Author Topic: Soldat nationalities and way of acting  (Read 6755 times)

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Soldat nationalities and way of acting
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 02:33:07 am »
Foreign, non-US citizens generally are better educated, better speaking, and have a greater sense of history and geography, at least based on my own experience.

That's what I was getting at, and it's definitely talking about people outside the game.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 09:10:01 am »
Foreign, non-US citizens generally are better educated, better speaking, and have a greater sense of history and geography, at least based on my own experience.

That's what I was getting at, and it's definitely talking about people outside the game.
Or... Is this like "Everyone different, everyone equal" thing? If yes, lemme laugh at  you. :P

The thread was not made to generalize people outside the game. What i actually said, was what is happening in the game.

The point is that why are poles known to spray, to camp, and to use ";]" or ";d" smileys?
Or why do they usually have normal ping but they still warp around, and almost all the same can be noticed on Czech players aswell.

Is it because Soldat is made by a pole, or why? :|
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2006, 09:28:56 am »
I rarely see a Pole spraying, more so of camping, but it isn't a problem. Don't assume just because you see _PL you're up against a sprayer, camer, or "Kurwa" yelling idiot. Czech people, or at least the ones I've seen, are very good. Don't say you're annoyed by the Poles because it is their game.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2006, 09:34:15 am »
I rarely see a Pole spraying, more so of camping, but it isn't a problem. Don't assume just because you see _PL you're up against a sprayer, camer, or "Kurwa" yelling idiot. Czech people, or at least the ones I've seen, are very good. Don't say you're annoyed by the Poles because it is their game.
Not EVERYONE of them.

You should see polish clans like l33t, MG and others playing, and you know what I mean. Undead aswell, we played them, lost 5-0 laos, started spraying and lost the spraymal-viet 2-1, whoich was pretty fucking close map.

Ask someone from Sweden, from Germany, Finland, Russia and Poland, is Spraying lame or is it acceptable tactic in CW's and you know what i mean. :P
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2006, 09:37:35 am »

Not at all. It applies in-game, too, via what I see people talk about or reference. It's only natural that general trends would show up in players playing, though it'd still be wrong to make sweeping generalizations about that. Don't get your panties in a bunch -- I think everyone here understand that but you. :P

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2006, 10:51:57 am »
Don't get my panties in a bunch?  Hardly, I'm just making a point.  I mean, I see people talking about geography and the like alllll the time in game.  Yup.

And no Claw, this isn't some "everyone different, everyone equal" thing.  Because not everyone is equal.  I understand things just fine, thanks.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2006, 11:17:08 am »
Don't get my panties in a bunch?  Hardly, I'm just making a point.  I mean, I see people talking about geography and the like alllll the time in game.  Yup.

I didn't realize you were an omnipresent god. My apologies.  ::) This topic if you haven't noticed is based on your experience playing the game with others. I've seen things which contribute to my general opinion. Yours may vary, but that's neither the rule nor has any affect whatsoever on my or any other person's experience playing the game.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2006, 11:46:35 am »
Apology accepted.  After all, you're only mortal.

Maybe I should find a new place to play.  All I was getting at was that your post seemed to be the only one thus far talking about people outside the game.  If not..ho well.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2006, 11:59:52 am »
Apology accepted.  After all, you're only mortal.

Maybe I should find a new place to play.  All I was getting at was that your post seemed to be the only one thus far talking about people outside the game.  If not..ho well.

Well, my point was that general character and other national traits -- which is being stereotypical, but anyway... -- associated with a certain nation are likely to spill over into the game when players from that nation join. I'm hardly saying that the game erupts in a brilliant educational lesson when non-US players enter. :P I have on a couple of occasions had games break up into economics discussions, and after Hurricane Katrina I saw a fair amount of country tagged players asking about it, contrasted to local US players being aware of international issues and possibly bringing them up when a player from an affected country joins. Just a minor observation over a few years of playing, and not one I expect to be shared with most others playing the game. :)

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2006, 11:40:43 am »

Oops.  I guess I'd just blocked that post from memory on account of it being extremely stupid ;)

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2006, 11:54:52 am »
The only race-related thing I've noticed is people tend to be harsher to foreign players than with fellow North Americans(in my case), or vice versa. Probably a communication/social barrier sometimes.

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2006, 01:11:03 pm »
So if we'r about steariotypes (not to offence anyone of course)..

-Finns tent not to die (even though there'r not lagging at all 16-30 ping).
-Israelis tent also not to die, but that's coz they'r laggy(100 ping) --> no, I'm just kidding, it's realy easy killing 100 ping players.. the same as 30 but some makes it a big deal since they'r looking at the pings)
-some Poles indeed sprays and camps much, I dunno why but... when I was active at clans all the time my clanmates said "We shouldn't play them, there'r polish and probably spraying" , we've played them anyhow and it was just funny how true that was.

But those are just steariotypes, most of the polish ppl are just normaly and I've known realy skilled polish guys and finns and etc.
and for the steariotypes of "Natzis" as for German I can promist u it's not right, not nowadays at least,
I've been at a german clan, they were all nice to me (while I'm a Jew)
and most of the racist against Jews isn't coming from germans but whatever..

Now when we'r talking about those stuff, while wouldn't we add some program to the game that blocks curses and make them stared (like in the forum).
It's not that easy but it would make this game nicer.

Offline n0b-

• Soldier
  • Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls
    • Russian Soldat Community Homepage
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2006, 01:19:03 pm »
Yeah, most MMORPGs have this anti-curse feature. And there is a kind a of it Soldat on some servers, but that system didn't prove to work properly *sigh*
@Topic: The only thing I've managed to notice is that the polish tend to speak their native ingame more *much more* than the others.

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2006, 03:18:40 pm »
Young finnish players are brats and I don't like em<.<

Well, it's true.

And germans are annoying, Britts are stuck up, poles and spray too much, frenchman I just don't like, Swedes are to arrogant, Norwigeans and danes speak wierdly and russians lag, Americans voted for Bush, Spaniards are too far south, Swiss players are too much like finnish players, Australians are too far away and koreans are too good.

If your country was not mentioned, and you want your birthcountry insulted, please quote me and I might add it. I might also think that your country suck too much to be added. If your country isn't added, then that's probably why. Have a nice evening.

I try to be fair with my bias.
My aim sucks.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2006, 03:25:58 pm »
Americans voted for Bush

Actually, the majority of the popular vote wasn't for Bush.  Besides, this is about the way people act in game..most of the players aren't even old enough to vote.