Author Topic: Soldat nationalities and way of acting  (Read 6765 times)

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Soldat nationalities and way of acting
« on: October 30, 2006, 05:08:25 pm »
Well, I just was playing a gather. Me + 5 polish players.

Whole laos was just 110% spraying. Polish people tend to use ";]" and ";d"-smileys.
They tend to spray and camp with barrett.

Czech players tend to lag among with poles. They also are skilled sprayers aswell. They are usually in same clans with polish players.

There are MANY new GOOD polish players I havent heard of, and I've been in the scene for years. I usually wonder where the hell do they come from.

Poles tend to use Barrett, Ruger and AUG, sometimes Mp5 on small maps.
Usually there are Poles and Czech people who do not know or are not able to speak English properly. (For example: I know at least 3 of my ex. Clanmates who are now 16+ years and sometimes I find it hard to udnerstand what they are really meaning)

Germans tend to be silent, they are usually young and new players, what I have asked from them. (Younger than 15 years old.)
No offense to ANYONE who is Polish, Czech or German, but thats how I see it.

Of course there are players from all nationalities doing the same, but I really wonder why do poles attract so much attention on people when the discussion os about spraying and general laming..?

Also, I play some browser-based "MMORPG"'s, and it is not so uncommon that there is a pole with "PL" in his/her nickname. I hardly see any who has "GER" or "SWE" or almost any other. Sometimes I see "FIN" tho, maybe I just pay attention to that one since I am Finnish by myself.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:14:00 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
Re: Soldat nationalities and way of acting
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 05:17:14 pm »
Other nationalities' dumbasses often claim each german as a nazi, fix that plz in 1.3.2 michal, thanks.

(i said "dumbasses" for a reason, most of you won't be among those.)
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:49:56 pm »
I don't really notice any personality differences among nationalities, but I am surprised by the... patriotism or whatever European players seem to have with the country tags in their names. I never see Australian, Canadian, or US players including their nation in their handle.

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 07:05:15 pm »
Stereotypical none the less, but I tend to notice the same. Are you aiming somewhere for this thread or are we just sharing discoveries ???
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 07:16:06 pm »
I don't really notice any personality differences among nationalities, but I am surprised by the... patriotism or whatever European players seem to have with the country tags in their names. I never see Australian, Canadian, or US players including their nation in their handle.
This is maybe because in Europe, there are people from like tens of countries, all of them speak in different languages.

Stereotypical none the less, but I tend to notice the same. Are you aiming somewhere for this thread or are we just sharing discoveries ???

Im just trying to figure it out. Why does certain people act like others from same country?
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 08:13:18 pm »
Poles always say "kurwa" (yes, I've looked it up).

Offline pyroo

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 08:43:57 pm »
- the most brazilians (me =]) never use barret at CTF games, only auto/semi-auto like ruger, spas etc.
- brazilians use more "xD" than you will ever see anywhere around the world... xD Oops...
- brazlians use almost only barret and m79 at TM games.
- brazilians plays serious, ever.

I don't know much about other players, so please don't be offende about the last topiv I posted up here... =/ and sorry if I posted something wrong xD (OMFG!)

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 09:30:15 pm »
I notice Americans tend to be pretty rude sometimes (I am American myself so I have a right to say this). I tend to see tons of insults and people saying "omg M79 spamming noob!" all the time and stuff.

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 09:34:49 pm »
ZOMG KURWA MAC ZOMGS.

For now on, I'm going to put idiotic CA| tags everywhere I post just so everybody knows I'm from Canada and not USA. GOD FORBID!

(CA)

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 09:59:44 pm »
apparantly 13 year old americans whine about m79, and call every moving object "n00b"
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Raynor

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 12:08:59 am »
I'm a happy American. While I'm playing Soldat I am blasting the Team America song and stuffing M79 shells down people's throats. I've yet to call someone a "n00b" or whatnot. I tend to say "XD" a helluva lot when I play and kill/get killed by the person I shoot at. I don't know why people take this game so seriously... It's a GAME. XD

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 01:06:46 am »
hey I don't spray!
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 02:39:57 am »
I haven't really noticed alot about how it makes a difference what country you're from. I mean, not apart from anything else;
The Polish can't speak english and don't care to as well.
The French are actually not as bad as their reputation tells about them.
The Danes are somewhat noneexistant *sigh, and the Americans are coming at you with all they've got :D

If anything, I've noticed how finns and polaks tend to form clans and society only available for people of the same nationality. I mean, "No, you can only join if you're from poland". :O"But how am I ever going to survive for 3 euros a day?" - No offends..

No but seriously, they also don't care about keeping the servers single languaged.. I mean, It'd be easier if it was all just english, but these guys don't care about that. :D They're the dirty little rebels of soldat. A polish revolution?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 02:53:51 am »
The Polish can't speak english and don't care to as well.

My point exactly.

(but Swedes are the nicest people ever :O)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 03:07:39 am »
hehe... Obviously you'd think so, but you're right. I like you guys, and your girls in particular. Seriously, swedish girls are the most shaggalicious girls ever!
Anyway, I actually like germans as well. They're always nice, and they never carry out any racist issues. I'm not sure why, but it might be because of the WWII thing. Alot of people hate the modern german just for that, and I myself would probably feel a little pressed to be nice :P

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 03:51:50 am »

I sometimes have UK in my name.

Americans don't put their nationality in their name because they presume that only americans have computers. If there is a european with a computer, then it must mean that they were trained to use the computer by an american.  ::) [/generalisation fest]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 03:55:59 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 04:25:02 am »

The Polish can't speak English and don't care to as well. (...)
I mean, It'd be easier if it was all just English, but these guys don't care about that. :D
It's because many Poles know that Soldat is 'our' game, and for that reason see you as a guest.
Why not 'just polish'? everybody complain about English left-side driving style, and nothing changes. Btw. speaking in national language irritates me when Germans, and others do as well.
I am surprised by the... patriotism or whatever European players seem to have with the country tags in their names. I never see Australian, Canadian, or US players including their nation in their handle.
I don't use "PL". But i think it helps many pigeon-english polish users to talk in easier (national) way, when they see, who's Polish.
I haven't noticed any serious differences among players of different nationalities. If there are some, they are caused by what person you are, not what nationality you are; I suppose.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 04:32:31 am »
the part about polish people spraying and stuff is bs, but it's true most polish do put _PL at the end of their name, and it bugs the hell out of me when I go to some american server and find half of the players _PL (not because of the PL but because they have crappy internets) >:(

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 04:36:15 am »
Well, I suppose it's only natural to put a country indicator behind your name when playing a game that's full of your countrymen. I mean, there'd really be no sence in it for me to put mine in, since there's almost no danish players anyway. It's always fun to meet someone from your own country ingame, so if I was polish, I'd probably do it as well.

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 06:16:18 am »
It's always fun to meet someone from your own country ingame
Not if the most of your countrymen who are playing it are 10-13 and act like retards.