Author Topic: New Game Type  (Read 1412 times)

ArmedManiac

New Game Type
« on: October 29, 2006, 01:21:54 pm »
This is different but bear with me. Everyone starts with no guns or only socom or something, and the only way to get guns is to find them. The guns are randomly(or not, doesnt matter) placed around the map, and the guns are random. This could be used with CTF, INF, DM, ect. Filters like for realistic can be used for this. Don't flame me too bad lol. ;D

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
Re: New Game Type
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 01:42:20 pm »
I like this, i was considering suggesting this, but i think advanced mode is as close as we will get. A bunch of FPS's use this method...Halo series being the main one
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 03:02:38 pm »
I think advance mode takes this pretty well, but maybe they could be dotted around as crates on parachutes, and they can just fall unto the map. It sounds like it would be kinda fun, but I'd hate to play CTF servers and stuff with it.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 03:59:50 am »
not bad idea at all. i'm not playing adevanced mode too often, so i don't know :P

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 07:21:00 am »
This would be insane.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 07:40:30 am »
I think Advance mode takes it far enough. It could be fun (and thats what Soldats about?), but it sounds too much based on luck for a serious match to be played on.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:45:41 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 09:59:48 am »
I think this would need a revamp in map-code, which MM said would not happen (at least, for a very long time). Advance Mode is already a good simulation of this, IMO. (I'm not saying it's a bad idea; it sounds pretty cool, actually, and reminds me of how many other games function in that you start with relatively nothing and must wander around to gather your arsenal, but I just don't think it'll be implemented, that's all.)

Offline g-force

• Major(1)
  • Your alternative to raindeer. Merry X-mas :)
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 08:55:27 am »
I like the idea, but this would be a challenge for the mappers.  There would be spawn points and like Kreon said
I think this would need a revamp in map-code, which MM said would not happen (at least, for a very long time)
Your just going to have to live with advanced mode.

Favorite Weapons:[AK74] and [DE]