Author Topic: (Poll) Am i really that bad?  (Read 4442 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: (Poll) Am i really that bad?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 04:35:07 pm »
You've never pissed me off or wronged me.

I say: f11.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 07:01:50 pm »
These are the things about you that bother me.

A famous quote of yours is, "your lack of smart is ****." What does that even mean?

Why do you have a windows wallpaper as your avatar?

Please learn how to use commas. I know I'm a grammar nazi, but I still feel that I have a right to be bugged by this.

* Address: My father ate the bagel, John.
    * Interjection: My father ate the bagel, gosh darn it!
    * Aside: My father, if you don’t mind my telling you this, ate the bagel.
    * Appositive: My father, a jaded and bitter man, ate the bagel.
    * Absolute phrase: My father, his eyes flashing with rage, ate the bagel.
    * Free modifier: My father ate the bagel, chewing with unbridled fury.
    * Resumptive modifier: My father ate the bagel, a bagel which no man had yet chewed.
    * Summative modifier: My father ate the bagel, a feat which no man had attempted.
    * Any phrase that interrupts the flow of the main clause:
          * My father, chewing with unbridled fury, ate the bagel (free modifier).
          * My father, in a fit of rage, ate the bagel (prepositional phrase).
          * My father, with no regard for his health, ate the bagel (adverbial phrase).
          * My father, despite his lack of teeth, ate the bagel (adverbial phrase).

Also, your quotes in your signatures have never amused me, and seem childish: "the teacher said 'tell me h2o' so the class said 'hijklmno' ROFL!!!!" Not funny.

Seconded (F12); listen to others, Ds Dude.

Offline Landle

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 07:21:31 pm »
These are the things about you that bother me.

A famous quote of yours is, "your lack of smart is ****." What does that even mean?

Why do you have a windows wallpaper as your avatar?

Please learn how to use commas. I know I'm a grammar nazi, but I still feel that I have a right to be bugged by this.

* Address: My father ate the bagel, John.
    * Interjection: My father ate the bagel, gosh darn it!
    * Aside: My father, if you don’t mind my telling you this, ate the bagel.
    * Appositive: My father, a jaded and bitter man, ate the bagel.
    * Absolute phrase: My father, his eyes flashing with rage, ate the bagel.
    * Free modifier: My father ate the bagel, chewing with unbridled fury.
    * Resumptive modifier: My father ate the bagel, a bagel which no man had yet chewed.
    * Summative modifier: My father ate the bagel, a feat which no man had attempted.
    * Any phrase that interrupts the flow of the main clause:
          * My father, chewing with unbridled fury, ate the bagel (free modifier).
          * My father, in a fit of rage, ate the bagel (prepositional phrase).
          * My father, with no regard for his health, ate the bagel (adverbial phrase).
          * My father, despite his lack of teeth, ate the bagel (adverbial phrase).

Also, your quotes in your signatures have never amused me, and seem childish: "the teacher said 'tell me h2o' so the class said 'hijklmno' ROFL!!!!" Not funny.

Seconded (F12); listen to others, Ds Dude.
Is Ds Dude really that bad? I guess I need to find out myself.
Soldat shall rise in flying colors.()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I don't have a sig yet.()
()()()()()()()()()()()()())()

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 07:23:16 pm »
Is Ds Dude really that bad? I guess I need to find out myself.

Take a look.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Landle

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 07:28:37 pm »
Are you kidding me? This guy needs some improvement, I don't mean to be rude, And honestly I've never been rude, In matter of fact I don't think i ever cussed before. But anyways I think he needs some f10.
Soldat shall rise in flying colors.()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I don't have a sig yet.()
()()()()()()()()()()()()())()

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 07:35:13 pm »
f12
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 08:55:04 am »
Are you kidding me? This guy needs some improvement, I don't mean to be rude, And honestly I've never been rude, In matter of fact I don't think i ever cussed before. But anyways I think he needs some f10.

I highly doubt you've never "cussed" before. People usually give me the "I'm a Christian, I don't cuss!" reply, but I'm convinced that everyone does swear or has before be it secret it or not, and everyone has been rude, somtimes you just can't help it.

If you really don't like ds dude that's fine, but all I can say is don't "piggyback" and agree with the majority to gain the respect and/or liking of the other forum members.  It's lame in the end and I believe you gain more respect from stating your real opinion and speaking your own mind.  Agreeing with the majority isn't bad if you really do agree though.

I'm not a perfect person, and I don't deny ever "piggybacking".  I did it when I first came to these forums until I realized how lame it was.  A bit of piggybacking, being influenced by friends, and showing some maturity, I changed from that annoying (or more annoying at least) kid I used to be.
Three years can make a lot of difference.

I'm not accusing you of these things, I'm just giving advice from personal experience.  Just keep this is mind is all.  Best of luck my friend.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 10:45:34 pm »
F12 for being the obnoxious little 12 year old that you are.

EDIT: Then again, at some point in time I spammed up a forum without realizing how annoying I was being. You will certainly improve in two or three years.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:47:26 pm by A »

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 08:31:02 am »
Then again, at some point in time I spammed up a forum without realizing how annoying I was being.

Everyone does things like this at first.  When they realize that they are doing it they usually post at a minimal rate for a bit.  And his being twelve years old doesn't necessarily mean he is obnoxious and annoying.  I've met twelve-year-olds before that have the mentality and maturity way above their age level.

A good portion of the time it doesn't take two or three years for them to improve, just something in themselves that makes them want to seem more intelligent or having people influence them.  That's what it was for me, friends influenced me into being a more mature person that I was already.  Good grammar just seems like the most intelligent way to go about that road to maturity.  From what I've seen people will listen, take you seriously (unless you're joking), and respect what you have to say more times than not if you say what you need to say in a somewhat organized and eye-friendly way.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.