Author Topic: Register Soldat now!  (Read 35891 times)

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Register Soldat now!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 07:36:48 pm »
I'm a bit surprised at this, you used to say "Soldat wasn't made by a big company such as EA" etc etc.. I just this that's hypocricy that...now your game costs the same price as an EA game, but it's still buggy as hell and the netcode isn't that nicely written..
Besides, getting us to pay for a game we will probably not even play seems odd to me.
Oh and not many people bought the game when it cost 9dollars why do you think people will do now (with 15 dollars) especially when many bugs remain.

By Juliana, surely you understand what this is for!  Just because the game is "buggy" and the "netcode isn't nicely written" does not mean you shouldn't register.  This is for supporting and funding our beloved Marcinkowski the Great!  If you have actually read his post, you would clearly know why he's raising the registration cost.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 07:42:05 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 07:37:40 pm »
Besides, getting us to pay for a game we will probably not even play seems odd to me.
I fail to understand this sentence. Could someone clarify for me?
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 07:39:39 pm »
pay a small amount of money for new, simple in-game features.
If registered users were actually getting new, simple in-game features then yeah... but they aren't.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 07:41:46 pm »
I guess I should fix that...

I fail to understand this sentence. Could someone clarify for me?

I think he is saying that he finds it strange to pay for a game we might not play anymore in the future.  Well, what about all the other games you had to pay for?  Perhaps I misinterpreted the sentence, but his post overall gives me the impression that he is selfish. :(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 07:46:08 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 07:52:36 pm »
It's kind of sad that people think they're BUYING the jet flames and MP3 player. You're not. You're supporting the creator of the game that you've leeched hours of game play off of. According to what I think is being said, you're all not happy with Soldat becoming $15 to register. It's still FREE to play. MM's just kicking up the donation amount, so stop complaining. He's not holding you at gunpoint and forcing you to donate.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 08:04:40 pm »
Totally agreed^^.

The cool thing here, and what makes the new 15€ charge acceptable, is that MM also offers you a free version. he's giving you a choice, and as I see it, you don't have the right to complain about it. I'm unregistrered myself, but that doesn't give me any disadvantages compared to those who did register. When I register, and I will, it won't be for the coloured jetflames, the mp3 or whatever, it will be for myself to be able to say, I supported the creator of soldat, I supported this game.

And it's not like unregged people are seen down upon. You're given a choice, and you can choose just whatever you wwant. No one will judge you. You might only recieve 90% of the game, but you'll recieve 100% of what's critically needed. No worries..
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 11:17:32 pm »
If it's for donations, why not make a basic registration 9$, and a supercalifragilistic registration 15$.  Only the supercalifragilistic registration gives you a RAINBOW star!  And RAINBOW coloured jets!  And RAINBOW MP3s!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 11:41:51 pm »
Btw guys... I know this is surprising... you do not have to reg the game. Its crazy I know
@ii

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 12:25:51 am »
Really?

Offline Officer_Bulbock

• Major
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 01:09:00 am »
Registered a while ago, but I support MM- Soldat is worth it, and $12-$15 isn't that much really.

But I find that games with a time limit are often just played till it expires, then deleted and forgotten about. The more players, the better, as far as I can see. Gives them time to think about buying it, as well.

Anyway, good luck with Crimson Glory MM!

Offline gnatinator

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2006, 02:05:50 am »
Ok, I just registered.

Honestly, to all you guys complaining about the registration fee. Think of it this way, you pay 10$ to go see a movie at the theatre, you maybe get 2 hours of enjoyment. In that perspective, Soldat is a total bargain. I'm sure most bothering to read this forum have already enjoyed hundreds of hours of Soldat.

I'm really not expecting anything else from MM. Imo, Soldat was totally ruined after 1.2.1, but I just had so much fun with 1.2.1 (and still do to this day) that I think he totally deserves the miniscule 9 dollars he is asking for.

Thank you very much MM, you have provided me with countless hours of enjoyment. But you still are a wank for ruining one of my most favorite independent games :P

Looking forward to Crimson Glory.

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2006, 03:29:21 am »
On the other hand, higher price means less popularity and more :cracks:

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2006, 04:26:38 am »
Well its a good idea. But, the real idea is the rush of people who might be inclined to register now before it become 15 bucks :P
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 08:55:22 am »
^Cheeseman has an excellent point.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Foln

• Major(1)
  • ARRRRRR!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 09:30:03 am »
But there will be some more features for registered players, or? ;DD
I mean when it coasts 15 dollars :O

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 10:03:00 am »
If there are nothing like limited play time, it's ok...but if something like that would be added...

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2006, 10:05:06 am »
Over the last 3 years that I've had a computer, every time I had 10-15 bucks, I'd raid the bargain bin at the local computer games store. Half those games where crappier, had more bugs than soldat will ever see, and the graphics where just crap. I'd usually on play these for a week, and toss them to the back of the cupboard. Then I found Soldat, and I thought..."this game is awesome! I can't believe its free!". I played it for hours, and spent whole nights playing AGAINST BOTS (before I had the internet.)

Simply put...would you rather go and pay for a bargain bin game that you won't play for long, and you lose 15 bucks, or pay for soldat, which you will play for months (and maybe even years) and gain some pride that you know that your 15 bucks is going towards developing the game further.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that I'm not registered either, mainly because I don't play Soldat anymore...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 10:09:21 am by The Bone Collector »
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 10:46:14 am »
But there will be some more features for registered players, or? ;DD
I mean when it coasts 15 dollars :O
No. The only difference right now is that there is more pressure to register while it's still at $9, before it rises.

Offline Foln

• Major(1)
  • ARRRRRR!!!
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 11:06:06 am »
Yes. But i thought, maybe there will be something more, when it coasts 15dollars. because that's many more than 9 dollars.

But however, I understand he needs more money...;)

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 12:06:48 pm »
For that price, I'd expect at least a big new version with a lot more new content then we usually get.