Author Topic: Register Soldat now!  (Read 35889 times)

Offline Officer_Bulbock

• Major
Re: Register Soldat now!
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2006, 01:39:32 pm »
Imo, Soldat was totally ruined after 1.2.1

HERESY!

Burn the witch!

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2006, 11:49:32 pm »
I think it aint fair only cause you get like nothing when you register... All the features arn't great... Maybe you should add something good that you get in 1.3.2

Proud Staff Member of U13 and EnEsCe Corp.
|____________________________________________|

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2006, 11:50:58 pm »
Regging was never for the stuff, it was put in for people that love the game and wanted to give.
@ii

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2006, 11:52:39 pm »
Ok and what about those who don't want to give... I am not talking about me personally, but maybe add more features to attract more people...

Proud Staff Member of U13 and EnEsCe Corp.
|____________________________________________|

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2006, 11:56:30 pm »
I they love the game they will give, if not then oh well. They can buy a movie instead....
@ii

Offline esko

• Major
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2006, 01:39:39 am »
lost my reg.key, receipt and whatelse mail in a major system crash.

question is, if i re-register now, how long will it take before we see bunch of people who use blacklisted keys?

I'd like to know, in order to pay for another time, is that what has been done to prevent the use of warez keys? Lobby checks the authentity of serial when connecting? or something similar? or nothing?

I buy the app for the second time but i dont want to be treated as warez-user because of that. I rather stay in crippled mode than see bunch of people who i know have warez-serial..

So, anything official info about the registration-shield?

in finland we have this thing called 'pilkunnussinta'

Offline .neten k!ng`

• Major
  • I am a moron
    • PivotNet
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2006, 03:46:37 am »
Good to see that its gone up in price, now all we need is a way to stop those pest hackers from getting it for free

<m00`> i bet jews dont have a penis
<m00`> i bet they reproduce with their poo

Offline User No. 2

• Major
  • IT engineer
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2006, 07:20:01 am »
Very good idea! I think that you should make Soldat (in not registered shareware version) playable only for 1 month too. More people will then register Soldat. Noobs won`t register it (and will be less noobs playing this game). 9$ or 15$ is really low price for such cool game like Soldat :-) Keep coding!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 07:21:34 am by User No. 2 »
Regards, User No. 2

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2006, 08:01:43 am »
Very good idea! I think that you should make Soldat (in not registered shareware version) playable only for 1 month too. More people will then register Soldat. Noobs won`t register it (and will be less noobs playing this game). 9$ or 15$ is really low price for such cool game like Soldat :-) Keep coding!
The problem with this is that it might kill the game in certain countries (such as australia, who has little registered players).  Those who are left registered will have to play in laggy foreign servers.  I don't want to play in foreign servers!  BTW I regged it years ago, best few bucks I have ever spent!

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2006, 08:13:20 am »

question is, if i re-register now, how long will it take before we see bunch of people who use blacklisted keys?

I'd like to know, in order to pay for another time, is that what has been done to prevent the use of warez keys? Lobby checks the authentity of serial when connecting? or something similar? or nothing?

I buy the app for the second time but i dont want to be treated as warez-user because of that. I rather stay in crippled mode than see bunch of people who i know have warez-serial..

Yes, the keys are checked through the master server. If it is certain that the key was stolen it messes up your game.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2006, 08:22:05 am »
If it is certain that the key was stolen it messes up your game.

Just out of curiosity, how badly?

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2006, 09:18:42 am »
If it is certain that the key was stolen it messes up your game.

Just out of curiosity, how badly?

Ever played Doom 3 in the middle of the night?

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2006, 09:32:38 am »

Yes, the keys are checked through the master server. If it is certain that the key was stolen it messes up your game.

What about people who share their keys with their clans? Would that key be disabled?

Offline User No. 2

• Major
  • IT engineer
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2006, 11:55:48 am »
What about people who share their keys with their clans? Would that key be disabled?
Are you joking? It`s simply piracy. You can`t share key with anyone... You can`t share it with your clan, neighbour or anyone else... but if your clan will buy keys (together) you can get it with lower price for each key (from Michal), but of course every member of your clan should have own key!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 11:59:51 am by User No. 2 »
Regards, User No. 2

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2006, 12:12:14 pm »
I dont mind paying a price for something, just as long as i get my moneys worth, and from what your offering registered users with soldat right now, im not particularly interested in registering. Exclusive weapons - now theres something i would pay for. Coloured jetflames - hmmmm.
Do you really think that's what paying is for? It's intended to be free for anyone, but to support if you can.

I'm a bit surprised at this, you used to say "Soldat wasn't made by a big company such as EA" etc etc.. I just this that's hypocricy that...now your game costs the same price as an EA game, but it's still buggy as hell and the netcode isn't that nicely written..
Besides, getting us to pay for a game we will probably not even play seems odd to me.
Oh and not many people bought the game when it cost 9dollars why do you think people will do now (with 15 dollars) especially when many bugs remain.

Wrong, EA = $60 = game usually sucks

Isn't it funny how they can drop NHL 06 to around $40 Canadian, but Madden is still $60? And it used to be $50 when the 2k football series was around ;)

Offline teh_ham

• Major(1)
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2006, 03:10:54 pm »
Well would you pay 12$ or 15$ for Soldat if you had to. Like there would be a time limit and it would simply stop working. Would you pay for the entire game, is that worth the money? Think about it like that.
Hmm...how can i make my point without being too harsh...I love soldat, really its my ideal game. I play it more than any other game i have. But, currently, i wouldnt pay a penny for it. Why? - its full of bugs, Lag, and the occasional hacker ( which i know is not entirely your fault). The hacker part i can overlook because the hackers will always be one step ahead of the developer, commercial or not. But The bugs and lag is just too much. and the fact is - it hasnt been fixed (nor even attempted to be fixed) over the previous few versions. Fix (most) of the bugs and the lag, and then i would pay for soldat.

Do you really think that's what paying is for? It's intended to be free for anyone, but to support if you can.
I would support it, but im discouraged from doing so. as explained above, many bugs have remained in several versions, Also, if i bought a game from say, Steam, I wouldnt be thinking "i really want to support valve.", i would be buying the game because i would of thought it would of been fun to play. Which is why i am not currently registered.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2006, 05:40:35 pm »
This is Just MM's ingenious plan of rushing everyone to buy the game.

Sorry if someone may have already said this.. I read up to page 1 and a half.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 08:25:53 pm »
Well would you pay 12$ or 15$ for Soldat if you had to. Like there would be a time limit and it would simply stop working. Would you pay for the entire game, is that worth the money? Think about it like that.
Hmm...how can i make my point without being too harsh...I love soldat, really its my ideal game. I play it more than any other game i have. But, currently, i wouldnt pay a penny for it. Why? - its full of bugs, Lag, and the occasional hacker ( which i know is not entirely your fault). The hacker part i can overlook because the hackers will always be one step ahead of the developer, commercial or not. But The bugs and lag is just too much. and the fact is - it hasnt been fixed (nor even attempted to be fixed) over the previous few versions. Fix (most) of the bugs and the lag, and then i would pay for soldat.
Two words, Counter Strike.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 09:13:33 pm »
Whew! Good thing I'm registered!

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 10:13:13 pm »
This thread makes me sad. Too much anger of the monies