Poll

Should Chainsaw disarm opponents?

Yes
11 (32.4%)
No
23 (67.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Chainsaw Suggestion  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Chainsaw Suggestion
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 02:08:13 pm »
... Just try to make more hits register.
Now if that were easy to do, this idea wouldn't've been suggested. :P

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2006, 02:31:34 pm »
the saw is usually my primary weapon in deathmatch. It's fine how it is.

Offline [R^M]TomaHawk

• Major
  • Bush to the rescue!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 05:09:54 pm »
The reoson why it shouldnt disarm oppennets is it wouldnt be the same and plus wants the saw hits ya your out of there.

Offline Schweppes

• Major(1)
  • [pzy]Schweppes
    • Schweppes and Justin
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2006, 01:58:35 pm »
From repeated lack of deaths from the saw and lack of kills from the saw, I can faithfully agree that the saw is -not- a one hit kill. If no-one can beleive me, give it a try with a friend. As said, I have survived many times from being hit with the saw, and many enemies have survived from being hit, with that also said, don't read this and think this happens more than not. The survival ratio I've had/seen with the saw is something like 10:1

But, to fix anyones issue with teh enemy surviving with a thread of life?

turn around and throw a nade.

Insta death :)

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 02:27:06 pm »
Keron Cyst: I was talking about the hit registration. You know? The one that can make people yell out "hacker omg!" and the like after you survive a law shot in the head.

I've used the Chainsaw too and sometimes when I found a lone, unmoving enemy I'd start sawing him, but the hits wouldn't have a effect. That's something that should be repaired.

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 04:41:41 am »
I guess I like this idea, as the chainsaw doesn't exactly kill in one hit all the time (or had you noticed that?), and it would be nice for it to have some kind of advantage over the other secondaries.

"The old ones are the best"

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 05:40:21 am »
I don't know why people keep saying the saw is a one hit kill... it really isn't. Plenty of times I'll get run through with a saw and end up with almost no health left, but still alive. Maybe it should be a one hit kill, but it isn't.

Offline Tribersman-FR

• Major
  • I'm your worst nightmare !!
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 12:57:14 pm »
I have another suggestion :

make the chainsaw work at 100% !!!

I have enough to be kill even if I'm sawing the guys during 10s

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 01:03:56 pm »
I don't know why people keep saying the saw is a one hit kill... it really isn't. Plenty of times I'll get run through with a saw and end up with almost no health left, but still alive. Maybe it should be a one hit kill, but it isn't.

Youd think if someone stuck a chainsaw in your gut you would die.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 01:18:24 pm »

Youd think if someone stuck a chainsaw in your gut you would die.

I loled at that.

I heard this suggestion before.  I don't really think it matters considering the fact that chainsaw is a one-hit kill and opponents would drop their weapons anyway.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2006, 01:28:13 pm »
Its not always a one hit kill. There has been a big discussion taht it doesnt always kill you. But i do agree with you.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.