans, this would never happen, because 1 guy gets the flag, and the rest, being smart, either stick with him or go attack; arguing takes time.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 04:36:05 am »
yep i never give it back either...though it is annoying when your millimetres from capping and get hit by some stray barret bullet only to some guy called "Major(5)" cap...
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat