Author Topic: Soldat nationalities and way of acting  (Read 6764 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: Soldat nationalities and way of acting
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 06:33:10 am »
Obviously. Well, I guess that's really more the issue than what country people are from. Think of it, we're dealing with a game that is played by anyone in between 10 and 25 years old. People with 10 years in difference has as much difficulty understanding eachother as to 18 year olds from defferent countries.

I actually think that the language barrier, not only in soldat, but all over the world, is slightly overrated. I meen, of course you can run into some problems when unable to understand someones dialect, but even though you can't have a decent conversation, you can still manage to 'direct' eachother as to what you meen. You know, like, "EFC Up! INC Low! Cover me".. those are basic terms within soldat that pretty much everyone understands, and that's all it takes, really.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 10:52:43 am »
actually considering there are more polish and the possibility of meeting one is higher, having a nationality thingie would be more suited for people who come from countries which don't have many soldat players, let's say there is some maltese dude and if he had something like _MT I would have known he was maltese, and we would have become friends or something, on the other hand a polish dude wouldn't mind if there was some polish guy and he didn't know he was polishhhhh
understand ??

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 11:28:28 am »
I do understand, but the PL in name does not only apprear in Soldat. :o
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 11:48:40 am »
Obviously not, but do remember that soldat is afterall a polish game. Lot's of polish people play it(considered to how many from other nations), so the PL is more common here than elsewhere. I mean, considered as to how many wer different country tags.

In more know games, such as CS or AA, there's probably a huge overload of US's or UK's..

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 11:54:57 am »
I always put [CRO] next to my ingame name because I wan't to see how  many croatian players are there. And I'm proud of my country (nationalism XD)

Croatians tend to use M79 and Minimi(not me tho , I use minimi , mp5 and ruger)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 11:57:58 am »
Hmm... I tried playing with a [DK] in my name, but all I found out is that danes are morons in general, and a whole lot of people used to play donkey kong.

Offline That One Guy

• Major
  • Living In A Dream World
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2006, 12:14:49 pm »
I hate going into a server to have the little kids whining about the M79 killing them. I can't stand people who are racist in a game. It sucks.

I've never seen the reason of being an ass while playing Soldat, and yet people tend to love it. Eh, I dunno.

... But it sure is fun to blow their head off with my barrett and them call me a "n00blaksdjgfsldk" for it.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2006, 12:17:30 pm »
Hmm... I tried playing with a [DK] in my name, but all I found out is that danes are morons in general, and a whole lot of people used to play donkey kong.

That's funny. :)

I don't use "PL". But i think it helps many pigeon-english polish users to talk in easier (national) way, when they see, who's Polish.
I haven't noticed any serious differences among players of different nationalities. If there are some, they are caused by what person you are, not what nationality you are; I suppose.

Yeah, I suppose the language differences are really what drives the country tags. Being able to spot other native speakers and use your own language is definitely nice I'm sure. The only "personality" differences I see are really affected by the language ones -- seeing Spanish speakers use "jajajaja" instead of "hahahaha" for example.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2006, 03:54:07 pm »
The reason i dont have US at the end of my name is most other countries(i think) use the kind of humor in "Armed Maniac"
Ive noticed that most americans play this game like a game more, caring less if you die and more about winning and getting that ffc back to base, but, of course, many other nationalities do this too :)

Date Posted: October 31, 2006, 03:53:29 PM
The reason i dont have US at the end of my name is most other countries(i think) use the kind of humor in "Armed Maniac"
Ive noticed that most americans play this game like a game more, caring less if you die and more about winning and getting that ffc back to base, but, of course, many other nationalities do this too :)
Also, iwth my sig and avatar, its kinda obvious

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 03:59:20 pm »
Also, iwth my sig and avatar, its kinda obvious

Since you bring this up...

Besides the incorrect spelling of "dying," the actual quote is: "No ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his country."

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 05:16:57 pm »
If anything, I've noticed how finns and polaks tend to form clans and society only available for people of the same nationality. I mean, "No, you can only join if you're from poland". :O"But how am I ever going to survive for 3 euros a day?" - No offends..
:D that's hilarious

ArmedManiac

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 06:27:18 pm »
Americans caint spell neither. Or talk correctly at all with grammar or anything.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 06:37:55 pm »
Every German player I play always uses the M79.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 07:14:18 pm »
Americans caint spell "neither." Or talk correctly at all with grammar or anything.

- Apostrophe after Americans ( Americans' )

- Spell check: "Can't"

- Quotations needed

- Began sentance with a conjunction

- Consider revising. Bad use of grammar

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:21:35 pm by Mancer »
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 07:25:52 pm »
Americans caint spell "neither". Or talk correctly at all with grammar or anything.

- Apostrophe after Americans ( Americans' )

- Spell check: "Can't"

- Quotations needed

- Began sentance with a conjunction

- Consider revising. Bad use of grammar

No apostrophe needed. Period inside the quotation marks, too, though I believe British English allows it. Also, as stereotypical and generalized as that (and all opinions in this thread are by default), I'm inclined to agree. Foreign, non-US citizens generally are better educated, better speaking, and have a greater sense of history and geography, at least based on my own experience.

Offline Senik

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 10:24:50 pm »
I was born in Poland and lived most of my life in England; I moved to America 6 years ago, when I was 10. Although I am Polish by birth, I don't spray or camp or employ any of the other stereotypical tactics that are supposedly used commonly by Poles. I think it is quite common to see Polish players spraying, though there are plenty of players of other nationalities who choose to spray as well.

My theory is that the Polish community, having been around for so much longer than the rest of the Soldat world, has developed to the point where the easiest winning tactics are in common practice: namely, spraying.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 09:09:42 pm by Senik »

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2006, 01:20:12 am »
I was born in Poland and lived most of my life in England; I moved to American just 5 years ago, when I was 16.

lol illegal immigrant

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2006, 01:33:45 am »
You know, coming to think of it, I actually like how soldat is one of those games not totally overtaken by the great wide world. I mean, surely alot of nonpolish players are here, but it's still somewhat a polish game, you know? I mean, if world of warcraft was created by someone from india, we'd still think of it as an american creation. It's unlike soldat, where we all know and accept this game comes from poland.
Don't know about you guys, but everytime I see a fellah with a PL in his name, I'm like, "Hey, that's the country in which soldat was created". Somehow it seems a little patriotic to me.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2006, 02:16:11 am »
Awesome...judging a country and its citizens by how teenage kids act in a game.  Absolutely stunning logic.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2006, 02:18:47 am »
Awesome...judging a country and its citizens by how teenage kids act in a game.  Absolutely stunning logic.

I don't think anybody in this thread is doing that.  Nobody's said anything about how people act outside the game.