Author Topic: Register Soldat now!  (Read 35888 times)

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
Register Soldat now!
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:45:08 am »
I will be raising the price of the Soldat registraton the moment the next version is out. I believe the value of the game has risen A LOT since I established the price of 9$ years ago and I need more money right now also to fund my new project. The price will be 12$ when version 1.3.2 is out and after a while I'll raise it more to 15$. Until that happens Soldat is still available for only 9$! So hurry up until that happens, time is running out! Now is the last chance to get registered just for 9$. Point your mouse here and register now!.
http://www.soldat.pl/man/register-en.html#register

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Register Soldat now!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 10:01:12 am »
$12, $15?! Oh no, it's eventually going to become a... regular, boring commercial game :o

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 10:03:39 am »
Look what ArmedManiac has wrought inspiring such greed!  >:(  :P

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:05:32 am »
... Damn you Armed >:( I think he should be banned for this :P

I'm just joking btw.

Offline cooz

• Soldier
  • BANNED
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:07:58 am »
smart move  mr. MM ::)
Dead man! Dead man walking! We got a dead man walking here! Banned man crawling more like

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:18:01 am »
$12, $15?! Oh no, it's eventually going to become a... regular, boring commercial game :o

Nope, it'll be a regular, boring, slightly-more-expensive shareware game. ;)

Well, I can honestly accept why this raise has been made. Plus, it ain't really that much a difference in price.

Offline teh_ham

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:29:41 am »
I dont mind paying a price for something, just as long as i get my moneys worth, and from what your offering registered users with soldat right now, im not particularly interested in registering. Exclusive weapons - now theres something i would pay for. Coloured jetflames - hmmmm.

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 10:54:10 am »
Well would you pay 12$ or 15$ for Soldat if you had to. Like there would be a time limit and it would simply stop working. Would you pay for the entire game, is that worth the money? Think about it like that.

Offline DarkNoddy

• Soldier
  • BunnehMastah
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 11:18:06 am »
If soldat cost $15 when I registered long time ago I would still do it, simply because I love the game :) MM "needs to put food on his family" as well
----Get µTorrent here! - Torrent Tutorial----  
The sum of all fears: 01945

Offline Sebastian

• Major
  • Secretly Canadian
    • 2Wai Forum
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 11:59:12 am »

For more information about Soldat's sudden increase in price, i recommend you the next article ! http://www.soldat.nl/news/1162572668/

With a special thanks to soldat.nl's local reporter in Poland.

Offline n0b-

• Soldier
  • Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls
    • Russian Soldat Community Homepage
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 12:42:14 pm »
On the one hand, it's unfair that lame puzzle games are more expensive than Soldat atm and yes, you want to get profit.
On the other hand, higher price means less popularity and more :cracks:

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 12:59:36 pm »
I dont mind paying a price for something, just as long as i get my moneys worth, and from what your offering registered users with soldat right now, im not particularly interested in registering. Exclusive weapons - now theres something i would pay for. Coloured jetflames - hmmmm.

Yeah, it's kinda a Catch 22 as less worthwhile features may lead to less registrations, but then offering a crippled shareware version may not drum up the interest needed to keep players coming in. All said and done $15 is nothing at all and about the standard as far as these sort of homebrew games go for anyway. I think I paid $15 for Jeff Minter's Gridrunner++ and various other shareware games such as Dungeon Scroll. I really don't see this as having any real impact on whether people choose to register or not since there's no real feature incentive to do it anyway as of now. You do it to support the developer, that's all.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 01:07:45 pm »
Think about it guys, one man has done all the work for this game. He deserves those few extra bucks.  I regged the $9 way back before I had a job, 14 or 15 I think, the money really isn't hard to get.
@ii

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 02:01:43 pm »
If soldat cost $15 when I registered long time ago I would still do it, simply because I love the game :) MM "needs to put food on his family" as well

Amen. Agreed to this. I would have done it too.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 02:53:06 pm »
It seems perfectly reasonable to me. I would definitely pay $6 more for soldat.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 03:34:18 pm »

Soldat is a hobby, not a profession. I don't mind you raising the price, 'cause I really don't think 15€ is alot of mony anyway. But.. why?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 03:41:21 pm »
Well would you pay 12$ or 15$ for Soldat if you had to. Like there would be a time limit and it would simply stop working. Would you pay for the entire game, is that worth the money? Think about it like that.

I trial period might not be such a good idea. It took me a while before I decided I wanted to register. And a lot of people don't register becuase they cant (not old enough to send money). If you force people to register you will lose a lot of people.

Personally, I don't mind paying for good quality products. (Case and point, my video card topic) I am willing to register again if it supports the new project. When it comes to price when I first registered $9 was fine $12 is acceptable but $15 seems a little much. I suggest $14.99 or just $14. Play the mind game, 15 is rounded up to 20 and 14 rounds down to 10.

On the other hand I do not like spending money and not getting quality a quality product. Then bugs in this version have driven me crazy before. At this moment if you asked me to register for $9 I wouldn't. When this 1.3.0 came out if you asked me to register for $15 I would of.

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 05:46:12 pm »
Soo many things I wanna buy...

Soldat, DoD:S, Bully, A drum kit...

DAMN my seven-bucks-a-week allowance!
not around

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 06:29:02 pm »
I think this is deserved. It's not like $12 is going to send anybody who wants to register Soldat spiralling into poverty.

Good move, MM.

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 07:01:32 pm »
I'm a bit surprised at this, you used to say "Soldat wasn't made by a big company such as EA" etc etc.. I just this that's hypocricy that...now your game costs the same price as an EA game, but it's still buggy as hell and the netcode isn't that nicely written..
Besides, getting us to pay for a game we will probably not even play seems odd to me.
Oh and not many people bought the game when it cost 9dollars why do you think people will do now (with 15 dollars) especially when many bugs remain.