Author Topic: Gun existing time  (Read 2053 times)

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
Gun existing time
« on: November 02, 2006, 07:18:56 pm »
It would be handy to be able to set the time of how long the dropped guns last on the ground. Currently its a tad too short and I dont like it. Or at least just make it longer for the better.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Gun existing time
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 07:53:01 pm »
I don't really see how this could be harmful. As a server-side option I think this could be a good idea :)

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 08:07:40 pm »
If we could program it so that guns lie around for a whole round of R/S, I'd be happy.

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 08:08:41 pm »
I agree. The guns die way too quickly in Realistic Survival. They should at least say 'till the round is over.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 09:08:47 pm »
As a die-hard knife user, I have to say it would be very annoying if there were guns lying around everywhere. It would be extremely difficult to recover my knife after a throw. IMO, they stay long enough as it is... there's not really any need for them to 'linger longer'. ;D

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 09:20:47 pm »
If we could program it so that guns lie around for a whole round of R/S, I'd be happy.

Isn't R/S about earning your guns? Besides that I agree with Vis. although I'm not a knife user all those guns strewn about are annoying as all crap...

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 09:39:11 pm »
Isn't R/S about earning your guns?

No, that's Advanced Mode.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 10:15:09 pm »
As a die-hard knife user, I have to say it would be very annoying if there were guns lying around everywhere. It would be extremely difficult to recover my knife after a throw. IMO, they stay long enough as it is... there's not really any need for them to 'linger longer'. ;D

Agreed.

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 12:17:38 am »
But the mass of the Soldat community don't use knives as extensively as 'die-hard' knife users. Majority rules. It would benefit most of the Soldat players, which is better than hampering everybody but people who use knives. Besides, most of the time, the weapon most recently added to ground (like over a gun) gets picked up first. It's not like the ground's going to be covered with weapons all the time. A few more seconds of life would do OK.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 01:18:18 am »
Actually, a great deal of the Soldat community use knives frequently. And I was referring to the suggestion about leaving the weapons on the ground for the duration of the round:

As for extending the period by a few seconds... I mean really.. what's the point? You wouldn't even notice it. I don't have a problem with it, but it's not going to make any difference, since most of the time you pick up weapons from freshly made corpses.

Still, having it there as an option wouldn't hurt.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 08:52:03 am »
Knife users, don't fear. Since it would be an option, you wouldn't have to worry about a million weapons lying around as you search for your knife on most servers. However, for the R/S servers that want guns laying around forever, they could set it as high as they'd like.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 09:02:57 am »
I don't really see how this could be harmful. As a server-side option I think this could be a good idea :)

I agree. :)

ArmedManiac

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 04:11:09 pm »
I don't understand the point. I tend to not drop my gun and therefore need a new one, or get meleed enough to drop them enogh to need them. It wouldn't make me mad if they lasted longer, I just don't see the point.

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 04:56:45 pm »
Oh yeah, I didnt think about knifers. You got me there.

But I would prefer that it be just like an extra minute longer. Not like 10 minutes so that the maps are stacked to the gills with dropped guns. It just bothers me  when some one melees the weapons out of my hands, and I just wander around aimlessly looking for a gun someone else dropped, but all the ones that have dropped dissapeared because they only exist for a short amout of time.

Allowing to set the time would be handy to avoid the tie games in Dodgeball, leaving no knives left on the ground and relying on players to type /kill to end the round.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:59:43 pm by papercut »
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 05:08:31 pm »
I would love it as an option. And finding your knife wouldn't be much harder; I mean, if it were a server option, or guns just have unlimited time in survival match, it should be ok, because the only servers that would want to set it high would be realistic, trenchwars, or dodgeball. Atleast make them last until the round is over in Survival mode.